Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Best Manager He's Ever Been...

+6
Boggersbelief
karlypants
Sluffy
boltonbonce
aaron_bwfc
Keegan
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Best Manager He's Ever Been... Empty The Best Manager He's Ever Been... Fri Dec 05 2014, 19:03

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

... is taking over at Stu Holden's former club, The Houston Dynamo!

Owen Coyle has agreed to become the next manager of MLS side Houston Dynamo, Sky sources understand.

The Scotsman has been out of football management since leaving Wigan Athletic a year ago, only six months into his contract with the Sky Bet Championship club.

Houston finished eighth in the Eastern Conference last season and have been looking for a new manager since Dominic Kinnear opted to leave and join the San Jose Earthquakes in October

The deal with Coyle is expected to be finalised over the weekend after his arrival in the Texas city.

Coyle will be taking on his sixth managerial role, having been in charge at Falkirk, St Johnstone, Burnley and Bolton before his short stint at the DW Stadium.

Thanks Owen!

Coyle in the USA!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Texas!

Home of the Death penalty, George Dubbya Bush, ridiculous belt buckles, Chuck Norris, officially the worst public health care in America and the bastards that killed JFK.

Wait 'til they get a load of Columba in his shorts and his funny accent.

Mind you, he is a tee-total God-botherer, so he may just fit in.

Wonder where he stands on same sex marriage.......?

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Ah, well that explains the missed call on my mobile this evening from a number in Texas.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dentists all over Texas will be rubbing their hands.

As will ping pong ball suppliers

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I don't think they have relegation in the MLS.

I think this explains everything.

QED

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well that's a turn up for the books!

I didn't expect him going to America!

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just goes to show how piss poor a manager he is. Ruined us

Sluffy's right - It's perfect for Coyle.

You can get away with minimal planning and training and actually having a clue about football, just go out there like a bunch of schoolboys and chase that ball!

If they score, so what?

We can't get relegated, so we'll just keep doing this shit again next year, in the hope that we win more than we lose and end up mid-table.

And I'll live in my massive house in the suburbs with my pool and my SUV.

Happy days!

10The Best Manager He's Ever Been... Empty Re: The Best Manager He's Ever Been... Sat Dec 06 2014, 11:46

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

even after he proved to be a poor manager i still like him, he comes across as a nice guy so i hope he does well. He has landed on his feet again though hasn't he?

11The Best Manager He's Ever Been... Empty Re: The Best Manager He's Ever Been... Sun Dec 07 2014, 16:46

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Good luck to the guy, wonder if Stuart Holden may end up there. As for the nice guy bit, a certain Dave Whelan might not agree after Owen gave him a slagging off on SSN a couple of weeks ago.

12The Best Manager He's Ever Been... Empty Re: The Best Manager He's Ever Been... Thu Dec 11 2014, 21:58

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Well that went well. Plenty of questions but no answers Very Happy .......

https://storify.com/NorAmClarets/askcoyle

13The Best Manager He's Ever Been... Empty Re: The Best Manager He's Ever Been... Thu Dec 11 2014, 22:17

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

OMG. A PR disaster waiting to happen. I can't think of a single Burnley fan who has anything positive to say about Owen Coyle after he left Burnley.

14The Best Manager He's Ever Been... Empty Re: The Best Manager He's Ever Been... Thu Dec 11 2014, 22:22

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:OMG. A PR disaster waiting to happen. I can't think of a single Burnley fan who has anything positive to say about Owen Coyle after he left Burnley.

I like this one Very Happy ...........

The Best Manager He's Ever Been... 2llkeuo

TomVictor wrote:Do you still get nightmares about this?

15The Best Manager He's Ever Been... Empty Re: The Best Manager He's Ever Been... Thu Dec 11 2014, 22:45

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looking at that table there is only Ream and Pratley who have actually made a go of their time at Bolton and most of the Wanderers supporters are still 50/50 regarding Pratley.
How is Sordell doing at Burnley. He seems to have dropped off the radar? We would happily have kept the Juke if we could have afforded him but his strike rate in the Prem isn't all that good. I still think he has the makings of a decent striker but most of the Prem managers don't seem to have the time to be patient and allow strikers to bed in.

16The Best Manager He's Ever Been... Empty Re: The Best Manager He's Ever Been... Thu Dec 11 2014, 23:27

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sordell has been all right in the very limited times we've seen him. He doesn't really fit in with the style we have had to adopt this season. He's fourth choice forward at the moment and will be fifth choice when Vokes is back, and he probably won't even make the bench then. I can see him going out on loan if someone wants him.

Juke has played decently but has missed some real sitters. He did very well when he came on the other week against Villa and won us the penalty.

17The Best Manager He's Ever Been... Empty Re: The Best Manager He's Ever Been... Wed Dec 31 2014, 17:59

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Sky Sports wrote:The Fantasy Football Club: Get tickets and meet former Bolton boss Owen Coyle

Why not former Wigan boss? That was his last job prior to Houston, wasn't it? Why are they trying to tick me off?

:face2:

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum