Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Good TV Programmes That Went Crap

+10
scottjames30
Jake McHale
Bwfc1958
Hipster_Nebula
Norpig
Copper Dragon
doffcocker
karlypants
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Good TV Programmes That Went Crap Empty Good TV Programmes That Went Crap Tue Jan 20 2015, 13:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've always loved Two And A Half Men. Funny show, great comedy acting. Say what you want about Charlie Sheen but he could play a womanising drunk to perfection.

When Sheen fell out with the makers of the programme he was replaced by Ashton Kutcher. Everything else stayed the same. Same supporting cast, same writers, same massive show with a huge budget.

Unfortunately the programme has never been the same, and the current series (and thankfully last) is an insult to earlier series that were laugh out loud funny.

What other programmes have started out great but frustratingly gone rubbish?

2Good TV Programmes That Went Crap Empty Re: Good TV Programmes That Went Crap Tue Jan 20 2015, 13:54

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Red Dwarf.

3Good TV Programmes That Went Crap Empty Re: Good TV Programmes That Went Crap Tue Jan 20 2015, 14:00

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

2 pints of lager and a packet of crisps, the last couple of series were shit after the writer Susan Nickson left.

4Good TV Programmes That Went Crap Empty Re: Good TV Programmes That Went Crap Tue Jan 20 2015, 14:03

2 pints of lager and Two and a half men were never good TV shows, the mods are showing dreadful taste here. 

The rest of Dexter never lived up to the first series, I think I'm right in saying that series was based on a novel. It was dark and well worth a watch if anyone hasn't seen it.

5Good TV Programmes That Went Crap Empty Re: Good TV Programmes That Went Crap Tue Jan 20 2015, 14:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:2 pints of lager and Two and a half men were never good TV shows, the mods are showing dreadful taste here. 

The rest of Dexter never lived up to the first series, I think I'm right in saying that series was based on a novel. It was dark and well worth a watch if anyone hasn't seen it.

Shut the fuck up you bellend. I bet you've never watched more than 5 minutes of Two and a Half Men.

Diss my tv programmes, you diss me.

6Good TV Programmes That Went Crap Empty Re: Good TV Programmes That Went Crap Tue Jan 20 2015, 14:13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And you're wrong about Dexter, seasons 2 & 3 were better than the first.

7Good TV Programmes That Went Crap Empty Re: Good TV Programmes That Went Crap Tue Jan 20 2015, 14:13

Wrong, I've seen countless episodes back in my 6th form days on Comedy central. Sheen's antics were mildly funny when I was a teenager, but having seen the odd re run since I've realised what garbage it is.

8Good TV Programmes That Went Crap Empty Re: Good TV Programmes That Went Crap Tue Jan 20 2015, 14:17

Natasha Whittam wrote:And you're wrong about Dexter, seasons 2 & 3 were better than the first.

2 was good, but the first was far better. It got more and more over the top the longer they dragged it out.

Season 3 spoiler:

9Good TV Programmes That Went Crap Empty Re: Good TV Programmes That Went Crap Tue Jan 20 2015, 14:19

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes, because TV has to be believable to be good :facepalm:

10Good TV Programmes That Went Crap Empty Re: Good TV Programmes That Went Crap Tue Jan 20 2015, 14:20

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm halfway into the second series of Dexter. I struggled with it at first, but sort of getting into it now. Still find a bit too American though.

The Royle Family has let itself down massively with the five or so episodes released over the last ten years. The first three series were dry as anything, every episode since has been full of cheap laughs, even cringeworthy in parts.

11Good TV Programmes That Went Crap Empty Re: Good TV Programmes That Went Crap Tue Jan 20 2015, 14:21

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'Miranda' only ran for 3 series,and I thoroughly enjoyed series one. 
The second series was ok,although not nearly as funny.
By the third series it was showing signs of the tired and sloppy writing from which it would never really recover.
The nadir came with the final two over-hyped episodes over Christmas,which were pitiful.

12Good TV Programmes That Went Crap Empty Re: Good TV Programmes That Went Crap Tue Jan 20 2015, 14:25

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

They should have left Open All Hours alone.

I've only seen about 20 minutes of the new one but that was enough.

13Good TV Programmes That Went Crap Empty Re: Good TV Programmes That Went Crap Tue Jan 20 2015, 14:27

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:They should have left Open All Hours alone.

I only lasted 5 minutes.

14Good TV Programmes That Went Crap Empty Re: Good TV Programmes That Went Crap Tue Jan 20 2015, 14:28

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:They should have left Open All Hours alone.

:agree:

15Good TV Programmes That Went Crap Empty Re: Good TV Programmes That Went Crap Tue Jan 20 2015, 14:30

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

At least 'Citizen Khan' can't possibly get any worse.

16Good TV Programmes That Went Crap Empty Re: Good TV Programmes That Went Crap Tue Jan 20 2015, 14:43

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:I'm halfway into the second series of Dexter. I struggled with it at first, but sort of getting into it now. Still find a bit too American though.

I've got news for you, it's made in America by Americans. What were you expecting, Swedish?

17Good TV Programmes That Went Crap Empty Re: Good TV Programmes That Went Crap Tue Jan 20 2015, 14:53

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:And you're wrong about Dexter, seasons 2 & 3 were better than the first.

Only the final season didn't live up to the hype for me, one of my most favourite TV programmes ever and i own all the boxsets.

18Good TV Programmes That Went Crap Empty Re: Good TV Programmes That Went Crap Tue Jan 20 2015, 15:35

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Heroes, Prison Break, How to Make it in America. 24 as well to be honest.

19Good TV Programmes That Went Crap Empty Re: Good TV Programmes That Went Crap Tue Jan 20 2015, 15:48

Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:I'm halfway into the second series of Dexter. I struggled with it at first, but sort of getting into it now. Still find a bit too American though.

I've got news for you, it's made in America by Americans. What were you expecting, Swedish?
I've got news for you is made in America 

well i never

20Good TV Programmes That Went Crap Empty Re: Good TV Programmes That Went Crap Tue Jan 20 2015, 15:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Heroes, Prison Break, How to Make it in America. 24 as well to be honest.

Heroes I agree with, Prison Break not so much. I was hooked on every series. 24 was good for 6 series then went crap. The last one was rubbish.

Incidentally, Freaks and Geeks made the Radio Times 'Top 100 Shows You Must See'. You still owe me £32.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum