Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Late neet haunts ?

+8
BoltonTillIDie
bwfc71
Sluffy
Reebok Trotter
Soul Kitchen
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
MartinBWFC
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

31Late neet haunts ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Late neet haunts ? Tue Jun 10 2014, 22:55

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:She has aged a bit since that photo Sluffy. This was taken only last week after she left Penwortham Towers to go to work on Shifnal Street. If nothing else, at least the string vest has stood the test of time with the help of some heavy duty industrial black dye..

Late neet haunts ? - Page 3 65wpzr

I actually know the person who took this photo, and I now exactly where it was taken, because I was there when the photo was taken!!!!

The person who took the photo is an ex-work colleague but still good friend and it was taken on the corner of Emmastraat and De Lairessestraat in Amsterdam!

32Late neet haunts ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Late neet haunts ? Tue Jun 10 2014, 22:56

Whittam's gonna rip you a new one over that statement.......

33Late neet haunts ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Late neet haunts ? Tue Jun 10 2014, 23:00

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just got in from the pub and have been met with this! Disgraceful. Mind you,she looks better than some I used to see in Farnworth old vets. Always a good place for ugly birds was that.

34Late neet haunts ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Late neet haunts ? Tue Jun 10 2014, 23:01

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Whittam's gonna rip you a new one over that statement.......

I think you could well be right. Personally I wouldn't have divulged that I was present at such a momentous photo-shoot. At least the punters on Bolton Nuts know what they are getting for their money.

35Late neet haunts ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Late neet haunts ? Tue Jun 10 2014, 23:04

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Where is Magoo tonight? I thought he would be creaming his jeans at the sight of Natasha in the flesh.

36Late neet haunts ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Late neet haunts ? Tue Jun 10 2014, 23:08

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:Where is Magoo tonight? I thought he would be creaming his jeans at the sight of Natasha in the flesh.
He's probably 'copied & pasted' and is busy having some time alone.

37Late neet haunts ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Late neet haunts ? Tue Jun 10 2014, 23:12

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Down time?  Smile 

38Late neet haunts ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Late neet haunts ? Wed Jun 11 2014, 00:10

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Many of the above mentioned. Scamps, Va Va, Bees Knees, Maxwell's Plum, went once to The Empress and to Blighty's a few times. Others not mentioned included The Playmate,which was Maxwell's Plum in one of it's earlier lives, The Nocturne which was underneath the old Palais and there used to be a disco in a place on Chorley St near the junction with Spa road and the old Navada club and it's bugging me that I can't remember it's name.

39Late neet haunts ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Late neet haunts ? Wed Jun 11 2014, 12:07

Anybody ever go to Chuffers in Farnworth?

I've drunk in some proper sess-pits over the years, but that place was a dump too far, even for my low standards.......

And HP's reminded me of another favourite haunt of mine years ago - Hawthornes on Spa Rd.

Brilliant Indie music on a Friday / Saturday night circa 88-93 provided by local muso, DJ, Bolton fan and all round good guy Spam.

Happy days. Very Happy

40Late neet haunts ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Late neet haunts ? Wed Jun 11 2014, 13:16

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:So where were your bird poaching haunts back in the day ? mine were Blightys, Scamps, Maxwells plum, and ahem, Bus inn, some proper slappers them days, which rightly or wrongly I preferred, wheres your memories ?
All of the above at one stage of my life but there were plenty others in and around Bolton in the 70s. I seem to think there was even a club of some sorts above the Trotter pub across the road from where the Queens cinema used to be. Plus there were lots of little venues to see bands. Was a regular at BIT too for a while.
Did you go to BIT the night Vinegar Joe were on? Who'd have thought then that they would split up and Elkie Brooks and Bob Palmer would go on to bigger things?
I was there and remember it well despite being caned. Just thought they were two good singers at the time.
Other memorable gigs included Van der Graaf (who I also saw later in the Castle on Moss Bank Way with Steamhammer, Trapeze and a very unpopular impromptu chant from the Krishnas)  the (original Bolton) Iron Maiden, Mike Absalom (who could forget "Hector", the Romans etc) John Martyn, and a host of others.

Did you go to Moss Bank Park "festival" or Deeply Vale?

41Late neet haunts ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Late neet haunts ? Wed Jun 11 2014, 19:55

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Saw Van Der Graf in 71 at Bees Knees/Copperfields with Supertramp as support act if I remember rightly.
My best night out music wise was Emerson , Lake and Palmer in December 71 on a Friday night at FTH in Manc followed by a BIT late nighter watching Wishbone Ash.
Never went to any of those festivals I'm afraid, I bottled festivals after the Bickershaw mud bath.

42Late neet haunts ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Late neet haunts ? Wed Jun 11 2014, 20:31

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You have good taste SK. Emerson, Lake and Palmer bring back memories. Fanfare for the common man was a classic. Supertramp were another great group from the seventies. This was one of my favourites.

43Late neet haunts ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Late neet haunts ? Wed Jun 11 2014, 20:35

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Loved Wishbone Ash. They're on at the Cambridge rock festival in August. Anyone remember Little Feat?

44Late neet haunts ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Late neet haunts ? Thu Jun 12 2014, 01:16

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Soul Kitchen wrote:Saw Van Der Graf in 71 at Bees Knees/Copperfields with Supertramp as support act if I remember rightly.
My best night out music wise was Emerson , Lake and Palmer in December 71 on a Friday night at FTH in Manc followed by a BIT late nighter watching Wishbone Ash.
Never went to any of those festivals I'm afraid, I bottled festivals after the Bickershaw mud bath.

I too was at that ELP concert at the FTH. Have to say I thought it was brilliant at the time but can't listen to much of their stuff these days.
I think we've had this conversation before but Bickershawe was also enough to put me off festivals for life. My son and son in law keep going on about what a great wheeze it would be for the 3 of us to spend a weekend at Glastonbury but I'm afraid I can't be tempted even after having been given over 30 years to forget that dreadful weekend.

Oh, and the place on Spa Road was Hawthorne's, thanks for putting me out of my misery Breaders.

45Late neet haunts ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Late neet haunts ? Thu Jun 12 2014, 09:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reading the names of all these dives in Bolton - and I think I went to them all apart from "Chuffers" which I haven't heard of - plus the host of small venues around the town and gigs in Manchester and occasionally George's Hall and further afield reminds me of what an animal I was in those days and tells me I need to get out more!

BB: Never seen Little Feat live that I can remember but Dixie Chicken and their early albums especially Time Loves A Hero were part of the soundtrack of the 70s for me and some tracks still get a regular play on my IPod. 

One thing about being a Baby Boomer is that all genres of music were available and tastes were/are very eclectic and diverse. Everything was "mainstream" whereas today there's absolutely no chance of an artist in say the Miles Davis mold getting into the record collections of the majority of under 25s un the US and UK.

46Late neet haunts ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Late neet haunts ? Thu Jun 12 2014, 11:33

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I heard that Pink Floyd played at Rivington Barn one time. Was anyone around for that one?

47Late neet haunts ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Late neet haunts ? Thu Jun 12 2014, 12:38

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Numpty 28723 wrote:I heard that Pink Floyd played at Rivington Barn one time. Was anyone around for that one?
I don't think they played the Barn. We used to have a bit of a festy on the level area where the house stood before the suffragettes burned it down - the bit where you can still find bits of mosaic tile in under the grass. I suspect they played there but I don't remember it although I'd heard the rumour.

48Late neet haunts ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Late neet haunts ? Thu Jun 12 2014, 12:39

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Numpty 28723 wrote:I heard that Pink Floyd played at Rivington Barn one time. Was anyone around for that one?
They played there in 1967 mate.

49Late neet haunts ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Late neet haunts ? Thu Jun 12 2014, 13:04

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

boltonbonce wrote:
They played there in 1967 mate.

And Hendrix did the Odeon 66-67 on the same bill as Dusty.
HP we have had that conversation.
Was never really into Little Feat until one of my mates lent me some stuff of theirs.
There's a lot of stuff I couldn't listen too many years ago which now hits the spot after a few sherberts.
Anybody else the same?

50Late neet haunts ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Late neet haunts ? Thu Jun 12 2014, 14:15

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Late neet haunts ? - Page 3 M640309

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum