Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dougie Freedman is not feeling the pressure despite Brighton defeat

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Defiant Dougie Freedman has played down the pressure placed on his own position after Wanderers’ poor start.

Saturday’s 2-1 defeat at Brighton leaves the Whites third bottom with a meagre haul of just one point from their first four outings.

Freedman watched his side lose a winning position for the third consecutive Championship game in a row.

And finding himself answering to an increasingly frustrated set of supporters, many of whom are now calling for a change in management, the Scot insisted he was the right man to turn things round.

“I don’t worry at all,” he said. “I know what I have to do.

“I have been in this position a few times in the last five years as a young manager. I started in the bottom three, so I’m fine with the pressure.

“I understand the fans’ frustration – I share it – but as players and staff we are working very hard right now. And we are missing certain components of the game.”

Wanderers had to wait 10 games for their first win last season, which amounted to their worst start in more than a century.

They are a point behind even that total at present, however, but Freedman believes his side are stronger than they were 12 months ago.

“I’m not that concerned because it’s only a start,” he said.

“We are playing a lot, lot better than we were last year but I accept that we’ve got to get some points on the board.

“I understand where we are and what we need to do. I understand that to ask for patience is very difficult for people to take.

“But you’ve just seen that when you are down this game can be very difficult. It can be frustrating.

“It’s just that little bit of quality we need, a little bit better decision making on the ball or near the goal.”

Many disgruntled fans contacted The Bolton News through social media and email over the weekend to demand changes at the top.

The indications are, however, that the club will continue to stand by the Scot they brought in from Crystal Palace nearly two years ago.

He has an immediate chance to get a win on the board against Crewe in the Capital One Cup tomorrow night but knows that progress in the league is how he will ultimately be judged.

“It is a results business and there’s no problem with that at all,” he said.

“As the manager I need to make sure these players understand their responsibilities – and that’s to get themselves and the club up towards the top of the league.

“I honestly think I’ve got the nucleus of a good group in there, it just needs to hang on better at certain times.”

Source

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I find it a bit strange why the BEN have allowed comments on this topic, it's rare they open stories like this for comment.

Doesn't make for good reading.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:I find it a bit strange why the BEN have allowed comments on this topic, it's rare they open stories like this for comment.

Doesn't make for good reading.

Totally agree - very unusual to have the manager's tenure debated.

Interesting comments as well - especially from someone who reads from the script like Dougie. Perhaps something is afoot - sounds a bit like this week and the Leeds game in particular - are being set up as a watershed moment.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

As bad as the money situation is at the moment, something has to give with the way the results are going at the moment.

Not many football clubs stick with their manager after the 2 starts we have had in the last couple of seasons.

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Since the start of the season, two weeks ago, the chairman Phil Gartside, has received (I won't say earned) over £35,000 from BWFC.
But this will not be welcome news to Phil, as his expects it, he get's this cash loaded into his bank account every week, 52 weeks a year.

If anyone thinks that being chairman is a full time job, well I'm sorry to inform you that the board meets about once a month for a two or three hour meeting (usually on match days) and that's it.
Mr. Gartside is on the board of two or three other companies but his full time job is as an accountant.

The money this man is taking from the club is obsene. He has no interest in the club or the loyal supporters. He is there to take what money he can get (the board decide how much to pay themselves and how much bonus they get).

The time is long over-due to demonstate for the removal of this leach on the club.

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Nice to know Dougie's not too concerned about the way things are going. Fucking utter twat.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum