Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds

+26
observer
bryan458
doffcocker
rammywhite
Barryjw
MartinBWFC
BoltonTillIDie
Numpty 28723
Soul Kitchen
boltonbonce
Boggersbelief
aaron_bwfc
Reebok Trotter
Jack Russell
NickFazer
Mr Magoo
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
Norpig
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
White84
luckyPeterpiper
terenceanne
scottjames30
Bolton Nuts
30 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Empty BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Sun Aug 31 2014, 00:42

Bolton Nuts

Admin

After the International break Bolton's next league game is a home tie with Sheffield Wednesday. If Bolton fail to win it could spell the end of Freedman's reign as boss (if he isn't gone already by then).

Another loss would mean Bolton would have just a single point from a possible 18. Can any manager survive that?

If we continue to average 1 point every 5 games we will finish bottom of the league on 9 points at the end of the season. However, if we continue to play like we did against Leeds, we will be in no such danger.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

2BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Sun Aug 31 2014, 00:46

Biggie wrote:. However, if we continue to play like we did against Leeds, we will be in no such danger.

How can not scoring any goals mean we won't "be in any such danger"......?

3BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Sun Aug 31 2014, 06:32

I think he meant we will be in "no danger" of finishing the season with only 9 points and I'm tempted to agree.

4BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Sun Aug 31 2014, 07:28

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think he means if we play like we did against Leeds we'll lose 4-0, Leeds are shit, Sheffield Wed can beat Middlesbrough and will beat us .

5BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Sun Aug 31 2014, 14:29

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

2-2 If we are lucky.

6BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Sun Aug 31 2014, 16:50

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We'll get buried. 3-0 maybe more.

7BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Sun Aug 31 2014, 16:58

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Freedman will blame the loss on the international break.

8BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Sun Aug 31 2014, 17:10

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It was a typical Championship match,I felt it was all about taking our chances we didn't they did,we have to stop making errors at the back,on another day blah blah blah.

Dougie Freedman on our 4-1 home defeat to Sheffield W.

Reporters say where was Mark Davies today" DF replies" well he has had a serious long term injury someone stood on his toe,normally fixed in about 4 weeks,however we want to ease him back in slowly and we have him pencilled in for the New Year"

What an arsehole hope he goes tommorow .

9BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Sun Aug 31 2014, 17:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

After another defeat Dougie will declare we're soooooo close to turning the corner.

10BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Sun Aug 31 2014, 17:20

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think the appropriate song for the team to run out to would be Boyz 2 Men.

NOW WE'VE COME TO THE END OF THE ROAD!
Or maybe a less subtle Fuck off Freedman!

11BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Sun Aug 31 2014, 19:05

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A draw at the most, can't see that we will ever win a game this season with that useless tosser in charge.

It will be a very lucky point, 1-1.

12BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Sun Aug 31 2014, 19:16

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

this is all building nicely now to a Megson against Hull moment, i can feel it in my water! If we fail to win any of our next few games he must be out by then surely?

13BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Sun Aug 31 2014, 19:30

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

This is last season revisited.Its like going to a Party at 7pm n it ends at 8-30pm,seasons over before it's started this fool as brought in poor players to replace what were below average ones anyhow.
£10-000 a week for abject failure.
This is a serious serious time we are in the bottom 3, Blackpool only have about 15 players on their books.Its a disgrace.
Not because we are losing his whole ethos of how a side should play.
Leeds were probably the worse side we have faced this season and we still lost.

This man needs a P 45 on his desk or look forward to trips to Fleetwood if they don't go up.

That's fact that's Reality,Relegation to Leauge 1.If he stays I might ask for a refund.Like a dickhead I paid upfront.At least DD can be cancelled.

14BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Mon Sep 01 2014, 09:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Would the posters who keep saying Dougie is getting sacked yesterday/today/tomorrow/Thursday at least try to show a bit of consistency by not claiming he will mastermind our loss to Sheff W? 

Whether or not he survives to lead us into this match it will be crunch time. Sheff W have a decent team this year and they know how to win.
Dougie is on dog's leg so there is no room for error.
Our players are at rock-bottom and will need to do something whoever is in charge. 

Personally, I think if Dougie stays, the performance will improve but I'm not sure about the result. It's possibly do or die for Dougie now - although he's been here before and turned it around - maybe too much to ask this time with the current squad?

15BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Tue Sep 02 2014, 14:12

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It's all self inflicted by Doog himself.......  Just in respect of the Leeds game....if he would have had us set up to attack in the first half the same as the second half we would have won that with aplomb.  However he didn't .... Further he waiting too long to get the subs on as per usual. A nice win would have relieved a lot of the tension at the club and made the fans a little bit happier.
Unfortunatey the rare appearance of Big Eddie at that game might make him think that things are turning around...in that we played well in the second half and would be considered unlucky. He may feel that there is no need for a change yet.

16BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Tue Sep 02 2014, 16:06

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You can always be more positive, even Kevin Keegan could have been.

problem is "doog" can't legislate for Joe Mason missing 3 sitters and Beckford heading a 2 yard header into the keepers arms. So to say we "would have" done anything is fanciful at best, we "would have" lost by more maybe or the stadium might have exploded. 

His main problem is, sounds to me, he's not been able to instill the very basics of passing or defensive organisation into the team for any sustained period whatever the "set up" and a combination of, or mastery of one or the other is usually how teams succeed.

17BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Tue Sep 02 2014, 16:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Would you sack him Hipster?

18BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Tue Sep 02 2014, 16:47

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:His main problem is, sounds to me, he's not been able to instill the very basics of passing or defensive organisation into the team for any sustained period whatever the "set up" and a combination of, or mastery of one or the other is usually how teams succeed.

I think that the defensive organisation has improved a lot in the last couple of games and they've done OK apart from silly mistakes like Wheater's handball and the odd cockup/
The issue for me is whether or not these players actually have the capacity and capability to raise their game.

Because they are going to have to.

19BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Tue Sep 02 2014, 18:14

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Would you sack him Hipster?

I don't think he's 100% to blame like everyone else seems too tbh, but this is football so he will take the fall, If he can't "kick start" this season over the next 3-4 games sadly it might be time for a change.

I don't think it'll make much difference though.

20BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Tue Sep 02 2014, 18:26

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Would you sack him Hipster?

I don't think he's 100% to blame like everyone else seems too tbh, but this is football so he will take the fall, If he can't "kick start" this season over the next 3-4 games sadly it might be time for a change.

I don't think it'll make much difference though.

Pretty much exactly how I feel about it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum