Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Time is tight but Bolton refuse to concede defeat in chase for striker Jutkiewicz

+6
Reebok_Rebel
wanderlust
Hipster_Nebula
Boggersbelief
Reebok Trotter
karlypants
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

But how do we know there are no alternatives who are being lined up? it's not just about finding somebody who's available, for us they have to be on a free transfer, not want ridiculous wages and be half decent. Players like that don't grow on trees, I've got no clue who we'll end up going for.

I've been impressed with the amount of business he's done this summer on absolutely nothing. He's also got rid of all the right players so far.

You're completely right about it ending up an unproven gamble towards the end of the summer, because that's all we can afford to get! It will either be somebody who's going through a poor patch like when Juke/Feeney/Beckford/Danns arrived or a foreigner with a decent record in a questionable division that we'll have to hope can kick on over here.

You don't get proven talent on the cheap, Fulham just paid £11 million for Ross McCormack.

He's got a decent record picking out forward players - Murray, Bolasie, Juke all we can do is hope he manages to do it again.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:it's not just about finding somebody who's available, for us they have to be on a free transfer, not want ridiculous wages and be half decent. Players like that don't grow on trees, I've got no clue who we'll end up going for.

But it isn't your job to know that - Freedman is paid big wages to find these players and has a vast scouting network to help him.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers look to have missed out on top striker target Lukas Jutkiewicz

Reports suggest that Burnley have won the battle to sign long-term Wanderers target Lukas Jutkiewicz from Middlesbrough.

The 25-year-old had a medical at Turf Moor this morning but did not fly out with the rest of the Clarets squad to Austria for their pre-season training camp.

A fee – understood to be £1.5million – was agreed last week but talks over personal terms were delayed while Jutkiewicz contemplated his future.

That delay looked to have opened a window for Wanderers to finally mount their bid. But while fans waited anxiously for news on the man they took to their hearts during a successful loan spell last season, Burnley went about the business of completing the transfer.

Where Dougie Freedman goes next is the question on everyone’s lips.

The Whites boss has just two senior strikers, Jermaine Beckford and Craig Davies, with three weeks remaining before the Championship season kicks-off against Watford.

Freedman hoped that the club would find the cash to bid for target man Jutkiewicz up to the bitter end but must now concentrate on finding another striker as quickly as possible.

Wolves, Derby and Blackburn Rovers all registered an interest in the Boro front man in the last few months.

Source

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

My problem with all of the above is in knowing that Juke/Mason would have been returning to their parent clubs and in the case of Juke, his performances would have raised his price. Instead of securing loanees who, as in the case of Danns and Trotter, were free or not in high demand, secure the most needed slot first. If we were scrambling to find money for Danns or Feeney now, we already had a number of midfielders that would have allowed us to start the season so it wouldn't have been that urgent. The priority never seemed to be to sign Juke although as has been said before, Juke gave us every opportunity to do so. I totally agree with not making your plans and situation obvious, but I would have thought the first loanee to be secured would have been the Juke. Ah well - in Doug we trust, I suppose.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

I'm amazed Burnley have paid that for him, especially with all the options they already have - Ings, Barnes, Vokes, Patterson and now Juke. Completely blown us out the water with a bid like that anyway.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Too early to tell.
It was Dougie that found Juke in the first place so he deserves some credit for spotting what other managers failed to spot.
The lack of money to splash up front (I think Boro would have let him go for considerably less than £2.25 million if Dougie had the readies at the time) meant that Dougie had to wait to try to secure his primary target.
Now Burnley have paid over the odds we'll see what contingency plans were made.

It is pure speculation/wummery to suggest there is no plan B.

Secondary targets may fall through just like the primary target of course but we'll have to be patient to see what's in the pipeline. And of course it will be late in the window given the circumstances, but that's not Dougie's fault.

Patience is required which may be difficult now that vultures are gathering again.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:I'm amazed Burnley have paid that for him, especially with all the options they already have - Ings, Barnes, Vokes, Patterson and now Juke. Completely blown us out the water with a bid like that anyway.

Not to mention Sordell!!

What is it with teams that play in Claret and Blue wanting to sign ex Bolton players? It started with West Ham and now Burnley have Sordell, Matt Taylor and Juke.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

OneFinFreedman wrote:What is it with teams that play in Claret and Blue wanting to sign ex Bolton players? It started with West Ham and now Burnley have Sordell, Matt Taylor and Juke.
Villa have had a few - and even more have come the other way over the years.

Maybe we should be scouring the Scunthorpe squad?

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Officially confirmed the juke has signed for Burnley, hope he rediscovers his Boro form!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum