Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How Bolton Wanderers are revolutionising the use of data analysis in football to win back their Prem

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:Chris,

Serious question now........

If you've had these face to face discussions with the editorial staff on the BN about censorship and people hacking you and the rest of it, do you not think it's a tad disingenuous of you to hide behind fake characters, given that you've complained about people using underhand tactics on there?

To be honest it is a username and not a character.  As the person making the post I me and not an exaggerated version.  What I write is what I know and l believe and all governed by my own principles.  If anything it is one reason why I chose Nigella Farrage as I don't believe in UKIP and hate everything they stand for.  They don't have one sensible policy that wouldn't damage the reputation of the country.  And as for a few of the posters, with some of the comments, like I have told them straight, I don't like them.

I don't hide behind  mask and people know who I am.  But due to various working rights , and the T&C's of the website some things do have to remain tight-lipped such a people giving out where I work etc etc, like what has happened.  As for the person trying to damage my reputation with what they did the other night with the complete racist remarks under my real name, then I will report and take further, if need be!

But I am fair on that site and do sometimes agree with certain posts, even if it from posters I don't like!  Everyone has aa right to an opinion but when it turns racist and becomes more of a hate crime situation then I will say my piece and defend what I ay and most importantly show those posters up for what they really are - inhumane!

But lets not forget that The Bolton News is allowed to censor posts and protect other posters - as per the T&C's.  Some see the comments as a part of freedom of speech - firstly there is no such thing and secondly definitely not on the BN with their T&C's which one has to agree with when registering!

Cheers Chris. That was a very thorough explanation of how you see things.

However, I think I take issue with some of the points raised.

You've already acknowledged that you have used more than one user name on there and I believe you still post using them.

Nigella is your latest creation and she's ruffled some feathers, that's for sure!

But do you not feel that possibly (and I'm just throwing this out there for discussion), you may be losing sight of the real objective, ie serious discussion of important points on a news media outlet, and perhaps you're allowing previous experiences to dictate the things you're saying, for the sake of prompting a reaction?

Is it all about the reaction?

Surely not.........

Being honest now (and in no way at all trying to piss you off), do you not think that some of the stuff you've posted recently might be construed as you just trying to upset people to get a reaction?

Again, I'm genuinely interested.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Nope and Nope

As for TRO and BWFC71 - they are dead accounts no longer used and haven't been used since before the elections in May.

I honestly believe that none of my post have been reactionary or to create a reaction.

My beliefs against UKIP are deep and strong and will show them up no matter what, especially after what I had seen and lived with whilst I was living in Almere under the reign of Geert Wilders party! (although they are actually more centre left than what UKIP are!)

But I also believe anyone who holds a post like a town councillor ought to be careful what they say on social media as it can be taken any old way (even if they do not "-only joking" a the end).  Maybe the way I have written my comments some have taken to assume I am looking for a reaction - but in whole honesty I is correcting a lot of myths that people have and putting my point across!

Funny thing is there are a few people who think I am right-winged in what I comment and  there are others who say I am left winged in what I say.  Thing is I am neither and have beliefs of my own - some which are shared with conservatism and some with labour but importantly all I am bothered about is the truth, facts and success of my home country within the greater ideology of trade, EU and being part of the human race - as that is the only race that matters and not any of the cultural trends that supposedly dictates a persons race.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

For me I am very pro-EU but that doesn't mean that it doesn't need reforming.  It does to make it even better - federalism?  not too sure, to be fair, as it does work in other trade unions such as the North American Trade Unions, and the South East Asia never mind micro federalisms such as the US, Australia and China - good points and bad points.

But with Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland - England is being screwed big style - taking our money so they can have free/cheaper this that and the other whilst we have to pay and yet their MP's can actually say what happens in England, although we are not allowed to have a say what happens in their nations!!!

Yes I do have a strong political interest but would never enter politics as it is a very dirty game.  Saying that, though, everything we do from waking up to working, driving etc etc is aall politically motivated!

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

bwfc71 wrote:Your original 2 pops at me, in the very same post, were very infantile to be honest!  It is not as if we don't know your life story as you do, also, go on about it!!!

As for Megson and Coyle - they did drop the sports science, ifo more basic football training as that is very much common knowledge, and as the report says the company has been the for 9 years, then it hasn't done much good, so far!!!  Very revolutionary! 

The Times Rich List, don't you mean 442 or some other football magazine, which you mentioned at the time.  This is the first time that you mentioned the Times Rich List.  Lets not also forget that Eddie is also rumoured to be one of the main directors of Moonshift Investment which have ploughed the majority of the what we owe into the club and the majority of that would be on revolving facilities which is very common business practice!!!  Also with regards to the Moonshift Invesment we do have a 10 year notice clause, as common knowledge, so it is not as if they can cancel the loan straight off - we have 10 years of repayments from the moment they say!

As for the jibe about my employment status (yes another jibe!!!!)  lets see - I was employed, more than half the office was laid off and we all got a decent pay-off and that was in the deepest part of the recession where there was no work but I lasted.  I then moved back to the UK and took a temporary position (my choice) which lasted 6 months longer than what it did - in fact my contract was extended THREE times!!!  And yes I was unemployed for 2.5 months  (and 3 weeks of that was because of the security and financial searches that had to be undertaken - which is common place in the financial sector) as I was looking for a specific type of job rather than just any job.  I am now employed again doing what I wanted to do and doing well - so your assumption is just making yourself look rather silly!

All you had to do was read the article!

Times Rich List

Sluffy wrote:I know nothing personally about Davies private wealth - why should I - but according to The Times, in their Rich List, his wealth came solely from him selling his Kettle business for which he received £93 million.

The following year when the recession hit, they estimated that his wealth had gone down to £61 million.

The figures I've seen for him since have dropped even more!

Four Four Two’s estimated his personal wealth for the 2011/12 season as it as just £40 million!

How then can he have sufficient assets to cover a £125 million debt if things do go tits up?

Doesn't add up to me.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Your Employment Status.

No one would know anything at all about it at all if you had seen fit to tell everyone numerous times.

And may I add that I've adviced you numerous times also NOT to give out personal information about yourself.

But still you do.

I wonder why.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have a question Chris/Sluffy/anyone else...

Has anyone seen a recent balance sheet for the club? If so, is it in the public domain and if it is can someone stick it on BN so we can see the asset value v the debt?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Yes and No, Lusty.

I've not seen one but others have and it is in the public domain but it is not free (but very cheap).

Anyone can view the accounts here -

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not recent but Released december 2013

"The net book value of the playing squad stood at £1.7 million as of 30th June 2013."

How the fuck do they come to that valuation?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That makes very interesting reading especially ED agreeing to convert the loan of £155 million to long term (2 to 10 years) and accept 0% interest - BL paid just under £7million in interest 2013/14!

Noticed PG and Warby have significant shares in the business, and that wages dropped by £18 million in the year to end June 2013.

Looks like it's all manageable for now but the club really will have to start turning a profit soon - although that will be difficult in the short term.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum