Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Skipper Matt Mills confident Bolton Wanderers will bounce back from defeat

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Matt Mills insists defeat at Huddersfield Town will only be a temporary blip for Neil Lennon’s resurgent Wanderers.

An eight-game unbeaten run came to an end at the John Smith’s Stadium on Sunday, meaning the Whites dropped down a position into 15th place in the Championship.

But the defender, who has worn the captain’s armband in Jay Spearing’s absence of late, believes the squad will recover quickly from the disappointment of Nakhi Wells’ late winner.

“It won’t affect us,” he told The Bolton News. “We have to take confidence from dominating that game and looking like the better side.

“We let one slip but the bigger picture shows there are still a lot of games to go, and the play-offs are still there for us to chase.

“Since the manager came in the way we are playing and performing, I haven’t really seen anything in this league that can get near us if we’re on song and performing.

“We’ll brush that off, starting again and try to get back to winning ways.”

Wanderers’ next game is in the FA Cup third round on Saturday against Malky Mackay’s Wigan Athletic.

And if they are to bounce back they will have to do so without talisman Chung-Yong Lee, who flew out yesterday to join up with the South Korea squad in Australia for the Asia Cup.

Lennon is searching for a temporary replacement – with Manchester United’s Nick Powell reported to be a target who could be snapped up on loan before the weekend.

Mills admits Chung-Yong will be missed but trusts his manager will make the necessary adjustments to his squad to compensate.

“Chungy has obviously been in great form for us and it’s disappointing to lose him,” he said.

“It isn’t anything new. We knew it was going to happen.

“And it’s probably what the manager is touching on when he says he needs new players. We do need to replace him.”

Mills feels optimistic about the New Year and would like to see a similar partisan atmosphere created against Wigan as the one which greeted another local rival Blackburn Rovers on Boxing Day.

“I think the club is in a fantastic place,” he said. “I’ve never experience an atmosphere like we had at the Macron on Boxing Day.

“The fans can tell we’re going well and hopefully they can keep supporting us.

“We need to get back to winning ways now and get some more points on the table because I think this can be a really exciting season.”

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Matt Mills insists defeat at Huddersfield Town will only be a temporary blip for Neil Lennon’s resurgent Wanderers.

An eight-game unbeaten run came to an end at the John Smith’s Stadium on Sunday, meaning the Whites dropped down a position into 15th place in the Championship.

But the defender, who has worn the captain’s armband in Jay Spearing’s absence of late, believes the squad will recover quickly from the disappointment of Nakhi Wells’ late winner.

“It won’t affect us,” he told The Bolton News. “We have to take confidence from dominating that game and looking like the better side.

“We let one slip but the bigger picture shows there are still a lot of games to go, and the play-offs are still there for us to chase.

“Since the manager came in the way we are playing and performing, I haven’t really seen anything in this league that can get near us if we’re on song and performing.

“We’ll brush that off, starting again and try to get back to winning ways.”

Wanderers’ next game is in the FA Cup third round on Saturday against Malky Mackay’s Wigan Athletic.

And if they are to bounce back they will have to do so without talisman Chung-Yong Lee, who flew out yesterday to join up with the South Korea squad in Australia for the Asia Cup.

Lennon is searching for a temporary replacement – with Manchester United’s Nick Powell reported to be a target who could be snapped up on loan before the weekend.

Mills admits Chung-Yong will be missed but trusts his manager will make the necessary adjustments to his squad to compensate.

“Chungy has obviously been in great form for us and it’s disappointing to lose him,” he said.

“It isn’t anything new. We knew it was going to happen.

“And it’s probably what the manager is touching on when he says he needs new players. We do need to replace him.”

Mills feels optimistic about the New Year and would like to see a similar partisan atmosphere created against Wigan as the one which greeted another local rival Blackburn Rovers on Boxing Day.

“I think the club is in a fantastic place,” he said. “I’ve never experience an atmosphere like we had at the Macron on Boxing Day.

“The fans can tell we’re going well and hopefully they can keep supporting us.

“We need to get back to winning ways now and get some more points on the table because I think this can be a really exciting season.”

Source

I would be amazed if Neil Lennon brought in Powell considering his reputation after the FA Cup Semi-Final. Bad for morale.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum