Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lizard Lick Towing

+4
Sluffy
boltonbonce
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Lizard Lick Towing Empty Lizard Lick Towing Sun Jun 01 2014, 19:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is it real?

For those of you who live under a rock or have a life outside of TV, Lizard Lick Towing is the funniest programme on television right now. It follows the exploits of a Repo (American bailiffs) company as they attempt to repo cars that the bank wants back.

Virtually every Repo ends in a fight, and not a footballer-type ponce fight, a real fight with big men kicking the shit out of each other. And then people go to the LLT offices to try and retrieve their car and they're faced with Amy, an ex-wrestler, who twats them again.

But is it real?

2Lizard Lick Towing Empty Re: Lizard Lick Towing Sun Jun 01 2014, 20:00

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is it fuck real.

3Lizard Lick Towing Empty Re: Lizard Lick Towing Sun Jun 01 2014, 20:04

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If it's real I'm a native American.

4Lizard Lick Towing Empty Re: Lizard Lick Towing Sun Jun 01 2014, 20:05

If anyone thinks LLT, Pawn Stars, Storage Wars and, in fact, pretty much anything on Discovery nowadays is real, I have some magic beans they can have cheap..........

5Lizard Lick Towing Empty Re: Lizard Lick Towing Sun Jun 01 2014, 20:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think it's real. The company exists.

6Lizard Lick Towing Empty Re: Lizard Lick Towing Sun Jun 01 2014, 20:35

Do you think Duck Dynasty's real because there are real ducks in it?

7Lizard Lick Towing Empty Re: Lizard Lick Towing Sun Jun 01 2014, 20:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Do you think Duck Dynasty's real because there are real ducks in it?

I have no idea what that is.

8Lizard Lick Towing Empty Re: Lizard Lick Towing Sun Jun 01 2014, 20:57

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

9Lizard Lick Towing Empty Re: Lizard Lick Towing Sun Jun 01 2014, 21:07

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You weirdos.

10Lizard Lick Towing Empty Re: Lizard Lick Towing Sun Jun 01 2014, 21:16

Where do you stand on Made in Chelsea, Nat?

11Lizard Lick Towing Empty Re: Lizard Lick Towing Sun Jun 01 2014, 21:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Where do you stand on Made in Chelsea, Nat?

Utter, utter shite.

TV for bellends.

I bet you love it.

12Lizard Lick Towing Empty Re: Lizard Lick Towing Sun Jun 01 2014, 21:59

Honestly never seen a single episode.

Just thought that with you being a posh bird an' all, it'd be up your alley, so to speak.

I reckon if they ever decide to make Made in Preston, you'd be a shoe-in for a major role.

You and Mark in your matching D&G bathrobes, discussing where you're going on your holidays over breakfast.

I'd watch that.....

13Lizard Lick Towing Empty Re: Lizard Lick Towing Sun Jun 01 2014, 22:03

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd watch it. If only to see which one of 'ems got the hairiest arse.

14Lizard Lick Towing Empty Re: Lizard Lick Towing Sun Jun 01 2014, 22:22

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Breadman wrote:If anyone thinks LLT, Pawn Stars, Storage Wars and, in fact, pretty much anything on Discovery nowadays is real, I have some magic beans they can have cheap..........

Storage Wars is sort of real.

I first discovered the programme when on holiday in California a few years back and soon got hooked on it.  I reasoned that it must be 'set up' in some way because you couldn't possibly 'win' on the lock ups every time but then one of the contestants got sacked and claimed the lock ups were 'rigged' with good stuff BUT the TV compamy fought the claim - on the basis of freedon of speach - and up to now is winning the legal battle!

I'm not quite sure of the subtlety of the defence but I think it goes along the lines of - as no one is losing out financially, it is not a game show, so they can present the show in whatever way the makers want to!

So it is both real - 'reality' TV - and fake - loads of bins are filmed most having nothing in them but the few that do, forms the programmes - at the same time!

I think Lick Lizzard sort of falls under the same sort of real / fake heading too.

15Lizard Lick Towing Empty Re: Lizard Lick Towing Sun Jun 01 2014, 22:41

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I once licked a lizard once for a bet, abit bitter for my liking.

16Lizard Lick Towing Empty Re: Lizard Lick Towing Mon Jun 02 2014, 08:47

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is WWE Wrestling real ?

17Lizard Lick Towing Empty Re: Lizard Lick Towing Mon Jun 02 2014, 08:51

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Of course it's real. It's on telly.

18Lizard Lick Towing Empty Re: Lizard Lick Towing Mon Jun 02 2014, 09:12

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I hate American TV, they have to over dramatise everything to the point were its a complete joke. The narrators always try to make everything exciting.

Also everybody on American documentary's talks like 2pac. The guys on that storage wars are the worst "hey yo dog, whats goin down in da hood today mutha fuckas, gonna get some real sweet shit from the streets today niggaz"

I've been to the US twice and have never met ANYBODY that talks like that in real life...

19Lizard Lick Towing Empty Re: Lizard Lick Towing Mon Jun 02 2014, 10:49

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Everything is scripted these days.

My pet hate is the "tell us what this competition means to you" line.

20Lizard Lick Towing Empty Re: Lizard Lick Towing Mon Jun 02 2014, 11:00

Sluffy wrote:
Breadman wrote:If anyone thinks LLT, Pawn Stars, Storage Wars and, in fact, pretty much anything on Discovery nowadays is real, I have some magic beans they can have cheap..........

Storage Wars is sort of real.

I first discovered the programme when on holiday in California a few years back and soon got hooked on it.  I reasoned that it must be 'set up' in some way because you couldn't possibly 'win' on the lock ups every time but then one of the contestants got sacked and claimed the lock ups were 'rigged' with good stuff BUT the TV compamy fought the claim - on the basis of freedon of speach - and up to now is winning the legal battle!

I'm not quite sure of the subtlety of the defence but I think it goes along the lines of - as no one is losing out financially, it is not a game show, so they can present the show in whatever way the makers want to!

So it is both real - 'reality' TV - and fake - loads of bins are filmed most having nothing in them but the few that do, forms the programmes - at the same time!

I think Lick Lizzard sort of falls under the same sort of real / fake heading too.

I know what you're saying, Sluff, but it still doesn't sit well with me.

When I first got Sky on cable in the early 90's, it was chock full of great programmes which were "proper" documentaries, ie a production team pitch up with some cameras and film what's happening in any given situation, without trying to influence what's going on.

Nowadays, we've got all this "scripted reality" stuff being rammed down our throats and most of it's not worth watching.

For the record, I think Dave Hester's right about Storage Wars.

He got fed up with all the staging and scripting and said he'd had enough and was going to expose the show's producers as fakes who were misleading the public.

They then panicked and fired him on the spot.

The fine he incurred was as a result of the production company successfully arguing that he wasn't wrongfully dismissed, rather than his claims about the show being fake being wrong. 

That bit's never been contested in court (yet) Hester still plans to actively pursue it.

I would have less of a problem with this type of format, if the programmes carried some sort of disclaimer along the lines of "We've set up these situations and what you're about to watch is scripted because it's cheaper to make than a programme where we have to film hundreds of genuine situations, in the hope that something interesting happens in enough of them to get an hour's worth of usable footage."

Look at that awful "Airplane Repo" programme, where supposedly a team of crack repo men rock up and recover planes from people who owe money on them.

Everything's filmed from multiple angles, no flight plans are ever filed and it's obviously faker than Nat's boobs.

But on the face of it, it's all genuine.

TV's dumbing down at an alarming rate (No likey, no lighty!) and it won't be long before the top rated show on Saturday night will be "Celebrity Farts", wherein a panel of ex-reality TV stars will have to guess which fart belongs to which contestant, by asking a series of dietary based questions and having a good sniff.....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum