Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Astley Bridge "super" mosque

+12
Mr Magoo
Reebok_Rebel
bwfc71
scottjames30
White84
Numpty 28723
Norpig
Soul Kitchen
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
karlypants
doffcocker
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

41Astley Bridge "super" mosque - Page 3 Empty Re: Astley Bridge "super" mosque Fri Jul 04 2014, 14:35

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Perhaps they will turn it into a variety club?

42Astley Bridge "super" mosque - Page 3 Empty Re: Astley Bridge "super" mosque Fri Jul 04 2014, 14:37

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mr Magoo wrote:Doing very well Karl, just put some decking on it, looks lovely.
120 meters of the bloody stuff.

Sounds good! Smile

Just be wary if you have a chiminea that you will use on it, it may scorch the decking so sticking an old flag under is a good idea  :good:

43Astley Bridge "super" mosque - Page 3 Empty Re: Astley Bridge "super" mosque Fri Jul 04 2014, 14:38

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

No shit batman  Laughing

44Astley Bridge "super" mosque - Page 3 Empty Re: Astley Bridge "super" mosque Fri Jul 04 2014, 14:39

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mr Magoo wrote:No shit batman  Laughing
 :biggrin:

45Astley Bridge "super" mosque - Page 3 Empty Re: Astley Bridge "super" mosque Fri Jul 04 2014, 17:58

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

My favourite country to go on holiday is Turkey, where the mosques are a good part of the experience.
If we're being honest, the mosques in this country are an eyesore; they're just not inkeeping. It's an aesthetic issue, not an islamaphobic one.
Can you imagine if they wanted to build a "super mosque" along the front at Bournemouth or Newquay or St Ives? I think the tourism appeal might tumble just a tad.
Obviously it would get the go ahead like it would anywhere else, all in the name of multiculturalism and "peace".

Let's face it, where this mosque is gonna be is already an unmitigated shithole, I've no real issue with it as such. But I was hoping it wouldn't get the thumbs up, just for the novelty of seeing no pussyfooting around the muslim community for once.

46Astley Bridge "super" mosque - Page 3 Empty Re: Astley Bridge "super" mosque Fri Jul 04 2014, 18:00

Reebok Trotter wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Is there a good reason why they shouldn't get planning permission though? They own the land so it would have to be something that could stand up legally?

There is already a super mosque at the bottom of Halliwell Road so why the need to build another one less than a quarter of a mile away?

I'm not an expert - and I'm not advocating building the mosque by any means, more playing devils advocate.

But I can't imagine the fact there's another one in close proximity would be a legal reason to reject planning permission. The mosque would probably find a way of justifying more prayers space with little trouble.

47Astley Bridge "super" mosque - Page 3 Empty Re: Astley Bridge "super" mosque Sat Jul 05 2014, 20:38

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breaking news: An 8 inch cannister has been found in the doorway of a Mosque in Bolton. The congregation are claiming they have never seen anything like it before.

Experts are not ruling out deodorant.

48Astley Bridge "super" mosque - Page 3 Empty Re: Astley Bridge "super" mosque Sun Jul 06 2014, 16:39

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Is there a good reason why they shouldn't get planning permission though? They own the land so it would have to be something that could stand up legally?

There is already a super mosque at the bottom of Halliwell Road so why the need to build another one less than a quarter of a mile away?

I'm not an expert - and I'm not advocating building the mosque by any means, more playing devils advocate.

But I can't imagine the fact there's another one in close proximity would be a legal reason to reject planning permission. The mosque would probably find a way of justifying more prayers space with little trouble.

Exactly, especially as the precedent has already been set with having 2 churches next to each other in many areas of the town/country!!!

Lets not forget that the mosque at the bottom of Halliwell road is one Muslim religion whilst this new mosque being built (which is a replacement for an older smaller mosque)is another Muslim religion!

To say Muslim is one religion is completely wrong (in fact it is a collective of about 30-40 religions) - it would be like saying that all the Christian religions are actually just one religion (when infact there are well over 1500 Christian religions)!

49Astley Bridge "super" mosque - Page 3 Empty Re: Astley Bridge "super" mosque Sun Jul 06 2014, 17:11

bwfc71 wrote:To say Muslim is one religion is completely wrong (in fact it is a collective of about 30-40 religions) - it would be like saying that all the Christian religions are actually just one religion (when infact there are well over 1500 Christian religions)!

Yes, and they're all bollocks...........

50Astley Bridge "super" mosque - Page 3 Empty Re: Astley Bridge "super" mosque Sun Jul 06 2014, 17:17

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:
To say Muslim is one religion is completely wrong (in fact it is a collective of about 30-40 religions) - it would be like saying that all the Christian religions are actually just one religion (when infact there are well over 1500 Christian religions)!

Yes, and they're all bollocks...........

I actually agree with you, but for many people they believe in their religion and receive great comfort in something they want to believe in - thus although I am an atheist (although went to a Catholic school and use religion to my own advantage such as wanting time off work), I allow people to believe.

For me football is my religion and the Macron Stadium (aka New Burnden Park) is my place of worship - although this never brings me comfort but normally heartache and despair!

51Astley Bridge "super" mosque - Page 3 Empty Re: Astley Bridge "super" mosque Sun Jul 06 2014, 17:18

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:
Lets not forget that the mosque at the bottom of Halliwell road is one Muslim religion whilst this new mosque being built (which is a replacement for an older smaller mosque)is another Muslim religion!

All the more reason why we should be concerned. We'll have the Sunny's and the Shites at one another's throats if the situation in Iraq is anything to go by.

52Astley Bridge "super" mosque - Page 3 Empty Re: Astley Bridge "super" mosque Sun Jul 06 2014, 17:52

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I would bury a pig in the footings.

53Astley Bridge "super" mosque - Page 3 Empty Re: Astley Bridge "super" mosque Sun Jul 06 2014, 18:05

MartinBWFC wrote:I would bury a pig in the footings.

I'll PM you those details tomorrow, as the wife's back in work.

54Astley Bridge "super" mosque - Page 3 Empty Re: Astley Bridge "super" mosque Sun Jul 06 2014, 19:59

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:I would bury a pig in the footings.

BotC tells an interesting story along similar lines.

55Astley Bridge "super" mosque - Page 3 Empty Re: Astley Bridge "super" mosque Sun Jul 06 2014, 21:25

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

All the more reason why we should be concerned. We'll have the Sunny's and the Shites at one another's throats if the situation in Iraq is anything to go by.

How easily how people have forgotten what the IRA was doing for well over a century, and even more so in their last 40-50 years of their "campaign" against the protestant sect of the Christianity!!!!

Something of which I was caught up with twice and both times in Manchester!

I hold no grudge but people do tend to forget that the Muslim "troubles" are just the same as the Christian "troubles" and are no  more dangerous than living with the fear of the IRA!!! And, also, lets not forget that 99.9% of all Muslims (no matter which sect) and peaceful human beings who just want to get on with their lives and jobs!

56Astley Bridge "super" mosque - Page 3 Empty Re: Astley Bridge "super" mosque Sun Jul 06 2014, 21:36

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have seen it from both sides. My father was Catholic and my mother was C of E. It will not happen in my lifetime but I can foresee a future in 100 years time where all religion is banned. It really is the only way forward to ensure that mankind can survive.

Anybody that believes in a supreme being, whether it be Jesus Christ, Mohammed or Buddha has got to be living in denial. Religion has been responsible for the most deaths and atrocities over the last two millennia than anything else by far.

57Astley Bridge "super" mosque - Page 3 Empty Re: Astley Bridge "super" mosque Sun Jul 06 2014, 22:57

I just find it incredible in 2014 that to get elected as President of the most powerful / influential country in the world, you still have to pretend that you believe in god.

Things will never improve until that changes......

58Astley Bridge "super" mosque - Page 3 Empty Re: Astley Bridge "super" mosque Mon Jul 07 2014, 01:29

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:I just find it incredible in 2014 that to get elected as President of the most powerful / influential country in the world, you still have to pretend that you believe in god.

Things will never improve until that changes......
Then go fuck up all other countries that believe in god, makes sense shirley.

59Astley Bridge "super" mosque - Page 3 Empty Re: Astley Bridge "super" mosque Mon Jul 07 2014, 18:48

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:I have seen it from both sides. My father was Catholic and my mother was C of E. It will not happen in my lifetime but I can foresee a future in 100 years time where all religion is banned. It really is the only way forward to ensure that mankind can survive.

Anybody that believes in a supreme being, whether it be Jesus Christ, Mohammed or Buddha has got to be living in denial. Religion has been responsible for the most deaths and atrocities over the last two millennia than anything else by far.

Agreed!

Hence why my religion is on the pitch. 

But I do allow people to believe what they want to believe (whether its a good things or not) as everyone believes in something and will actually defend a religion if I believe it is being unjusticed because of a mindless few hundred spoiling their religion of which millions actually believe in and because of what could happen.  They way it is going we could end up with Internment Camps because of a false fear, thus taking up back to the days of The Boer Wars and, unfortunately, World War Two!!!

60Astley Bridge "super" mosque - Page 3 Empty Re: Astley Bridge "super" mosque Mon Jul 07 2014, 19:08

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As far as I am concerned, people can believe whatever they like. If it gives them hope and comfort then I'm all for it. Where I draw the line is all the terrible crimes carried out on humanity in the name of one religion or another.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum