Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

British Summer Time 2014

+5
bwfc71
Banks of the Croal
Mr Magoo
karlypants
doffcocker
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1British Summer Time 2014 Empty British Summer Time 2014 Sat Mar 29 2014, 11:52

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

...begins tonight.

Don't forget to put your clocks forward.

We lose an hour but by god it's worth it.

2British Summer Time 2014 Empty Re: British Summer Time 2014 Sat Mar 29 2014, 13:33

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A few years ago I remember putting my clock back an hour instead of forward by mistake lol

3British Summer Time 2014 Empty Re: British Summer Time 2014 Sat Mar 29 2014, 13:38

In this day and age it's unnecessary (it was brought in during the first world war so we could get an extra hour working in the fields for the war effort I believe but I may be wrong) and it robs me of a precious hour of drunken Nuts time tonight.

Bastards!

4British Summer Time 2014 Empty Re: British Summer Time 2014 Sun Mar 30 2014, 22:47

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Fuck off, I have been in the field tonight, it was lovely (no Animals involved). ::FU::

5British Summer Time 2014 Empty Re: British Summer Time 2014 Sun Mar 30 2014, 22:49

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mr Magoo wrote:Fuck off, I have been in the field tonight, it was lovely (no Animals involved). ::FU::
A bit funny you just come out with that.

Are you sure you haven't?

Are you trying to double bluff?  :biggrin:

6British Summer Time 2014 Empty Re: British Summer Time 2014 Sun Mar 30 2014, 23:05

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

karlypants wrote:
Mr Magoo wrote:Fuck off, I have been in the field tonight, it was lovely (no Animals involved). ::FU::
A bit funny you just come out with that. It is isnt it

Are you sure you haven't? I am very sure you sick fuck

Are you trying to double bluff?  :biggrin: You will never no

7British Summer Time 2014 Empty Re: British Summer Time 2014 Sun Mar 30 2014, 23:09

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Love it when the clocks go forward, they should make it a Bank Holliday and everybody gets Monday off.

8British Summer Time 2014 Empty Re: British Summer Time 2014 Sun Mar 30 2014, 23:17

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mr Magoo wrote:
karlypants wrote:
A bit funny you just come out with that. It is isnt it

Are you sure you haven't? I am very sure you sick fuck

Are you trying to double bluff?  :biggrin: You will never no
 Very Happy

9British Summer Time 2014 Empty Re: British Summer Time 2014 Mon Mar 31 2014, 20:43

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Cuba and South Australia have got it right - get rid of the changing of the clocks.  Definitely not needed in today's world!!!

Pus I would go one further and we should have same time zone as European Central Time Zone, that's we British companies do the most business so from that point of view it would make sense to have the same time zone!  Plus I wouldn't get "jet-lag" twice a year!!!

10British Summer Time 2014 Empty Re: British Summer Time 2014 Mon Mar 31 2014, 21:34

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Thank god for that the clock in my car is right again!!1

11British Summer Time 2014 Empty Re: British Summer Time 2014 Mon Mar 31 2014, 21:38

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Seriously what is the point of it, we put it back again in a few months so we're back where we started again!

Does anyknow if other countries still do it?

12British Summer Time 2014 Empty Re: British Summer Time 2014 Mon Mar 31 2014, 21:43

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

aaron_bwfc wrote:Seriously what is the point of it, we put it back again in a few months so we're back where we started again!

Does anyknow if other countries still do it?

To be fair most other counties still do it!  The countries (or part of countries) that don't are in the minority, unfortunately.

Us, and rest of Europe change on the same day but the US and Canada or always 2 weeks behind us!

13British Summer Time 2014 Empty Re: British Summer Time 2014 Wed Apr 02 2014, 14:27

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Gotta say I'm enjoying BST already. Having daylight and a bit of sun after work has cheered me up no end. Better still the missus is less of a grumpy f*** - think she has S.A.D  - and a vino or two while the sun goes down has worked wonders.

14British Summer Time 2014 Empty Re: British Summer Time 2014 Wed Apr 02 2014, 14:29

I think it's great too, suddenly the evenings are brighter makes the day feel much longer. Better for weekends in the beer garden too.

Russia got rid of it because Putin didn't fancy it, give how short days can be in parts of Russia it probably wasn't a good idea.

15British Summer Time 2014 Empty Re: British Summer Time 2014 Wed Apr 02 2014, 20:56

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:I think it's great too, suddenly the evenings are brighter makes the day feel much longer. Better for weekends in the beer garden too.

Russia got rid of it because Putin didn't fancy it, give how short days can be in parts of Russia it probably wasn't a good idea.

What?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum