Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Muamba to appear against Spurs!

+6
chipbutty
largehat
Reebok Trotter
gloswhite
Hipster_Nebula
jayjay23
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Muamba to appear against Spurs! Empty Muamba to appear against Spurs! Mon Apr 30 2012, 22:05

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Have the club been clever here and decided to wheel out the info about Muamba attending the Spurs match so they can bump up the atmosphere by announcing him?

It will work but is it a bit in poor taste?

2Muamba to appear against Spurs! Empty Re: Muamba to appear against Spurs! Mon Apr 30 2012, 22:08

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not sure why anyone would call it poor taste.

if anything it's the fans that have been clamoring for him to appear.

If you're on twitter you'll know thats true.

3Muamba to appear against Spurs! Empty Re: Muamba to appear against Spurs! Mon Apr 30 2012, 22:10

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Yeah true, suppose so.
I just have a suspicion that it could be used for gain - even if it wasn't in his own best interest. Be great if he does come - it will lift us. Just wondered if there was a darker side to it.

4Muamba to appear against Spurs! Empty Re: Muamba to appear against Spurs! Mon Apr 30 2012, 22:13

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

May well lift Muamba as well. He can't help us by playing, so I'm sure he would want to make an appearance against the team he collapsed again. Nice touch all round.

5Muamba to appear against Spurs! Empty Re: Muamba to appear against Spurs! Mon Apr 30 2012, 22:49

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think an appearance will lift the team and the fans. Muamba is a modern day walking miracle. Hopefully the fans will get behind the team and the players will put a decent shift in against the Southern jessies.

6Muamba to appear against Spurs! Empty Re: Muamba to appear against Spurs! Mon Apr 30 2012, 23:02

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I think everyone in the ground will be pleased to see him on his feet, the Spurs fans as much as everyone else.

We live in such a cynical world.

7Muamba to appear against Spurs! Empty Re: Muamba to appear against Spurs! Tue May 01 2012, 19:31

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Can we just put Muamba in a wheelbarrow and shove him round the town hall square two or three times to let people know he's still alive. Then we we can all have done with it and move on.

Or failing that, he could walk out at the Reebok before the Tottenham game and everyone will stand and applaud like they have never applauded before.

There is a danger here of turning this Muamba thing into a bit of a circus.

8Muamba to appear against Spurs! Empty Re: Muamba to appear against Spurs! Tue May 01 2012, 19:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hold him back in case we're one down with 20 minutes left. Then I'd send him out for a walk round the Reebok track.

9Muamba to appear against Spurs! Empty Re: Muamba to appear against Spurs! Tue May 01 2012, 19:43

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Perhaps they will let Muamba do a few juggling tricks before the game. To make it really interesting they could have a competition where he takes on a performing seal at Keepy- Uppy.

10Muamba to appear against Spurs! Empty Re: Muamba to appear against Spurs! Tue May 01 2012, 20:21

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

chipbutty wrote:Can we just put Muamba in a wheelbarrow and shove him round the town hall square two or three times to let people know he's still alive. Then we we can all have done with it and move on.

Or failing that, he could walk out at the Reebok before the Tottenham game and everyone will stand and applaud like they have never applauded before.

There is a danger here of turning this Muamba thing into a bit of a circus.

How is it turning into a circus? We showed our support during his recovery and now he's better the fans want to show their happiness he recovered to the man himself.

I'd agree with you if he comes onto the pitch for every bolton game until 2028 but otherwise i think it's a nice gesture for him and the fans.

11Muamba to appear against Spurs! Empty Re: Muamba to appear against Spurs! Tue May 01 2012, 21:12

It would be a pleasure for all of us (I should imagine) to see Fabrice looking healthy and getting back to normal.

12Muamba to appear against Spurs! Empty Re: Muamba to appear against Spurs! Tue May 01 2012, 21:18

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Chipbutty, no disrespect, but your talking bollocks. How were we going to bring him back? Hiding in the back of a van, just to be seen in photos after the event? Theres no cynicism involved. He died, he recovered, and he's come back to the club. The timing of his visit is in keeping with his rate of recovery. I'm looking forward to seeing him.

13Muamba to appear against Spurs! Empty Re: Muamba to appear against Spurs! Tue May 01 2012, 22:04

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Stop being a moaning bastard Chip it will be great to see fabrice back at the reebok.

14Muamba to appear against Spurs! Empty Re: Muamba to appear against Spurs! Tue May 01 2012, 22:55

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Fabrice Muamba has confirmed that he will attend Bolton Wanderers' Premier League fixture against Tottenham Hotspur on Wednesday night.

Manager Owen Coyle said: "We are absolutely delighted that we will be able to welcome Fabrice and his family back to the Reebok, and we are all looking forward to seeing him.

"It's fitting that the match is between these two clubs and that Fabrice is able to come along.

"I know Fabrice is very keen to show his appreciation to both sets of fans for their support."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

15Muamba to appear against Spurs! Empty Re: Muamba to appear against Spurs! Tue May 01 2012, 23:30

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Chip butty's post is proof that Bolton fans will moan about ANYTHING.

16Muamba to appear against Spurs! Empty Re: Muamba to appear against Spurs! Wed May 02 2012, 00:04

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I guess I'm in the Chip butty camp too.

I'm very pleased for the bloke that he's come back from the brink and all that but I don't get the amount of outpouring that goes on over it?

It's not just Muamba, for instance I never got the nations grief when Diana died, I was shocked at Speed's sudden death but nothing more, I couldn't understand why people who were too young to even remember Lofthouse playing were compelled to go to his funeral?

I've had close love ones die and been greatly affected by their loss but its never bothered me to anything like the same extent when a princess, politician, pop star or footballer - nearly all of whom I've never met before other than seeing them from the stands or the telly, have passed away.

We all grieve in different ways, so I let people get on with however it is they do that helps them get through it - but its simply never affected me to anything like the extent that they seem to be.

However it does seem reasonable that if Muamba is to make a public appearance, then one before the Bolton and Spurs fans would be fitting and appropriate.

17Muamba to appear against Spurs! Empty Re: Muamba to appear against Spurs! Wed May 02 2012, 00:57

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Well you miserable fuckers can go to the bar when we're all applauding Muamba then, and congratulate each other on not being part of the circus.

Muamba will rightly be welcomed home with open arms.

18Muamba to appear against Spurs! Empty Re: Muamba to appear against Spurs! Wed May 02 2012, 01:24

It's probably a good test for his heart coming watching us. Against Villa,Blackburn,Wolves and QPR my heart was beating 10 to the dozen in injury time. If he can survive watching us play then he is well on his way to recovery.

19Muamba to appear against Spurs! Empty Re: Muamba to appear against Spurs! Wed May 02 2012, 08:17

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I think some of you have missed my point. Of course it will be a great moment when Fabrice walks out to wave and receive the applause, I think it will be quite moving. There may be some Tottenham fans who make the trip just to see it.

What I'm saying is, BWFC should treat the occasion quietly and with dignity and not as the Sun or the Star would.

20Muamba to appear against Spurs! Empty Re: Muamba to appear against Spurs! Wed May 02 2012, 12:51

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How are we treating it as the sun and the star would?

Sorry but this is baffling to me.

That said maybe I'm out of touch.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum