Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton skipper Matt Mills could have played his last game

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers captain Matt Mills could miss the last two games of the season after being struck down by a mystery condition.

The defender, who was already nursing an ankle problem, has been complaining of dizzy spells which have left him unable to train properly.

Mills will almost certainly miss Monday’s trip to Bournemouth – one of his former clubs – and may yet be unavailable for the season finale at home to Birmingham City.

Out of contract in the summer, there is even the possibility the 28-year-old has played his last game for Wanderers, with no ground made on contract talks this week.

Neil Lennon is concerned that Mills, who has made 41 appearances for the club this season, may not be in the right condition to play after reporting light-headedness during the week.

“We’re not too sure Millsy is going to make it,” he told The Bolton News.

“I think it might be a touch of vertigo. Every time he turns his head to the right he seems to feel a little bit dizzy.

“I don’t know the ins and out of it. I always thought vertigo was when you were scared of heights. But apparently you can get dizzy spells as well.

“We’ll keep an eye on him just in case.”

Another absentee on Monday will be Josh Vela, who has now been ruled out of the final two games of the campaign with a groin problem.

“There’s no point pushing him to the point of breaking down again,” Lennon added.

The club also confirmed that Paddy McCarthy has travelled back for treatment at Crystal Palace after sustaining ankle ligament damage in a heavy challenge during last weekend’s 2-2 draw at Brentford.

“It might be ankle ligament damage from the ferocity of the tackle,” Lennon said. “It was fully committed from both players and there was nothing sinister about it. In fact, it’s the sort of tackle you don’t see very often these days.

“I think he’s just come out on the other side of it with twisted ligaments.”

With three defensive options missing, Lennon has a few big calls to make in defence at Bournemouth.

Oscar Threlkeld, Dorian Dervite, Tim Ream and Dean Moxey are the only fit defenders available for the trip, and all four could be called upon if the manager decides to stick with the back four which worked well at Griffin Park.

Moxey has recovered from a bruised knee, while Mark Davies has also come through training unscathed this week – raising hopes he could start a game for the first time since November.

Source

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Bolton skipper Matt Mills could have played his last game

Fingers Crossed!!!!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum