Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Astley Bridge "super" mosque

+12
Mr Magoo
Reebok_Rebel
bwfc71
scottjames30
White84
Numpty 28723
Norpig
Soul Kitchen
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
karlypants
doffcocker
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

61Astley Bridge "super" mosque - Page 4 Empty Re: Astley Bridge "super" mosque Mon Jul 07 2014, 19:51

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Astley Bridge "super" mosque - Page 4 Derwra

62Astley Bridge "super" mosque - Page 4 Empty Re: Astley Bridge "super" mosque Mon Jul 07 2014, 22:27

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:As far as I am concerned, people can believe whatever they like. If it gives them hope and comfort then I'm all for it. Where I draw the line is all the terrible crimes carried out on humanity in the name of one religion or another.

Again, I totally agree with you RT
 Very Happy 

I seem to be more melancholic than ever nowadays!!!!   Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

63Astley Bridge "super" mosque - Page 4 Empty Re: Astley Bridge "super" mosque Tue Jul 08 2014, 10:41

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They were taking pictures at the site this morning.

[img]Astley Bridge "super" mosque - Page 4 2jdqons[/img]

64Astley Bridge "super" mosque - Page 4 Empty Re: Astley Bridge "super" mosque Tue Jul 08 2014, 11:11

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:

Anybody that believes in a supreme being, whether it be Jesus Christ, Mohammed or Buddha has got to be living in denial. Religion has been responsible for the most deaths and atrocities over the last two millennia than anything else by far.
Have to take issue here RT.
There's a difference between religion (man-made) and acceptance of the existence of a higher force.

I don't think there's anything wrong in believing in a Creator e.g. whatever gave the inertia to create something (universe for example) out of nothing.

What created the gases involved in the big bang? The Big Bang is recent history, not the beginning if time is used as a measure.

A creative force undeniably exists (or existed) otherwise there would be nothing.

I just don't happen to think it was an old Caucasian with a white beard or a portly Indian.
More likely to be a force that we don't yet understand - and I imagine there are many.

But what created that force?
Or time and the other dimensions? 

Whittam would probably know.

There's also a difference between war in the name of religion and religion being "responsible" for war. People made religion and people within religions use religion to incite other people to war. It's a people thing and nothing to do with the creative force.

65Astley Bridge "super" mosque - Page 4 Empty Re: Astley Bridge "super" mosque Tue Jul 08 2014, 11:45

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I tend to side fairly and squarely with Darwen and his theory of evolution. All these biblical characters with supreme powers are probably nothing more than latter day David Blaine types of illusionists.

As to how the earth actually formed is a mystery to me, but with advances in modern technology, especially carbon dating, I think we can safely say that Dinosaurs did once roam the Earth and that we did have an ice age.

I am often surprised at how many people are sceptical about the existence of UFO's. I would have thought that the overwhelming evidence is so compellingly in favour of extra terrestrials with technology vastly superior to our own as to make a case against them existing being totally null and void.

66Astley Bridge "super" mosque - Page 4 Empty Re: Astley Bridge "super" mosque Tue Jul 08 2014, 14:34

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

67Astley Bridge "super" mosque - Page 4 Empty Re: Astley Bridge "super" mosque Fri Feb 13 2015, 16:00

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Another mosque to be demolished in Bolton and rebuilt 3.3 metres taller!

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/11791731.Mosque_to_be_demolished_and_rebuilt_3_metres_taller/

68Astley Bridge "super" mosque - Page 4 Empty Re: Astley Bridge "super" mosque Fri Feb 13 2015, 18:32

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Can't they just take the roof off and add some more bricks then put the roof back on?

69Astley Bridge "super" mosque - Page 4 Empty Re: Astley Bridge "super" mosque Fri Feb 13 2015, 19:17

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That's what I was thinking, there is obviously more to this than they are letting on!

70Astley Bridge "super" mosque - Page 4 Empty Re: Astley Bridge "super" mosque Fri Feb 13 2015, 20:06

karlypants wrote:That's what I was thinking, there is obviously more to this than they are letting on!

Like what?

71Astley Bridge "super" mosque - Page 4 Empty Re: Astley Bridge "super" mosque Sat Feb 14 2015, 10:53

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If they build it high enough it could reach paradise, which I assume is in the sky somewhere. After all you can fly there bodily on a winged horse.

72Astley Bridge "super" mosque - Page 4 Empty Re: Astley Bridge "super" mosque Sat Feb 14 2015, 11:19

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:If they build it high enough it could reach paradise, which I assume is in the sky somewhere. After all you can fly there bodily on a winged horse.

More religion bashing from Hipster.

Why would someone from Aberdeen care about he height of a building in Bolton?

73Astley Bridge "super" mosque - Page 4 Empty Re: Astley Bridge "super" mosque Sat Feb 14 2015, 11:20

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't care, just postulating that maybe that is what they're trying to do.

And obviously considering you're a devout Christian we agree on the validity of Islamic claims. So I don't know why you're bothered.

74Astley Bridge "super" mosque - Page 4 Empty Re: Astley Bridge "super" mosque Sat Feb 14 2015, 11:22

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I don't care, just postulating that maybe that is what they're trying to do.

And obviously considering you're a devout Christian we agree on the validity of Islamic claims. So I don't know why you're bothered.

I've never seen any proof to doubt their claims so each to their own I say.

75Astley Bridge "super" mosque - Page 4 Empty Re: Astley Bridge "super" mosque Sat Feb 14 2015, 11:24

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes thats pretty rational behaviour.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum