Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Memories of the Palais / Rockerfellas / Ritzy / Ikon / Jaxx

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Memories of the Palais / Rockerfellas / Ritzy / Ikon / Jaxx 3376220

Loads of different names but all for the same place.

Apparently it is now up for sale for £450,000 - [link at the bottom of the post].

I knew it as the Palais and later on as Rockfellas and Ritzy's.

My dad was even a bouncer there just after the war.

I never really liked the place - with the dance band and sprung floor, where if you stood in the wrong place you got bounced up and down and spilled your ale.

Prefered the downstairs bit when they first split it in two.

I was more a Pips, Scamps, Maxwell Plum, Bees Knees goer but the Palais and the Nevada where the only two big places to go back in my time originally.

Didn't like either so spent most of my youth at The Trotters pub and disco.

Happy days but what are your memories of the Palais / Ikon, etc?

(and will you be buying it?)

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/11602696.Former_nightclub_Ikon_could_be_yours___for_just___450_000/?ref=mr

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Met the wife at The Palais was a good time to go drinking in Bolton town centre, would I buy it, no.

The Trotters, that was a bit of a dump especially upstairs Shocked

Memories of the Palais / Rockerfellas / Ritzy / Ikon / Jaxx Bolton_trotters

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I liked the Trotters.

Didn't see it as a dump myself but then again it was the place we all met up in and had a laugh, so it was home so to speak.

Happy days - over 40 years ago now!

How times flies.

(PS - the bloke who is credited with that picture was a very good mate of mine back then - not seen him in over 30 years now!).

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Just joking Sluffy, we went in when we were on that side of town.

Once went for a tom tit in there and this bloke came bursting in with a bag of think they called it Grass back then.he Said you don't mind do you, he was doing a deal, hadn't got much fucking choice, like you say happy days Cool

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

it was Ritzy when i first started going, that was the Friday evening Kiddy version. We would buy a bottle of cider and guzzle it down while walking through Queens Park! When i was old enough to go drinking i spent most of my time in the downstairs part but can't remember the name it went under then. We would start there and then go across the road to Pink Panthers.

I was never a big fan of the main upstairs Ritzy to be honest, most people spent all night wandering round in circles trying to cop off and the music wasn't my taste either.

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Never went in the place during any of its various incarnations but have heard stories that Sasa Curcic was in the habit of rolling up there in his yellow Hummer, picking up one of the local floozies and whisking her away in said vehicle, only to return half an hour later and repeating the process etc, etc.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Used to go to Va Va Thursday nights, Students Night, when proper music was welcomed in with the sound of Born To Be Wild at about 10-30pm. A few beers before in the Trotters and Wheatsheaf then down the steps for a good blast of Rock music till the the early hours!! Happy days.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum