Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lizard Lick Towing

+4
Sluffy
boltonbonce
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Lizard Lick Towing - Page 2 Empty Re: Lizard Lick Towing Mon Jun 02 2014, 11:37

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Don't want to go to deep on a footy site but I've thought for a very long time now that most TV is for people with either no attention span or no grasp of reality or both.

I've watched TV from when there were only two TV channels and the programmes were and probably still are - indicative of their times.

Of course I've liked loads of different programmes over the years but in recent times it seems to now be full of soaps - how do people get hooked on them? - or X-Factor, Strictly, Britains got Talent, types of shows. When was the last time you actually looked forward to something on TV - other than maybe a sports event or a film?

I know I'm in the vast minority - even in my own home - and I'm not being snobby about TV - I just find the vast bulk of it uninteresting to me which turns into irrititation after a while and that's why I find myself mostly on the internet and view most things I want to watch via iplayer.

22Lizard Lick Towing - Page 2 Empty Re: Lizard Lick Towing Mon Jun 02 2014, 11:53

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:Don't want to go to deep on a footy site but I've thought for a very long time now that most TV is for people with either no attention span or no grasp of reality or both.

I've watched TV from when there were only two TV channels and the programmes were and probably still are - indicative of their times.

Of course I've liked loads of different programmes over the years but in recent times it seems to now be full of soaps - how do people get hooked on them? - or X-Factor, Strictly, Britains got Talent, types of shows.  When was the last time you actually looked forward to something on TV - other than maybe a sports event or a film?

I know I'm in the vast minority - even in my own home - and I'm not being snobby about TV - I just find the vast bulk of it uninteresting to me which turns into irrititation after a while and that's why I find myself mostly on the internet and view most things I want to watch via iplayer.

Sluffy - your right.

I hate reality TV with a passion and more and more of the shit is getting plastered on my TV, i find it very annoying.

I look forward to a lot of BBC dramas if im honest, the best ive seen of late are survivors, From Here to There and the History Boys. I watch most of my TV on demand if im honest and record a rather silly amount of programmes to watch when I feel like it.

Reality TV is banned in our living room and conservatory, Mrs Rebels daughter has a Tivo box in her room so she can watch her American shite and reality TV out of eye/earshot...

23Lizard Lick Towing - Page 2 Empty Re: Lizard Lick Towing Mon Jun 02 2014, 12:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There is a clear formula for producing reality TV and it's a good one - tried and tested with audiences around the world. They sure know how to wring out every bit of emotion and have perfected the reveal and other techniques.
However it's not perfect as the formula has been so overused anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together can see it coming a mile off. 
Some people know what they're going to get but still love it. Personally I think it's time they changed their act, however the reality is that they dropped any of the elements e.g. not having someone pour out their back story about doing it for the crippled baby, or not having the compulsory staged car chase in the repo series the shows would be less popular and therefore not make as much revenue so they won't be changing anything soon.

24Lizard Lick Towing - Page 2 Empty Re: Lizard Lick Towing Mon Jun 02 2014, 14:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Don't want to go to deep on a footy site but I've thought for a very long time now that most TV is for people with either no attention span or no grasp of reality or both.

Says the man with over 50,000 posts on various football forums!

TV is bloody brilliant. I can sit there all night with a pint of warm Ribena and a multipack of Twirls and watch quality show after quality show.

Yesterday I did nothing but watch TV, catching up on 7 days worth. What a day!

The Bill (x5), 24, Bargain Hunt (x5), Rules Of Engagement, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Modern Family, Almost Human, The US Office, Lizard Lick Towing, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Intelligence, Burn Notice, Rake & Believe.

Best day ever.

25Lizard Lick Towing - Page 2 Empty Re: Lizard Lick Towing Mon Jun 02 2014, 14:08

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
I can sit there all night with a pint of warm Ribena and a multipack of Twirls and watch quality show after quality show.

Yesterday I did nothing but watch TV, catching up on 7 days worth. What a day!

The Bill (x5), 24, Bargain Hunt (x5), Rules Of Engagement, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Modern Family, Almost Human, The US Office, Lizard Lick Towing, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Intelligence, Burn Notice, Rake & Believe.

Send me the money, i'll fix you up a diet plan.

26Lizard Lick Towing - Page 2 Empty Re: Lizard Lick Towing Mon Jun 02 2014, 16:03

Natasha Whittam wrote:

TV is bloody brilliant. I can sit there all night with a pint of warm Ribena and a multipack of Twirls and watch quality show after quality show.
Has he dumped you already......?

Poor lamb.

27Lizard Lick Towing - Page 2 Empty Re: Lizard Lick Towing Mon Jun 02 2014, 16:27

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Some of the concepts for programmes around now make Alan Partridge's 'Monkey Tennis' and 'Youth Hostelling With Chris Eubank' seem mundane.

One of my favourites for a title was 'Ghost Hunting With The Happy Mondays.'

28Lizard Lick Towing - Page 2 Empty Re: Lizard Lick Towing Mon Jun 02 2014, 16:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
Has he dumped you already......?

Poor lamb.

He's resting up at his mum's with another groin strain.

29Lizard Lick Towing - Page 2 Empty Re: Lizard Lick Towing Mon Jun 02 2014, 16:40

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Yesterday I did nothing but watch TV, catching up on 7 days worth. What a day!

Best day ever.
Wow. I think I destroyed a billion brain cells just reading that list. That is mind-numbingly sad.

30Lizard Lick Towing - Page 2 Empty Re: Lizard Lick Towing Mon Jun 02 2014, 16:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Wow. I think I destroyed a billion brain cells just reading that list. That is mind-numbingly sad.

I enjoyed myself. How can that be sad?

31Lizard Lick Towing - Page 2 Empty Re: Lizard Lick Towing Mon Jun 02 2014, 17:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

I enjoyed myself. How can that be sad?

Wasn't it a glorious hot sunny summery day in Preston? 

And you watched Bargain Hunt?

Fair enough. Whatever floats your boat....

32Lizard Lick Towing - Page 2 Empty Re: Lizard Lick Towing Mon Jun 02 2014, 17:07

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum