Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Great

+10
Bernard Dennis Park
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
largehat
aaron_bwfc
gloswhite
Hipster_Nebula
Lyric Todkill
Sluffy
doffcocker
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41Great - Page 3 Empty Re: Great Mon Apr 30 2012, 23:15

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

All the match reports I have read about Saturday's game suggested Kevin Davies was our man of the match.

He also scored two goals. Never mind people watching Match of the Day or satellite feeds, I saw the game with my own two eyes, and he had a great game.

He has a fantastic record against Tottenham, who we are playing next. He also scored against Tottenham when he came on against them in the cup a few weeks ago.

Jayjay, are you also saying you would drop him for tomorrow's game? This isn't a selection dilemma, it's a no-brainer. He HAS to play.

42Great - Page 3 Empty Re: Great Tue May 01 2012, 00:25

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

largehat wrote:I saw the game with my own two eyes, and he had a great game.

Why didn't you say? I watched it with just the one and a half eyes. You win!

43Great - Page 3 Empty Re: Great Tue May 01 2012, 01:15

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

doffcocker wrote:
largehat wrote:I saw the game with my own two eyes, and he had a great game.

Why didn't you say? I watched it with just the one and a half eyes. You win!

Very good. You should seriously consider a career in comedy with quality and original one-liners like that in your repertoire.

44Great - Page 3 Empty Re: Great Tue May 01 2012, 14:33

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

largehat wrote:All the match reports I have read about Saturday's game suggested Kevin Davies was our man of the match.

He also scored two goals. Never mind people watching Match of the Day or satellite feeds, I saw the game with my own two eyes, and he had a great game.

He has a fantastic record against Tottenham, who we are playing next. He also scored against Tottenham when he came on against them in the cup a few weeks ago.

Jayjay, are you also saying you would drop him for tomorrow's game? This isn't a selection dilemma, it's a no-brainer. He HAS to play.

I said I would be tempted to start him. I can see some potential use for him. The danger is that he will be able to live off his good two games for the next three, even if he is pi55 poor. And we could, regrettably, see him as our number one man for the start of next season - that would be a huge mistake - two good games doesn't make a player.

Oh and when I say "good games" - again I am being kindly. Yes he played well for him. He did ok in my eyes, the two goals though made it a worthwhile/creditable performance and made his other errors negligible. However, we know the scoring form is not likely to continue so we have to look at the bigger picture.

Just to add to that too, Doffcocker has a real point about the time and space he was afforded at a number of times during the game. He controlled the ball badly or took an extra touch which should have meant he lost the ball but he "got away with" but won't get away with it against other teams.

See if I am eating my words after he gets three more games. (Or after he has started the first dozen games next season and is playing bobbins)

45Great - Page 3 Empty Re: Great Tue May 01 2012, 14:39

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

JayJay you've been on Davies even when he was in his prime.

The Davies detractors always say "well just wait, he'll have a bad game soon"

Course he will, it's Kevin Davies. If he was a faultless superstar he'd be at City or United. Bolton are a team full of players who are wildly inconsistent, with limited talent or very particular skills.

Davies skills are winning flick ons, bullying defenders, cleverly winning free kicks and allowing the midfield to push up... thats IT.

He isn't in the team to dribble past 3 or 4 or make a blistering run down the line but they are always the things people get on at him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum