Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Police Failings

+4
xmiles
Soul Kitchen
Bwfc1958
B.D.P
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Police Failings Empty Police Failings Tue Nov 18 2014, 11:21

B.D.P

B.D.P
David Lee
David Lee

Apparently the police have been failing to record crimes correctly. Quite a few serious crimes including rapes have not been investigated in the right way and eventually not even recorded as a crime.

When you add this to other stuff in the news involving police such as Hillsborough and Plebgate you have to start questioning if our whole police force is full of corrupt wankers.

What does everyone think? Corrupt, lazy, not trained well enough? Or do you think we're lucky to have such good police?

Personally i think there's a lot of corrupt wankers in our police force.

2Police Failings Empty Re: Police Failings Tue Nov 18 2014, 14:13

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Every profession has its good ones and it's bad ones. The problem is that with the police force the bad ones can cost lives. I've had experience of bad policing. Some of it is caused by the fact that training for the police just isn't up to scratch in certain areas and when officers are faced with certain situations they have no idea how to deal with it. Some of them, however, are just arrogant pricks that feel a sense of self importance and when they put on a uniform they think they are better than you and disappear up their own arse.

I won't go into detail but if you look back at the Harry Roberts thread from not too far back you will get a better picture of what I mean here when I say that, if the police had been better trained, not only in the law but in how to deal with people in difficult circumstances and also looking at the bigger picture and linking related events from from their own records my family would be bigger and happier than it has turned out to be.

3Police Failings Empty Re: Police Failings Tue Nov 18 2014, 15:38

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The Police talk the talk and fuck all else from what I've experienced.

4Police Failings Empty Re: Police Failings Tue Nov 18 2014, 16:23

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

The police have been allowed to get away with simply because they protect the people that run this country.

They are only experiencing difficulties now because some of their abuses are getting to be too embarrassing.

I don't have any personal experience of bad policing and frankly it's clear that some (a lot?) of police are trying to do a good job in difficult circumstances but the continual sustained cover ups of police corruption and incompetence (Hillsborough, the hunt for the Yorkshire Ripper, the Guildford Four and Maguire Seven, Plebgate, the death of Ian Tomlinson, all the leaks to the Press, etc) show there is a real problem.

5Police Failings Empty Re: Police Failings Tue Nov 18 2014, 16:46

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

To me, they are nothing more than somebody doing a job, for which they are very well paid. If they cover up errors to keep the public's support, you have to wonder what else they hide. When the pressure is on their line management to meet performance targets, you can understand a little, but certainly not to the extent we are seeing now.

6Police Failings Empty Re: Police Failings Tue Nov 18 2014, 16:57

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I happen to think the British Police Force is the finest in the world. I can't think of any other country where the police routinely go about their business without a firearm. As BWFC1958 says, there are bad apples in every barrel and the police are no different. It's important to remember that police are recruited from all walks of life and as such are a pretty mixed bunch.
The Police are supposed to be impartial and that's why they swear their allegiance to the Queen rather than the government of the day.
The biggest problem that the police have is political interference. Being forced to record all reported crimes even when there is every likelihood that no crime has actually been committed. Performance indicator targets coupled with reduced manpower numbers is a recipe for disaster. Most of the bigwigs running our police forces are really managers as opposed to coppers. They lose touch with reality sitting in their ivory towers while complying with the latest bullshit quotas issued by the Home Office. £18,000 a year is bloody peanuts to have to stand outside some bloody town centre nightclub every Friday and Saturday night and deal with pissed up chavs and Hoorah bloody Henry's on a night out. 
Just for once I would like to see all our 650 Members of Parliament sworn in as Special Constables and make them work a busy Friday and Saturday night in our towns and cities. I guarantee you one thing...... they would only do it once.

7Police Failings Empty Re: Police Failings Tue Nov 18 2014, 17:03

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

:clap:Very well said, RT!

8Police Failings Empty Re: Police Failings Tue Nov 18 2014, 17:04

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

£18,000, RT, really ?

9Police Failings Empty Re: Police Failings Tue Nov 18 2014, 17:12

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's actually £19,000 for new recruits outside of the Metropolitan police district. The Met officers get more than all the other provincial forces in the form of a London weighting allowance.. Obviously their salary goes up according to their length of service. These are the latest pay scales from the Met police.

CONSTABLES' PAY

Pay point

With effect from April 2013

0 (a)

£23,259

£19,000

1 (b)

£25,962

£21,000

£27,471 (a)

£22,000

£29,148

£23,000

£30,066

£25,500

£31,032

£27,000

£31,917

£31,032

£32,703

£36,519

£33,753

n/a

£35,796

n/a

£36,519 (b)

n/a

(a) On commencing service if the recruit has no policing qualification

(b) On commencing service if the recruit has a new certified policing qualification, or previous experience as a special constable or PCSO; or on completion of basic training for those who entered on pay point 0.

10Police Failings Empty Re: Police Failings Tue Nov 18 2014, 17:16

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Reebok Trotter wrote:I happen to think the British Police Force is the finest in the world. I can't think of any other country where the police routinely go about their business without a firearm. As BWFC1958 says, there are bad apples in every barrel and the police are no different. It's important to remember that police are recruited from all walks of life and as such are a pretty mixed bunch.
The Police are supposed to be impartial and that's why they swear their allegiance to the Queen rather than the government of the day.
The biggest problem that the police have is political interference. Being forced to record all reported crimes even when there is every likelihood that no crime has actually been committed. Performance indicator targets coupled with reduced manpower numbers is a recipe for disaster. Most of the bigwigs running our police forces are really managers as opposed to coppers. They lose touch with reality sitting in their ivory towers while complying with the latest bullshit quotas issued by the Home Office. £18,000 a year is bloody peanuts to have to stand outside some bloody town centre nightclub every Friday and Saturday night and deal with pissed up chavs and Hoorah bloody Henry's on a night out. 
Just for once I would like to see all our 650 Members of Parliament sworn in as Special Constables and make them work a busy Friday and Saturday night in our towns and cities. I guarantee you one thing...... they would only do it once.

I agree with a lot of what you say but you are seriously underestimating how well paid the police are.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=7&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CEkQFjAG&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.prospects.ac.uk%2Fpolice_officer_salary.htm&ei=y31rVM_yOpPWapXFgJgJ&usg=AFQjCNFeqj9AbvK6667nMRCVXxjVUO_wQw&sig2=QX9jYM9SG3DdNSFNMPBJsA

And of course there is overtime as well.

Bugger - looks like you beat me to it RT but this link seems more up to date!

Last edited by xmiles on Tue Nov 18 2014, 17:18; edited 1 time in total

11Police Failings Empty Re: Police Failings Tue Nov 18 2014, 17:17

B.D.P

B.D.P
David Lee
David Lee

Overpaid wankers.

12Police Failings Empty Re: Police Failings Tue Nov 18 2014, 17:24

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

B.D.P wrote:Overpaid wankers.

I actually don't think they are paid enough and the same goes for nurses and squaddies as well.

13Police Failings Empty Re: Police Failings Tue Nov 18 2014, 17:44

B.D.P

B.D.P
David Lee
David Lee

Nurses deserve more IMO.

Police and squaddies get more than enough though.

14Police Failings Empty Re: Police Failings Tue Nov 18 2014, 22:00

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

At the end of the day people are people.  Some are really good and conscientious in what they do, others are fecking useless and maybe even corrupt, whilst the vast majority are somewhere in the two extremes - human nature I guess.

This applies equally to any trade or profession, it just so happens that the police are in a job where if they fuck up or try to cut unnecessary corners, or are deceiptful or corrupt, it effects other people directly - often in a bad way.

If a say banker cocks up someones account or robs the till or something, no one is hurt, the bank pays the money back and everything is ok again but if the police fail to do their job properly - as in this link below - a five year old child gets raped.

Unforgivable really but at least the officers involved got a written warning.

Wonder how they would feel if someone let them down and their little five year old got raped - do you think they would think it a written warning was enough of a reprimand?

Some how I doubt it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-30096706

Still I think there are far more decent coppers than bad ones.

I hope so anyway.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum