Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Great

+10
Bernard Dennis Park
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
largehat
aaron_bwfc
gloswhite
Hipster_Nebula
Lyric Todkill
Sluffy
doffcocker
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Great Empty Great Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:09 pm

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I know I annoy you all with my never-ending Kevin Davies bitterness and it comes across that I'm incapable of crediting him where credit's due but I don't care.

In all honesty, Davies wasn't bad today. He was terrible. Easy goals aside, his overall play was poor. He provided little competition aerially, his passing was careless and he didn't press the opposition, which could be just as well as we saw what can happen when he does, for the second Sunderland goal.

I know this is hard to take for you now after him having just got on the scoresheet twice, but you could easily be agreeing with me in three weeks time when he's still in the team on the back of this, and not just not scoring goals, but offering nothing else at all.

We need to put this down as a lucky day for Kevin, and show faith in younger players.

Or would you stick with KD for the Spurs match, or even for all of the remaining three games?

2Great Empty Re: Great Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:10 pm

He scored twice, you really are coming across as a bit of a WUM now.

3Great Empty Re: Great Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:17 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

At the end of the day it is Coyle that picks Davies to play - not Davies himself.

If you don't like Davies being in the team then blame the manager and not the player - who I'm sure (two goals today) is doing his best at nearly 35 years old!

4Great Empty Re: Great Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:21 pm

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

doffcocker wrote:I know I annoy you all with my never-ending Kevin Davies bitterness and it comes across that I'm incapable of crediting him where credit's due but I don't care.

In all honesty, Davies wasn't bad today. He was terrible. Easy goals aside, his overall play was poor. He provided little competition aerially, his passing was careless and he didn't press the opposition, which could be just as well as we saw what can happen when he does, for the second Sunderland goal.

I know this is hard to take for you now after him having just got on the scoresheet twice, but you could easily be agreeing with me in three weeks time when he's still in the team on the back of this, and not just not scoring goals, but offering nothing else at all.

We need to put this down as a lucky day for Kevin, and show faith in younger players.

Or would you stick with KD for the Spurs match, or even for all of the remaining three games?

Utter garbage

5Great Empty Re: Great Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:59 pm

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He played well today, very well.

Yep, it's annoying when you see him dawdle with the ball at his feet or struggle to catch a ball 4 yards infront of him, but you cannot deny his flick ons and hold up play is vital.

used in the right way, he could keep us up.

6Great Empty Re: Great Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:02 pm

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It would have been criminal if he hadn't got two baring in mind the space he had for both.
It's like Berbatov getting two against Blackburn and being dragged out of the side the following week hardly to be seen again. He scored goals but cost them too, through stupidity at the back and dysfunctional play up front.

7Great Empty Re: Great Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:06 pm

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The first one was a cracking finish, hardly a tap in, the second was a controlled header.

I'll agree his poor tackling cost us the second goal but other than that your nit picking because you have a vendetta against Davies.

8Great Empty Re: Great Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:18 pm

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

He changed the game against Villa, scored two goals today, what more do you wanty from him?

9Great Empty Re: Great Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:01 pm

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I haven't seen any of the game except the goals so I don't have much to base SKD performance on but he got 2 goals and held the ball up well by all accounts on the radio.

His first goal was very well taken IMO and a good header for his 2nd, you can't ask much more from a striker to be honest.

Can't complain with that contribution.

10Great Empty Re: Great Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:20 am

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

He started and finished the move for the first goal today, and scored the second.

I've been savagely critical of Davies for most of the season. I was sat with Tony Kelly for the second half of today's match, and I simply asked where Davies has found this form from.

There's simply no denying Davies is in form at the moment. I accept that for whatever reason doffcocker doesn't rate Davies, fair enough.

It's interesting that doffcocker offers no alternative to Davies whatsoever in his post, has seemingly missed the point that Davies is in good form, and therefore comes across as a fan with an agenda.

11Great Empty Re: Great Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:15 am

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

How can you say he is in undeniably good form? His goals yesterday were his first in five matches. You make it sound like he's banging then in left, right and centre and is therefore above criticism. Even if he was, he's still a liability in other departments. I'm amazed that people think he holds the ball up well. The only game of late where I thought this was the case was against Newcastle. It's only my opinion ('they make the world go round', Brian Clough) but if you don't like it, feel free to put it all down to a vendetta.

P.S. I mentioned in another thread that I was satisfied with the team that started against Villa and that the victory was more despite the Davies change than because of it. This is the team that should be starting matches at present.

12Great Empty Re: Great Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:43 am

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Doffcocker you bellend, are you saying Ngog has done better than Davies in recent games?

Ngog is useless, was bought to score goals, and again missed a sitter just after half-time that would have put us 2-1 up.

Our upturn in form is partly down to Kevin Davies, we looked best later in the game when Davies & Klasnic were on the pitch.

13Great Empty Re: Great Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:08 am

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:I was sat with Tony Kelly for the second half of today's match

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

14Great Empty Re: Great Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:49 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If he plays as well as he has been doing and we survive I have no problem with that.

15Great Empty Re: Great Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:30 am

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

What a strange thread to start just after Kevin Davies has played well and scored 2 goals. It was probably the best performance any of our strikers have produced this season. Hopefully he plays like that for the next three games. Kevin Davies playing well = our best chance of staying up.

16Great Empty Re: Great Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:06 pm

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

this must be a sick joke..

he won almost every ball..

he scored twice..

he also set up N'gogs chance..

MOTM

17Great Empty Re: Great Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:45 pm

Bolton Nuts

Admin

No. No joke. I see exactly where you are coming from. Buy Doffcocker a pint!

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

18Great Empty Re: Great Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:49 pm

He did win every ball in the air but last 20 minutes every flick on went out for a goal kick.

BUT

I would play him against Spurs, just like I would play him against West Ham. He always scores against them.

19Great Empty Re: Great Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:07 pm

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
largehat wrote:I was sat with Tony Kelly for the second half of today's match

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I really did. He came and plonked himself down next to my brother. When Sunderland got a free kick near the byline late in the second half, someone nearby said "here we go with Bogdan from free kicks again", I said, "he's not going to shoot from there", and Zico said, "I'd have shot from there" and laughed.

I was a bit surprised when at the final whistle he asked me to tell him who we have got after the Spurs game, but hey, he might have just forgotten.

20Great Empty Re: Great Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:15 am

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

That would have been a better post with a smoke-filled room and/or a jacuzzi.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum