Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Did You Boo Beckford When He Came On?

+12
finlaymcdanger
NickFazer
Hipster_Nebula
luckyPeterpiper
Natasha Whittam
Soul Kitchen
Bolton Nuts
BoltonTillIDie
Tigermin
aaron_bwfc
Banks of the Croal
scottjames30
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Did you Boo?

Did You Boo Beckford When He Came On? - Page 2 Vote_lcap22%Did You Boo Beckford When He Came On? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 22% [ 2 ]
Did You Boo Beckford When He Came On? - Page 2 Vote_lcap78%Did You Boo Beckford When He Came On? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 78% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 9

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Don't boo. 

Because I've left school.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

NickFazer wrote:Don't boo. 

Because I've left school.

Listen to Mr Mature.

Booing is the only way to let these twats know what we think of them. Bellends on here who say booing achieves nothing, please tell me what not booing achieves.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think it's fairly well established an intimidating atmosphere, (for the opponents) effects games, effects players, referees, all sorts.

so surely the opposite is true. What good can come from actively intimidating our own players, wouldn't it galvanise the opposition, shrink confidence or grow an antipathy. I don't care what you say but players who are constantly boo'd by their own fans don't "try harder" I simply don't believe it.

none of it's an exact science but I think personally booing is best reserved for the ends of games or HT.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote: I don't care what you say but players who are constantly boo'd by their own fans don't "try harder" I simply don't believe it.

Then doesn't that tell you the sort of spineless characters they are?

If someone says you're shite at your job do you fold your arms and go through the motions, or vow to make them eat their words.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I think it's fairly well established an intimidating atmosphere, (for the opponents) effects games, effects players, referees, all sorts.

so surely the opposite is true. What good can come from actively intimidating our own players, wouldn't it galvanise the opposition, shrink confidence or grow an antipathy. I don't care what you say but players who are constantly boo'd by their own fans don't "try harder" I simply don't believe it.
Correct only bellends boo their own team!

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote: I don't care what you say but players who are constantly boo'd by their own fans don't "try harder" I simply don't believe it.

Then doesn't that tell you the sort of spineless characters they are?

If someone says you're shite at your job do you fold your arms and go through the motions, or vow to make them eat their words.

It really depends on the manner in which it's said quite honestly, maybe I'm spineless but if someone respectfully asks me to improve I do.

If someone said to me "you're shite at your job" (and to really compare it, this would have to be before I've walked in the door) no I wouldn't make them eat their words I'd be questioning their motivational skills and if it happened again I'd be going up the chain.

you can't compare "work" and football but there is no environment in which abuse leads to motivation. (IMO)

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:there is no environment in which abuse leads to motivation. (IMO)

The staff of Whittam International plc would beg to differ.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm sure the players are as baffled as us about the team selections, systems they're supposed to play, being played out of position, dropped after man of the match performances, selected for being shit etc. This, coupled with the fact that they're footballers and therefore most probably thick as fuck, won't result in the change of fortune we're desperately in need of.

I hate changing manager every 5 minutes but surely a change for change sake can't be any worse than it is now.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i didn't boo him and i thought it was ridiculous, Boo after the game, it didn't help Beckford or the team

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:i didn't boo him and i thought it was ridiculous, Boo after the game, it didn't help Beckford or the team

We got a fucking point! If more people had booed we'd have won!

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nat we could have played all night and we still wouldn't have scored, we should have been beaten. I had to get the train back to Manchester with the Wednesday fans and they all said it was 2 points dropped for them and how poor we were.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The bloke next to me booed.
Bastard woke me up.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

If Beckford had any professional pride he'd have thought "...you know what, I'm going to show these Bolton twats what I can do". Instead he played shit.

Hardly fair to judge him seeing he only came on after 66 minutes.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:

Hardly fair to judge him seeing he only came on after 66 minutes.

:facepalm:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:I'm sure the players are as baffled as us about the team selections, systems they're supposed to play, being played out of position, dropped after man of the match performances, selected for being shit etc. 
Apart from the last one, it's no excuse for performing poorly and apparently displaying a poor attitude. They should do whatever the manager asks them to do for the team and should do it willingly and with a positive attitude.

Regardless of who the manager is.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:there is no environment in which abuse leads to motivation. (IMO)

The staff of Whittam International plc would beg to differ.
I'll take your word for it as I doubt there'll be any staff to ask!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum