Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Messages under shirts - ie Pray 4 Muamba

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Cahill had "Pray 4 Muamba" written on his under shirt for his first game after the collapse - he scored and revealed the message to the cameras and crowd.

Petrov had "Be StROnG StAn" - scrawled, almost illegibly, under his shirt when Stan Petrov was diagnosed with leukaemia - he scored.

If you have a message under your shirt do you go out onto the pitch with more of a mentality that you think you will score no matter what?

The alternative is this - there are a sad bunch of players running round every week with their special printed slogans on who just don't score and don't get to show them off - how pathetic does that sound? For example, I bet Torres had a message of some sort under his shirt for weeks and weeks - never scored.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well Balotelli had YOLO under his shirt yesterday and i guess that was the catalyst for him trying to break everyones legs and then getting sent off.

so yes i do think it makes you act differently.

as for Petrov, Illegible?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

true, it's not done in calligraphy but i think it's perfectly easy to read.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

jayjay23 wrote:
The alternative is this - there are a sad bunch of players running round every week with their special printed slogans on who just don't score and don't get to show them off -

This is no doubt 100% true.

I've heard Ngog has been wearing a t-shirt that says "Welcome To The World, Keisha" in honour of when his daughter was born.

She's now 4 years old.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why didn't he reveal it when he scored this season?

Quent

Quent
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

lol, never thought of that JJ, but you're right, there probably are a bunch of footballers running round with t-shirts on under their strip desperate to score a goal!

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Well Balotelli had YOLO under his shirt yesterday and i guess that was the catalyst for him trying to break everyones legs and then getting sent off.

so yes i do think it makes you act differently.

as for Petrov, Illegible?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

true, it's not done in calligraphy but i think it's perfectly easy to read.

Ok. Not illegible. But like he wrote it with his left hand. Whilst drunk. When he was 6. In the dark.

I just think he wrote it after he put it on.

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

OneOinCoyle wrote:I just think he wrote it after he put it on.

Yeah, seems that way. Not a bad job then really. Just looks a bit cheap compared to the players who get them printed. Does printing mean you will try harder than if you write it yourself?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

May i suggest you're reading a bit much into this jayjay.

The overall point is a good one though, i do think it spurs you on a bit, so no harm done really is there?

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Imagine BPL player A going home to tell little Sally that he is sorry he didn't score so he could show everyone his message on his undershirt... that must suck.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum