Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Medo Kamara officially loaned to Maccabi Haifa

+2
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Medo Kamara has officially joined Israeli club Maccabi Haifa on a loan deal that will run until the end of the season.

The Sierra Leone international has made a total of six appearances for Bolton this season, with his last outing coming in the Capital One Cup defeat away at Chelsea back in September.

Medo will now link up with the 12-time Israeli champions for the remainder of the current campaign.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He won't be missed. Not one for a fight in January.

Natasha Whittam wrote:He won't be missed. Not one for a fight in January.

Clueless. 

A scrap is one thing Medo is good for, Lennon just wants a bit more physical presence than him or Spearing can offer.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:He won't be missed. Not one for a fight in January.
100% agree.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

Clueless. 

A scrap is one thing Medo is good for, Lennon just wants a bit more physical presence than him or Spearing can offer.

Serious question, have you ever seen him play? He has never won a midfield battle in his BWFC life. If he was a battler there is no way Lennon wouldn't have given him a chance.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i am surprised Lennon didn't even give him a go, he's a better player than Trotter for example, but if he's on good money and it means we can bring in someone more creative then so be it.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:i am surprised Lennon didn't even give him a go, he's a better player than Trotter for example, but if he's on good money and it means we can bring in someone more creative then so be it.

I would be absolutely gobsmacked if Lennon's team didn't give him every opportunity in training. My theory is that his legs are too stumpy...

I've seen him play and he's defensively effective if he can get to the ball, but not to put too fine a point on it - he has short legs (as has Spearing) - so he can't even get into challenges that the likes of Trotter and Pratley do.

Both Spearing and Medo are probably better than Trotter and Pratley when it comes to distribution (Spearing's recent radar malfunction apart) and I reckon T & P are better at getting forward to support the attack - more Lennon's game and less of the holding role that Freedman was looking for.

Trotter seems casual, but the fact is he can cover more ground, get in more tackles and support attacks better than Medo or Spearing - if only because he's bigger and has longer legs.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlustI would be absolutely gobsmacked if Lennon's team didn't give him every opportunity in training. My theory is that his legs are too stumpy...I've seen him play and he's defensively effective if he can get to the ball, but not to put too fine a point on it - he has short legs (as has Spearing) - so he can't even get into challenges that the likes of Trotter and Pratley do. wrote:
Both Spearing and Medo are probably better than Trotter and Pratley when it comes to distribution (Spearing's recent radar malfunction apart) and I reckon T & P are better at getting forward to support the attack - more Lennon's game and less of the holding role that Freedman was looking for.

Trotter seems casual, but the fact is he can cover more ground, get in more tackles and support attacks better than Medo or Spearing - if only because he's bigger and has longer legs.
 I don't fully agree with you here lusty. My personal opinion is that Trotter simply isn't good enough and never will be. Pratley has been a revelation since Neil came in but Trotter still looks a bit disinterested and even slow to me. 

That said I do agree that Neil and the coaching staff would have given Medo every possible chance to show he has something to offer in training. It's also (in my opinion) entirely possible that they wanted him to play but he wants away so he was kept out of the squad to avoid getting injured because Neil would want to free up his wages for someone else ASAP. 

Does anyone know if some sort of deal has been struck for Kamara to move permanently in the summer? Or is he out of contract then?

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
wanderlustI would be absolutely gobsmacked if Lennon's team didn't give him every opportunity in training. My theory is that his legs are too stumpy...I've seen him play and he's defensively effective if he can get to the ball, but not to put too fine a point on it - he has short legs (as has Spearing) - so he can't even get into challenges that the likes of Trotter and Pratley do. wrote:

I don't fully agree with you here lusty. My personal opinion is that Trotter simply isn't good enough and never will be. Pratley has been a revelation since Neil came in but Trotter still looks a bit disinterested and even slow to me. 

That said I do agree that Neil and the coaching staff would have given Medo every possible chance to show he has something to offer in training. It's also (in my opinion) entirely possible that they wanted him to play but he wants away so he was kept out of the squad to avoid getting injured because Neil would want to free up his wages for someone else ASAP. 

Does anyone know if some sort of deal has been struck for Kamara to move permanently in the summer? Or is he out of contract then?
according to his first interview for his new club he wanted to stay with us and wants, he never wanted to go out on loan and expects to be back and fighting for his place in the summer.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hi Peter Smile

Medo signed a 3 and a half year deal in January 2013 so he will have 1 and a half years left.

As far as I know it's just a loan till the end of the season.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Thanks for that johnny. I haven't seen the interviews etc. I must confess I was surprised to see him go and would personally prefer him to Trotter any day of the week but maybe Neil thinks he needs a break from here to regain form or something.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Thanks karly. I guess it's just a tactical move on the club's part then. Maybe they sent him out to free up the wages for Emile or Eidur. Personally I think we could stand to lose Trotter and a couple of other midfield misfits that DF signed rather than Medo but if Neil thinks this is the way to go I'll back his judgement. He's not got a lot if anything wrong so far.

luckyPeterpiper wrote:Thanks for that johnny. I haven't seen the interviews etc. I must confess I was surprised to see him go and would personally prefer him to Trotter any day of the week but maybe Neil thinks he needs a break from here to regain form or something.

No problem, i hope he gets some good game time and is given a chance in pre season to see if he can find some of the form that had premiership clubs after him at one point.  either way it's win win.  if he does well we have a year of keeping him with us and negotiating a new contract or we sell him on and make a bit of money back.

Obviously there is a chance it could be a bad move for him and then we struggle to get rid of him but at least he will only have a year left on his contract

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:

I remember when United were selling Berbatov or Tevez and there was a big kerfuffle about Tevez going on the grounds that he work rate was so much higher than Berbatov's.

Only it wasn't. When the stats were shared with us it turned out that Berbatov actually did loads more work for the team and made more tackles etc than Tevez or Rooney for that matter - he just looked casual and his languid style belied his effort and mileage. Trotter is no Berbatov but his running style is equally languid making him look slow and lazy.

Would be interesting to see how Trotter and Pratley stack up in the Prozone stats but it wouldn't surprise me if they were both top performers.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

That's a fair point lusty. Appearances can be deceiving but in my opinion Trotter is simply not good enough even when he does have the ball at his feet. I think he's short of the quality we need if we're going to make a serious bid for PL football. It's why I personally would have preferred to see Kamara stay but as I said earlier if Neil feels this is the right move for the club I'll back his judgement. So far the boss has pretty much got everything spot on so I wouldn't be surprised if he's done it again here.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Trotter is no Berbatov but his running style is equally languid making him look slow and lazy.

Because he is slow and lazy. He is fecking useless, how many more games does he need to play before he's sent to Coventry? He was dire against Leeds and was dropped for the next game. Hopefully permanently.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Trotter is no Berbatov but his running style is equally languid making him look slow and lazy.

Because he is slow and lazy. He is fecking useless, how many more games does he need to play before he's sent to Coventry? He was dire against Leeds and was dropped for the next game. Hopefully permanently.

Can't tell if he's slow and lazy or not for the reasons given - as mentioned it would be interesting to see Prozone stats for Trotter. His passing has been poor though.
Spearing looked busy but his passing was also going astray so maybe they are in the same boat. Maybe that one goal has given the impression that Trotter also brings a goalscoring threat to the table?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum