Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The weather today

+37
sunlight
luckyPeterpiper
Leeds_Trotter
Angry Dad
Growler
Cajunboy
Sluffy
y2johnny
Bread2.0
gloswhite
Fabians Right Peg
DEANO82
whatsgoingon
bwfc71
Resistance is Futile
rammywhite
MartinBWFC
doffcocker
Bolton Nuts
Emma Jansen 1
finlaymcdanger
Banks of the Croal
BoltonTillIDie
Keegan
scottjames30
Chairmanda
Bollotom2014
Boggersbelief
Norpig
Bwfc1958
Natasha Whittam
Jake McHale
Reebok Trotter
Copper Dragon
boltonbonce
Mr Magoo
karlypants
41 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 49  Next

Go down  Message [Page 43 of 49]

841The weather today - Page 43 Empty Re: The weather today Thu Dec 31 2020, 08:54

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:snowing in Manchester as well as i trudged off to work this morning.
I used to trudge off to work. Oh what a joy it is to peer through the window at 4am (my usual getting up for work time) knowing that I can go back to bed and have another few hours.
I missed my job after retiring, but I'm as happy as Larry now.

842The weather today - Page 43 Empty Re: The weather today Thu Dec 31 2020, 08:58

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I should add that I don't know how happy Larry is, or was. 
Was he a friend of Jim Dandy?
Did they both stand around like piffy?

843The weather today - Page 43 Empty Re: The weather today Thu Dec 31 2020, 09:02

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
I used to trudge off to work. Oh what a joy it is to peer through the window at 4am (my usual getting up for work time) knowing that I can go back to bed and have another few hours.
I missed my job after retiring, but I'm as happy as Larry now.
Thanks for making me feel even more miserable Boncey  Laughing

844The weather today - Page 43 Empty Re: The weather today Thu Dec 31 2020, 09:15

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
Thanks for making me feel even more miserable Boncey  Laughing
I did feel a pang of guilt Norpig. I used to phone my old workmates at 6am to let them know I'd made a brew, and was going back to bed. 
It's a cruel world.
But you're doing important work, and I raise my cap to you, and everyone else battling to keep us healthy.

845The weather today - Page 43 Empty Re: The weather today Thu Dec 31 2020, 09:33

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce wrote:
But you're doing important work, and I raise my cap to you, and everyone else battling to keep us healthy.
Ditto! Well said, Boncey!

846The weather today - Page 43 Empty Re: The weather today Sat Jan 02 2021, 14:47

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Heavy snow coming down here.

847The weather today - Page 43 Empty Re: The weather today Sun Jan 03 2021, 10:57

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I drove up through Bolton yesterday, and it was snowing heavily. The snowflakes were huge. Good escapism, imagining the postman being thwarted and unable to off stress and grief on me with brown envelopes. North Finland is looking like good escapism from beaurocracy.

848The weather today - Page 43 Empty Re: The weather today Fri Jan 08 2021, 21:14

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Freezing outside today. I went to do some shopping at Tesco which is only half a mile from my house and frankly wish I'd stayed in and done it online. The car was slipping all over the place on the side roads and even on the main road I wasn't at all confident I wouldn't skid off on a patch of black ice or something. Thankfully with the lockdown the roads themselves were very quiet and Tesco was pretty much empty but I breathed a big sigh of relief when I got back home.

849The weather today - Page 43 Empty Re: The weather today Wed Jan 13 2021, 22:32

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's supposed to be snowing all day tomorrow in Bolton. I can't wait! :biggrin:

850The weather today - Page 43 Empty Re: The weather today Wed Jan 13 2021, 22:41

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We're getting heavy rain, and a gentle breeze. Nice.

851The weather today - Page 43 Empty Re: The weather today Wed Jan 20 2021, 16:21

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

BAD IDEA!!!

852The weather today - Page 43 Empty Re: The weather today Wed Jan 20 2021, 22:37

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Snowing heavily here and it's knocked off my sky signal!

853The weather today - Page 43 Empty Re: The weather today Wed Jan 20 2021, 23:03

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Snowing heavily here and it's knocked off my sky signal!
Thick snow here too. And now I'm in a mood after manure won.

854The weather today - Page 43 Empty Re: The weather today Wed Jan 20 2021, 23:28

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Came down quite heavily where I am but it's stopped now. Got caught up in it bringing the bin in and it was rather slippy outside.

Hopefully it isn't too bad outside in the morning!

855The weather today - Page 43 Empty Re: The weather today Thu Jan 21 2021, 13:40

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyone been affected by the weather? Didsbury is not far from me and loads of people have had to evacuate as it's right next to the River Mersey but we've been fine in Burnage.

856The weather today - Page 43 Empty Re: The weather today Thu Jan 21 2021, 13:45

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Anyone been affected by the weather? Didsbury is not far from me and loads of people have had to evacuate as it's right next to the River Mersey but we've been fine in Burnage.
Not great here in Warrington, with quite a few people having to be evacuated. Less problems on the outskirts where we are, but we take nothing for granted.
The weather today - Page 43 12243834

857The weather today - Page 43 Empty Re: The weather today Thu Jan 21 2021, 13:49

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don’t remember it ever being this bad. Possible that sewers and rivers need cleaning out and dredging?  It seems that a lot of rivers have been neglected by the EA.

858The weather today - Page 43 Empty Re: The weather today Thu Jan 21 2021, 13:56

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
Not great here in Warrington, with quite a few people having to be evacuated. Less problems on the outskirts where we are, but we take nothing for granted.
The weather today - Page 43 12243834
AAH at Warrington is one of our suppliers and emailed earlier to say they may be delayed due to floods in Warrington

859The weather today - Page 43 Empty Re: The weather today Thu Jan 21 2021, 13:56

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Some flooded out residents tried to get shelter at the local community centre, but Covid restrictions prevented it. Bad situation.
The weather today - Page 43 12243550

860The weather today - Page 43 Empty Re: The weather today Thu Jan 21 2021, 13:57

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:I don’t remember it ever being this bad. Possible that sewers and rivers need cleaning out and dredging?  It seems that a lot of rivers have been neglected by the EA.
It always seems to be the same places getting flooded so i presume the EA are not getting enough money or resources to sort out the problem areas?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 43 of 49]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 49  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum