Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Are Villa Out Of The Running For Relegation Yet?

+6
wanderlust
Sluffy
Reebok Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
largehat
trotter1948
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

trotter1948

trotter1948
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Its might not be over yet for the Villains

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Not yet, but it's very hard to imagine them going down.

IMO the lowest they can finish is 18th, and they need 3-4 more points from these fixtures to be absolutely safe.

Sunderland H
Bolton H
West Brom A
Tottenham H
Norwich A

I'm so confident they will stay up I wanted them to win today to be honest.

trotter1948

trotter1948
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

They were a long way from winning today and the more trouble they are in the better for us.

That gane in hand against them has more importance than ever.

You never know

trotter1948 wrote:They were a long way from winning today and the more trouble they are in the better for us.

That gane in hand against them has more importance than ever.

You never know

Id rather they were safe when we played them rather than fighting a relegation battle, however unlikely it is.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not mathematically but i'd be stunned if they went down.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It could be an interesting game when we play Villa especially if they have lost to Sunderland. The pressure on them will be immense. Big Eck will not want to get relegated two seasons on the trot.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Assuming that Blackburn will join Wolves in being relegated, then in means Bolton, Wigan and QPR ALL have to get more points than Villa (who have a superior Goal Difference of all the teams at the bottom) in order for them to get relegated.

Can't see that happening myself.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

True, but Villa only have 35 points with five games to go. If they lose all five then they could quite conceivably be overtaken. The only team in the bottom five that they have left to play is us. If we beat them it will certainly put the cat among the pigeons.

trotter1948

trotter1948
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Thank you

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No they're not as mentioned weeks ago. Nobody is safe as yet and anything can happen in the final weeks of the season. "Freak" results are the norm.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If Wigan beat Arsenal tonight I will eat my cloth cap with all the trimmings.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:If Wigan beat Arsenal tonight I will eat my cloth cap with all the trimmings.

I took ill after the game and if it wasn't for the paramedic I think I might have croaked. He managed to recover the bulk of the tweed that was trapped in my oesophagus but I have to go and see Dr Patel at MRI tomorrow to have the acrylic lining removed from my pancreas.

When I explained to the medic what I had eaten he kindly suggested that I should stick to pies.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

If we can beat Swansea on Saturday VIlla will be very worried especially if they lose this weekend, but for me they are safe and the 18th spot is between us and QPR now.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

QPR will win their two home games and lose the two away. This will put them 8 pints ahead of us.

Can we get 9 points from 6 games. NO CHANCE.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

QPR won't beat Tottenham

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:QPR won't beat Tottenham

I'd stake my reputation on it.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Lofty_Love wrote:QPR won't beat Tottenham

I'd stake my reputation on it.

Not staking much then Surprised

Anyway, im hoping their woeful semifinal result will give them a point to prove, especially since they weren't actually that bad at Wembley.

I hope..

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:QPR will win their two home games and lose the two away. This will put them 8 pints ahead of us.

Even though we have got 9 from our last 5 games...

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

largehat wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:QPR will win their two home games and lose the two away. This will put them 8 pints ahead of us.

Beating 3 fellow relegation candidates, 2 of whom will go down and we were lucky to beat QPR.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

xmiles wrote:
largehat wrote:

Beating 3 fellow relegation candidates, 2 of whom will go down and we were lucky to beat QPR.

I'm not saying it will be just as easy, but to say we have no chance of 9 points is ridiculous. The fact is you have to play well to win games. We've played well in 4 of the last 5 games. We have a fighting chance.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum