Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"I thought it was a great advertisement for the Championship....

+7
Natasha Whittam
Tigermin
Hipster_Nebula
gloswhite
bryan458
okocha
doffcocker
11 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

....with lots of goals and stuff!"

Said Dougie after today's game.

(And that was his opening gambit which he seemed desperate to shoe-horn in to the interview at the earliest convenience.)

Am I being cynical when I think he may be trying to keep "the industry" sweet for when he inevitably gets binned and needs a new job?

Can't blame him for keeping his options open I suppose, but it would suggest that he knows the clock is already ticking.....

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

For the last year, Freedman may as well have kept his post match interviews to a simple "please don't sack me!"

It doesn't matter if the the opposition creates 25 sitters, he'll cling onto the one or two half/quarter chances we created, and tell us we were unlucky not to win the game.

I believe he's taken a lot of stick on the Bury boards for saying we deserved to beat them. I'm with the Bury fans on this.

Come on, Doff......

We lulled our opponents (who play in a division two down from us, incidentally) into a false sense of security by pretending to be shit and then executed Doug's Master Plan to demolish 'em in extra time after we'd secured a (previously planned) penalty in the 95th minute perfectly!

He knows his shit.

And them Bury wankers are just bitter that he's not managing them.

He's not a crap manager, you know......Gartside would never employ one of them.

Look at his track record............

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Even better was Dougie's comment in interview about ".....two attacking teams......" after yesterday's game. He seems to think that if he says these things often enough, people will believe him. Or is he just trying to convince himself?.......

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I was thinking that there was a small improvement going forward from last season, but Dougie rectified that at half time, all the second half it felt like we were the away team!!!!

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

okocha wrote:Even better was Dougie's comment in interview about ".....two attacking teams......" after yesterday's game. He seems to think that if he says these things often enough, people will believe him. Or is he just trying to convince himself?.......

Unfortunately, I think he actually believes what he's saying, which doesn't bode well for our future.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Welcome to do it, still don't understand why people get so bent out of shape about after match interviews.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Welcome to do it, still don't understand why people get so bent out of shape about after match interviews.

HN, surely its crossed your mind that its a window into Dougie's thinking, and possible/probable ways he intends to pursue his tactics and player choices ?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Welcome to do it, still don't understand why people get so bent out of shape about after match interviews.

HN, surely its crossed your mind that its a window into Dougie's thinking, and possible/probable ways he intends to pursue his tactics and player choices ?

Not really, I see them as glorified PR exercises to be honest, managers just toe the party line, big up the opponents, praise their teams spirit, or suggest we'll "get it right next week."

absolutely all the mangers do it, baring the odd public meltdown of course.

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Just listened to the little prick on FLS jesus I could have kicked the telly in,he is effing delusional. Was he watching the same effing game as the rest of us ffs !!

Ye can't believe he said a draw was a fair result. Madness!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Not really, I see them as glorified PR exercises to be honest, managers just toe the party line, big up the opponents, praise their teams spirit, or suggest we'll "get it right next week."

There are plenty of managers prepared to tell it as it is but I agree many just spout from the same script regardless of result.

Only in football is it acceptable to lie to your customers.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

There are plenty of managers prepared to tell it as it is but I agree many just spout from the same script regardless of result.

Only in football is it acceptable to lie to your customers.
You see that's exactly what I'm saying about PR messaging in a live media environment.
Chances of a personal insight?
Zero.
Decide on your 3 key messages. Deliver them. Always come back to them. Never stray from them.

What the ****'s that got to do with football?

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sadly the post match interviews are pretty much worthless imo. Most of the time they're full of polite platitudes and no substance because in this day and age the managers are too afraid of offending anyone such as the sponsors to actually say anything meaningful. Like pre-match press conferences they're a necessary evil especially in the Sky age but I would hope DF is at least smart enough not to believe in what he said too much. He doesn't strike me as actually stupid, just stubborn so I doubt he does really think he gave a truly accurate summation of the match but whether or not he'll do something about it is another question.

Vendor

Vendor
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Dougie talks shite, just like Coyle used to. I find what he says is borderline comprehenable at best. He should really go and take his face for a shit. Sick of listening to his nonsense and mindless comments about how well prepared we are etc..

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

TBH I don't think Dougie speaks any more bollocks than most other managers, especially after losses. The only ones that give an honest assessment are those speaking from relative security i.e Fergie, Wenger and Mourinho or those that know they are in the last chance saloon and have nothing to lose, the rest of the time all you get is platitudes and management psychobabble.

Because giving statements to the press and media is almost a daily occurrence the content becomes routine and meaningless, there is only so much you can say so the same statements are made ad in infinitum.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum