Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Books.

+22
sunlight
DEANO82
Sluffy
wessy
gloswhite
Bwfc1958
Chairmanda
Cajunboy
karlypants
Lard Lad
Bollotom2014
Bread2.0
finlaymcdanger
Norpig
wanderlust
xmiles
Keegan
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
Mr Magoo
Reebok Trotter
okocha
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Go down  Message [Page 16 of 16]

301Books. - Page 16 Empty Re: Books. Mon Feb 19 2024, 19:44

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:
I'm definitely in the 'love them' camp. He's got a style of writing I really like and the characters are great. Right up your street I reckon Boncey.
Deffo give them a go. Got to be better than the shite we get on telly these days.

302Books. - Page 16 Empty Re: Books. Mon Feb 19 2024, 20:14

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

boltonbonce wrote:
Deffo give them a go. Got to be better than the shite we get on telly these days.
You're not wrong. I can't believe people sit around watching the Masked Singer and pissing love islandĀ  :facepalm:

I've taken to watching re-runs of Randall and Hopkirk, can't go wrong with thatĀ  Smile

303Books. - Page 16 Empty Re: Books. Mon Feb 19 2024, 20:14

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

I bet KP watches love island and the Masked Singer...

304Books. - Page 16 Empty Re: Books. Mon Feb 19 2024, 20:30

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I bet he dresses up like his favourite Masked Singer!

305Books. - Page 16 Empty Re: Books. Mon Feb 19 2024, 20:31

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:I bet KP watches love island and the Masked Singer...
Oh yes.
Kenneth Cope once filmed a whole episode of R&H with his wig on back to front. Very Happy

306Books. - Page 16 Empty Re: Books. Mon Feb 19 2024, 21:06

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I've read three of the Osman books and will probably read the rest although I have had the next one in the series sat on the shelf since well before Christmas.

They are easy to read and likeable but they aren't in the category of the great detective stories - not for me any way.

If anyone wanted some serious reading I would recommended The Secret Barrister series - probably the third book in the series 'Nothing but the Truth' is the easiest of the three to read - and if you like that one, then you can always go back and read the first two.

Basically it is written by a real life Barrister telling us how the court system is broken -

As I say it isn't an easy read but it certainly opens your eyes up to the failings of the judicial system in practice.

The link below is to the first book in the series and the book basically takes you through the authors legal career from their start to when the book was written.

The second book is more like a legal text book review on various cases, but the book I suggest you read is the third in the series that basically goes through cases that the author has worked on and the failings they've faced first hand.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_Barrister

307Books. - Page 16 Empty Re: Books. Mon Feb 19 2024, 21:18

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyone who likes classic golden age detective fiction, but wants a change from Agatha Christie, should have a look at some of the long out of print reissues. It's a treasure trove.
And dirt cheap on Kindle.
https://blogs.bl.uk/living-knowledge/2017/09/the-mysterious-pleasures-of-golden-age-detective-fiction.html

308Books. - Page 16 Empty Re: Books. Mon Feb 19 2024, 23:13

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Are you still driving them big white vans 58?

I hear Yodel is up for sale. I hope you are not affected by it mate. Smile

309Books. - Page 16 Empty Re: Books. Mon Feb 19 2024, 23:30

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Are you still driving them big white vans 58?

I hear Yodel is up for sale. I hope you are not affected by it mate. Smile
Yodel national distribution hub is in Risley, not far from where we live. I believe they've been taken over by YDLGP.

310Books. - Page 16 Empty Re: Books. Tue Feb 20 2024, 10:11

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

boltonbonce wrote:
Yodel national distribution hub is in Risley, not far from where we live. I believe they've been taken over by YDLGP.
Indeed I am KP. I actually used to do deliveries for yodel, both house to house and in bulk to the delivery drivers themselves. I didn't last long, wasn't for me that job. I actually delivered things on time and in one piece so I didn't really fit in there.

311Books. - Page 16 Empty Re: Books. Tue Feb 20 2024, 10:17

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
Indeed I am KP. I actually used to do deliveries for yodel, both house to house and in bulk to the delivery drivers themselves. I didn't last long, wasn't for me that job. I actually delivered things on time and in one piece so I didn't really fit in there.

Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum