Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dougie Freedman is set to announce second signing after Leicester City player Neil Danns

+8
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
Reebok_Rebel
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
Soul Kitchen
Hipster_Nebula
karlypants
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers look set to make Liam Trotter their second confirmed signing of the summer.

Following on from the capture of Neil Danns on a 12-month deal, it is understood the club will confirm a two-year agreement with the midfielder, who has been on loan from Millwall since January 31.

Trotter has made 16 appearances, six from the bench, since arriving from the Den on transfer deadline day, and his agreement to make a permanent move had been somewhat of an open secret within the club’s walls.

His deal in south London expires in June but the move will be officially ratified once Millwall boss Ian Holloway announces his retained list, expected by the end of this week.

The Ipswich-born ball-winner scored a stunning first goal for the Whites in the 3-1 victory over Sheffield Wednesday at Hillsborough on the penultimate weekend of the season.

But the 24-year-old has struggled to completely win over the Wanderers supporters in his time at the club to date, despite gaining a regular start under Dougie Freedman, pictured below, as the campaign drew to a close.

He was given a mixed reaction by travelling fans in victories over Huddersfield Town and Doncaster Rovers, later described as “a little harsh” by his manager Freedman.

The Scot has made no secret of his admiration for Trotter’s game, however, and said tongue-in-cheek a fortnight ago: “Whoever signs him this summer – it will be a steal!

“He’s adaptable, he can play behind the main striker or that deeper role in front of the back four, and at 24, he’s only going to get better with time.

“I really am pleased he’s settling at the club and if we can get something done in the summer then the fans will see more improvement, I’m sure of that.”

Meanwhile, it has been reported Liam Feeney – the Millwall winger who spent a short spell on loan at Wanderers earlier this season – will sign for Blackburn Rovers.

Source

Oh Jesus..........

Pass me the Valium.......

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Oh Jesus..........

Pass me the Valium.......
 lol!

I'm starting to get very worried now about Dougie's statement last week about signing all our main targets this week.

Why didn't he just say "Look, we've already signed Danns and we'll be getting Trotter next week. There's no money so, unless Boro do us a favour and let us have The Juke for thirty quid and a packet of Spangles, that's yer lot."

Oh well..........

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

cheers welcome back Liam.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Is Duggy showing early onset of dementia?

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:cheers welcome back Liam.

:like:

I'm bookmarking this thread so that next season when he's proved beyond all doubt that he's shit, I can post a link and gloat.

The shit-bearded bastard....

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Inevitable signing. I've already moved on.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I literally just jizzed in my pants at this news...

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

so all the talk of early signings is just Dougies signing Danns which i am pleased about and Trotter who i am definately not pleased about.

He needs a vast improvement to change my mind, i still can't believe he's earned a contract based on his performances.

I think he'd made his mind up he wanted him before he'd kicked a ball for us.

And his mediocre displays since haven't altered that in Dougie's mind.

Stubborn....?

Na, not our Doug.....

The agreement has clearly been in place since January, it's nothing to do with doing a trial since January. Loaning him is just a way of avoiding paying compo but means he was open to offers from other clubs still.

Encouraging that he improved as his times gone on, he'll need to continue that now. Getting fitter in ore season would help.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:i still can't believe he's earned a contract based on his performances.

He hasn't. He's earned a contract on his performances for Millwall in previous seasons.

He's the new Darren Pratley. Awful signing.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyone actually surprised by this? Don't think Dougie's made any secret of it. What's important is who else he brings in and whether or not he can resist bids for Lee and Mavies. We knew Danns and Trotter would be signed. We know he'd like Juke and possibly Mason - and Hutton to a lesser extent. And we know there are one or two coming through and that Tierney and possibly Holden will be back. None of this is a surprise and I think Dougie has been very open about it. But we do need one or two more and hopefully that can happen without having to sell the better players - if so, we should be reasonably competitive next year.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Anyone actually surprised by this? Don't think Dougie's made any secret of it. What's important is who else he brings in and whether or not he can resist bids for Lee and Mavies. We knew Danns and Trotter would be signed. We know he'd like Juke and possibly Mason - and Hutton to a lesser extent. And we know there are one or two coming through and that Tierney and possibly Holden will be back. None of this is a surprise and I think Dougie has been very open about it. But we do need one or two more and hopefully that can happen without having to sell the better players - if so, we should be reasonably competitive next year.

No one is surprised, Dougie is clearly a manager who sees little significance in actual performances. No one, not even the happy clappers, can say Trotter has been anything but average (at best) since he came on loan.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:Loaning him is just a way of avoiding paying compo but means he was open to offers from other clubs still.

Are you sure? I thought compensation for out-of-contract players was only payable on under 24s. Even then, I don't think it's avoidable by loaning him months beforehand, unless the two clubs agree on a potential transfer fee.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If I was going to sign someone from Millwall it would be Feeney - he was excellent in his short stay with us.

Again, it seems if you play well for Dougie he has no interest in you. Play shit and he's all over you.

doffcocker wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Loaning him is just a way of avoiding paying compo but means he was open to offers from other clubs still.

Are you sure? I thought compensation for out-of-contract players was only payable on under 24s. Even then, I don't think it's avoidable by loaning him months beforehand, unless the two clubs agree on a potential transfer fee.

Having looked it up i think you're correct, he's over 23 so no compo.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

i think you're correct.

That hurt didn't it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum