Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wigan defender James Perch praises Adam Bogdan and Zach Clough after FA Cup defeat

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wigan defender James Perch rued Adam Bogdan’s second-half heroics as his side crashed out of the FA Cup at the Macron Stadium.

With Bogdan back in goal for Wanderers for the first time since August, he showed no signs of ring-rustiness with a pair of magnificent second-half saves from Adam Forshaw and Shaun Maloney to preserve a clean sheet.

Perch also picked out debutant Zach Clough as a difference maker on the day, although he reckons Latics fans will have few complaints with their side’s performance.

“It was a good local derby,” he said. “The last couple of times we have let them down but the supporters clapped us off at the end because I think they saw the way we played in the second half and the chances we created and they appreciated it and we appreciate them in return.

“I think that’s why you saw the same team we put out last week. It’s important to win and get momentum and get used to winning again. I think we put in a great effort but unfortunately they got the winning goal.

“In the second half their keeper has made a couple of saves and it’s just not going our way at the moment with the goals but we will keep going and they will come.

“If it had ended 0-0 you would probably have said it was a fair result. They nicked it and credit to them. It was a great goal from the young kid who I thought was brilliant today and we have to move onto the next one.

Wigan can now focus solely on their fight to avoid relegation in the Championship – but Perch is convinced they have the quality to survive.

“We won’t doubt ourselves that we are going to get out of it,” he said. “You have always got to have that confidence and belief in yourself and that’s what we’ve got who all believe we can do it and we will.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum