Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Elections - Who are you going to vote for?

+16
BoltonTillIDie
Mr Magoo
Soul Kitchen
Norpig
wanderlust
scottjames30
Hipster_Nebula
Keegan
bwfc71
Tigermin
doffcocker
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
boltonbonce
Sluffy
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Who are you going to vote for?

Elections - Who are you going to vote for? - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Elections - Who are you going to vote for? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% [ 1 ]
Elections - Who are you going to vote for? - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Elections - Who are you going to vote for? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% [ 1 ]
Elections - Who are you going to vote for? - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%Elections - Who are you going to vote for? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 14% [ 4 ]
Elections - Who are you going to vote for? - Page 2 Vote_lcap50%Elections - Who are you going to vote for? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 50% [ 14 ]
Elections - Who are you going to vote for? - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%Elections - Who are you going to vote for? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 14% [ 4 ]
Elections - Who are you going to vote for? - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%Elections - Who are you going to vote for? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 6% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 28

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 12]

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:Labour.

What a surprise.

You utter bellend, why would anyone vote Labour? Ruined the economy and took us to war.

You want that again?

PMT tonight? Get some cocoa down your neck.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:

Shut it. I was supposed to have passionate sex with Mavies but he pulled his groin.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:

Shut it. I was supposed to have passionate sex with Mavies but he pulled his groin.
I bet that's what they all say with you! 

You have a better chance going behind Bargain Booze! Laughing

Last edited by karlypants on Wed May 21 2014, 22:39; edited 1 time in total

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
Breadman wrote:No, in an actual Church Hall or School Toilet.

It's not a mandatory requirement.
Ah I'm with you now.

Never been to a polling station before in my life so not sure what to expect but would have thought that you would have to prove who you are to be able to use the polling card to vote!

Nope.

You can just rock up give any name and address and receive a ballot paper.

So, if you know someone who lives near you who is roughly the same age and isn't voting, provided you put a different jumper on every time you go back, you can theoretically vote loads of times.

The only downside is, if you get caught you go away for a long time....

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
I bet that's what they all say with you! 

You have a better chance going behind Bargain Booze! Laughing

I honestly can't imagine anyone with any sort of standards having sexual intercourse behind the bins of Bargain Booze.

Oooh yes give it to me, mind the puke, oooh yes right there, you just stepped in dog shit, oooh don't stop big boy, I've just been bitten by a rat and need a tetanus shot.

How was it for you?

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Breadman wrote:
karlypants wrote:
Breadman wrote:No, in an actual Church Hall or School Toilet.

It's not a mandatory requirement.
Ah I'm with you now.

Never been to a polling station before in my life so not sure what to expect but would have thought that you would have to prove who you are to be able to use the polling card to vote!

Nope.

You can just rock up give any name and address and receive a ballot paper.

So, if you know someone who lives near you who is roughly the same age and isn't voting, provided you put a different jumper on every time you go back, you can theoretically vote loads of times.

The only downside is, if you get caught you go away for a long time....
I would consider that Hovis only our polling station only takes votes for about 200 people full stop and as its such a small village a change of jumper just wouldnt cut it ?

You need one of these, Tiger:

Elections - Who are you going to vote for? - Page 2 Fake-nose

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I always thought it was a secret ballot,but according to a friend of mine in local government,each ballot paper popped into the box can be traced back to it's signer. So in fact,if they need to,they can find out just who A,B or C voted for and use that knowledge accordingly.

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Breadman wrote:You need one of these, Tiger:

Elections - Who are you going to vote for? - Page 2 Fake-nose
You are a genius,that will fool the yokels for sure ! You work for MI6 obviously you crafty bastard !

boltonbonce wrote:I always thought it was a secret ballot,but according to a friend of mine in local government,each ballot paper popped into the box can be traced back to it's signer. So in fact,if they need to,they can find out just who A,B or C voted for and use that knowledge accordingly.

My old man used to do the Presiding Officer thing when he worked for Chorley Borough Council (anybody could do it and I think he got an extra forty quid and a day away from his desk) and when I was at University doing Politics in the late 80's he told me the same thing.

Back then I always thought he was trying to make me look stupid when I put my hand up and asked about it in a lecture (which I never actually did), but now, I'm less sure.

I used the idea that it might be true at the last General Election when I spoilt my paper and wrote on it "Spoilt in protest against an unpopular sustained incursion into Afghanistan which is killing our troops for fuck all!"

Must ask him about it tomorrow......

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:I always thought it was a secret ballot,but according to a friend of mine in local government,each ballot paper popped into the box can be traced back to it's signer. So in fact,if they need to,they can find out just who A,B or C voted for and use that knowledge accordingly.

Correct Bonce.

This is to prevent fraud.

Very simply your poll card number is recorded against the ballot paper you are issued, so it is possible to marry the two together at a later date to see who voted for who.

The thing though is that the ballot papers go one way and the poll card details go another and it takes a court order to put the two back together.

So any ballot papers not 'recorded' in this way should not be in the ballot box and can be easily identified and ruled out if necessary.

Sluffy - electoral nerd!

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Crafty bastards.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:Labour.

What a surprise.

You utter bellend, why would anyone vote Labour? Ruined the economy and took us to war.

You want that again?

Voting isn't like appointing a football manager, Whittam.

You can't just cast a party aside because they did a shit job x number of years ago, and give somebody new a chance. Realistically speaking, there'll always be just Labour, the Tories and one or two others to choose from and you can't just think that because one of them cocked up in the past, they'll make all the same mistakes again.

Whatever improvements you think the ConDems have made, a massive chunk of the population isn't benefiting from them. There's no doubt about it. A lot of people are worse off than they've ever been.
I'm as tired as a lot of people over political correctness and "equal opportunities" for just about anybody that pitches up on British shores, but UKIP don't quite cut the mustard for me. Half the people voting for them tomorrow won't have the foggiest notion what they're about apart from that they're not on the side of "all these foreigners coming over here and taking our jobs", which I find sad.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

In the locals its one of four parties, when I exclude UKIP.  I was reading their manifesto's yesterday and although the LibDems have aa great manifesto I can't trust them after what they did last time they ran Bolton Council and after what they did in the General Election and team up with The Conservatives.  There is no way I will vote Labour - I'd love to hang Cliff Morris by his balls for what his party has done to the town.  So that basically leaves The Greens, and although some of the polices are OK I could never vote for them, not even as a protest.    Yikes - it is difficult to choose which one - just not UKIP!

In the Europeans - out of the 11 parties to choose from I can discount 5 straight away as they are anti-EU!  Out of the other 6 its about which one has the best opportunity to team up with their European partners and bring about internal change within the EU - because like the majority I m very pro-EU but also know that changes do have to be made to make it better!!  So that is either Tories or Greens - as both have decent records when working n the EU and both do give us a voice to say yes or no within the EU Parliament!!!

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

karlypants wrote:I voted for Robert Kilroy Silk from Veritas one time! Very Happy

Elections - Who are you going to vote for? - Page 2 Kilroy_veritas372

Wasn't Kilroy-Silk also the original party leader for UKIP?  (another reason as to not vote for UKIP!!!)

Sluffy wrote:

Correct Bonce.

This is to prevent fraud.

Very simply your poll card number is recorded against the ballot paper you are issued, so it is possible to marry the two together at a later date to see who voted for who.

The thing though is that the ballot papers go one way and the poll card details go another and it takes a court order to put the two back together.

So any ballot papers not 'recorded' in this way should not be in the ballot box and can be easily identified and ruled out if necessary.

Sluffy - electoral nerd!

Bloody 'eck!

Free democracy.....?

(I'm more pleased about the fact that my old man was actually telling the truth for once, as opposed to him trying to trip me up! Oh how we laughed....!)

Anyway, as I said earlier, the system is open to abuse and now we know the bastards in power know who you voted for.....

I'm off to my shed to think about things.

I'm in charge in there and I set my own agenda and implement my own policies.

With the wife's approval, obviously....

bwfc71 wrote:
karlypants wrote:I voted for Robert Kilroy Silk from Veritas one time! Very Happy

Wasn't Kilroy-Silk also the original party leader for UKIP?  (another reason as to not vote for UKIP!!!)

You're desperate to stop us, aren't you?

We are a growing movement with popular support and it frightens you, doesn't it?

If Nige is good enough for Nat, that'll do for me.

You don't win Preston Business Woman of the Year by being politically naive you know.....

Anyway, his ground-breaking talk show set a new bench-mark for serious discussion in the very important "half nine till ten fifteen in the morning when the blokes are at work and the kids are at school" slot on ITV.

Jeremy Kyle owes him his career.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

You're desperate to stop us, aren't you?

We are a growing movement with popular support and it frightens you, doesn't it?

If Nige is good enough for Nat, that'll do for me.

You don't win Preston Business Woman of the Year by being politically naive you know.....

Anyway, his ground-breaking talk show set a new bench-mark for serious discussion in the very important "half nine till ten fifteen in the morning when the blokes are at work and the kids are at school" slot on ITV.

Jeremy Kyle owes him his career.
Kilroy Silk was always 2nd rate to The Time...The Place which was far superior and presented by a true journalist Mike Scott and the replaced by John Stapleton.

Wink

Bastard!

Although I always loved The Waterboys, so I'll give you that one.

:biggrin:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum