Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The ALDI Thread.

+10
wanderlust
Bollotom2014
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
bwfc71
BoltonTillIDie
Soul Kitchen
Reebok Trotter
scottjames30
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1The ALDI Thread. Empty The ALDI Thread. Thu Oct 02 2014, 20:16

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a store, for example - Bavaria bottled beer, 50cl almost a pint 5% at 91 pence each.

Austins (Pimms) at £4.39 a litre at 17% , what deals they have on.

Do you get some good stuff from ALDI?

2The ALDI Thread. Empty Re: The ALDI Thread. Thu Oct 02 2014, 20:19

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I get a lot of stuff from Aldi. Their wines are good value and I am partial to their Shipsterns Original Bitter. Just be careful with the Bavaria in tins because they have brought one out that is 8.5%. It is way too strong.

3The ALDI Thread. Empty Re: The ALDI Thread. Thu Oct 02 2014, 20:23

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Their champers last Christmas at a tenner a bottle was great value. 
Furthermore a survey on TV and in a posh paper further enhanced it'credentials.
You can't beat Waitrose and Booths though, it's much more expensive and therefore better!! Smile

4The ALDI Thread. Empty Re: The ALDI Thread. Thu Oct 02 2014, 20:25

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote: Just be careful with the Bavaria in tins because they have brought one out that is 8.5%. It is way too strong.
I'll try that one. Very Happy

5The ALDI Thread. Empty Re: The ALDI Thread. Thu Oct 02 2014, 20:32

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I bought 4 tins by mistake and after a few slurps I realised my mistake. 5% is about my limit. My missus is partial to their Toro Loco Zinfandel Blush wine which is only £3.69. The Rockstone Ridge range of wines is not bad either.

6The ALDI Thread. Empty Re: The ALDI Thread. Thu Oct 02 2014, 20:36

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The thing that I like about it is the international beers, no Carling or Carlsberg, just pure beers.

Bavaria is a Dutch larger, brewed with pure mineral water, lovely .

7The ALDI Thread. Empty Re: The ALDI Thread. Thu Oct 02 2014, 20:39

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The ordinary Bavaria is fine and they do another lager called Starberg which is fine as well.

8The ALDI Thread. Empty Re: The ALDI Thread. Thu Oct 02 2014, 20:52

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Their granola is decent too - no more paying £3 for it from Asda. I think I'm a bit addicted to granola, lovely...

9The ALDI Thread. Empty Re: The ALDI Thread. Thu Oct 02 2014, 20:54

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:I get a lot of stuff from Aldi. Their wines are good value and I am partial to their Shipsterns Original Bitter. Just be careful with the Bavaria in tins because they have brought one out that is 8.5%. It is way too strong.

You mean the Bavaria 8.6 Red?

Bavaria is the 2nd largest Brewery in The Netherlands.

I cant drink Bavaria beer as every time I try I end up with very bad stomach pains for a couple of days.  I think I am actually allergic to it! Shocked

10The ALDI Thread. Empty Re: The ALDI Thread. Thu Oct 02 2014, 20:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Their granola is decent too - no more paying £3 for it from Asda.  I think I'm a bit addicted to granola, lovely...
Never tried granola,might give it a go.

11The ALDI Thread. Empty Re: The ALDI Thread. Thu Oct 02 2014, 21:04

Just like in the advert, we swapped our weekly shop from Tesco to Aldi about six months ago and save approximately forty quid a week and the quality is just as good.

As you may be aware (because I've bored you all with it enough in the past) I work in the food manufacturing industry and have seen Aldi's quality standards rise steadily over the last 15 years, to the point where now, their stuff is as good if not better than the "Big Four's" own tackle.

And I don't mean their "value range", I mean their own brand standard products.

I'm well impressed with Aldi.

12The ALDI Thread. Empty Re: The ALDI Thread. Thu Oct 02 2014, 21:07

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Imagine being seen shopping in Aldi though!!

13The ALDI Thread. Empty Re: The ALDI Thread. Thu Oct 02 2014, 21:09

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Imagine being seen shopping in Aldi though!!

:rofl:

14The ALDI Thread. Empty Re: The ALDI Thread. Thu Oct 02 2014, 21:11

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The ALDI Thread. 13611120834_810efe86a2

15The ALDI Thread. Empty Re: The ALDI Thread. Thu Oct 02 2014, 21:19

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How so? We had a local Sainsbury's near us which everyone used because it was convenient. Aldi opened a rival store in the same precinct and the punters flocked in. Are people really that vain that they don't want to be seen shopping in Aldi? I think not.

16The ALDI Thread. Empty Re: The ALDI Thread. Thu Oct 02 2014, 21:23

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Same in Sale.  I was in the town for a meeting and noticed that Aldi, which is virtually next doo to Sainsburys, was more full.  And yet people of Sale are meant to be more snobby!! Saying that, though, the main shopping street had more second hand and charity shops than I thought it would!

17The ALDI Thread. Empty Re: The ALDI Thread. Thu Oct 02 2014, 21:32

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:Same in Sale.  I was in the town for a meeting and noticed that Aldi, which is virtually next doo to Sainsburys, was more full.  And yet people of Sale are meant to be more snobby!! Saying that, though, the main shopping street had more second hand and charity shops than I thought it would!

I worked in Sale for a number of years. It used to be the poor neighbour to Altrincham. It does however boast a superb Indian Restaurant in the Masala Lounge on Northenden Road as well as a good Thai Restaurant in the Jitrada.

A previous Nigerian Scout thread sponsor, Wilton Shagpile, runs the Carpet Inn on Ashfield Road and always does a good deal for fellow Wanderers.

18The ALDI Thread. Empty Re: The ALDI Thread. Thu Oct 02 2014, 21:53

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I used to do my shopping in Harrods and Fortnum and Mason, but one day when I was in 'Nam we saw an Aldi and my Mom said we should pop in and see how the poor lived. I was amazed at some of the prices, and as Breadman said, good quality and savings are unbelievable. Some of the products are continental but who gives a feck, a pig is a pig so bacon really can't be spoiled. Obviously the range isn't as vast as the big three plus Tesco, but nonetheless very good. So now Mr al Fayed's relief can feck off along with all the other chavy businessmen who have diplomas in bullcrap. And if Aldi is too far away then Lidl, jingle, a Lidl bit of what you fancy does youse good. is just as cheap.

19The ALDI Thread. Empty Re: The ALDI Thread. Thu Oct 02 2014, 21:56

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There is a decent sized Lidl in Morecambe and that is very popular as well. I just buy my shopping bags from M & S and use them wherever I shop and nobody looks down their nose at me.

20The ALDI Thread. Empty Re: The ALDI Thread. Thu Oct 02 2014, 22:01

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

To be frank,I no longer go in supermarkets,I simply get it delivered by Ocado.
Shopping online is just my cup of tea.
Can you shop online with Aldi?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum