Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chelsea and Man City out of the cup

+4
Reebok Trotter
Bwfc1958
Bolton Nuts
BoltonTillIDie
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Chelsea and Man City out of the cup Empty Chelsea and Man City out of the cup Sat Jan 24 2015, 16:58

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chelsea lose 4-2 against Bradford (at home), after being 2-0 to the good.
Manchester City lose 2-0 (at home) against Middlesborough. Looking good for the rest of the teams left in the competition, hopefully we can be one of those teams

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Ruined the highlights show for me thanks!

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Loads of prem teams gone now. Could do with getting through a few more rounds for the cash if nowt else.
People don't give a shit about the FA cup anymore but I love it, especially when underdogs win.
Wanderers took roughly the same amount of fans to Anfield as there was in the whole of Ewood Park yesterday. They were playing a premiership team! I reckon we would get more than that if we played a shitty lower league team.

We did. Against bury........on a weeknight

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a weekend it's been so far. Four of the top six out of the competition. Hopefully Arsenal will follow today! If we do Liverpool in the replay who knows what the next round will produce.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boro were clinical - very professional job and another dominant defensive performance. Bradford were everything we hoped Lennon would make us.

How good did John Stead look against Chelsea?

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

Barb Dwyer wrote:How good did John Stead look against Chelsea?
It's amazing how players can look decidedly average throughout their career and then come up with something special from nowhere.
I've never seen anything of Bristol City's Matt Smith until yesterday but from watching the game against West Ham and the highlights they pulled of him from elsewhere he looks a really good player. A real pain in the arse for defenders, proper big, strong centre forward. I was impressed.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When Lennon goes we should get Phil Parkinson.

10Chelsea and Man City out of the cup Empty Re: Chelsea and Man City out of the cup Mon Jan 26 2015, 10:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:When Lennon goes we should get Phil Parkinson.

Apparently Alan Irvine has already been allotted a parking space.

11Chelsea and Man City out of the cup Empty Re: Chelsea and Man City out of the cup Mon Jan 26 2015, 10:10

Bwfc1958 wrote:
Barb Dwyer wrote:How good did John Stead look against Chelsea?
It's amazing how players can look decidedly average throughout their career and then come up with something special from nowhere.
I've never seen anything of Bristol City's Matt Smith until yesterday but from watching the game against West Ham and the highlights they pulled of him from elsewhere he looks a really good player. A real pain in the arse for defenders, proper big, strong centre forward. I was impressed.
Only other time I can remember seeing Matt Smith play was when he scored two for Oldham against Liverpool a couple of seasons back. Maybe he looked good because Premiership sides aren't use to strikers that put themselves about a bit.

12Chelsea and Man City out of the cup Empty Re: Chelsea and Man City out of the cup Mon Jan 26 2015, 10:42

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's a big lad is Matt Smith. I think he might be 6ft 6 or thereabouts.

13Chelsea and Man City out of the cup Empty Re: Chelsea and Man City out of the cup Mon Jan 26 2015, 11:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:He's a big lad is Matt Smith. I think he might be 6ft 6 or thereabouts.

Can't head straight though - he had 4 or 5 chances to bury one.

14Chelsea and Man City out of the cup Empty Re: Chelsea and Man City out of the cup Mon Jan 26 2015, 11:51

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

wanderlust wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:He's a big lad is Matt Smith. I think he might be 6ft 6 or thereabouts.

Can't head straight though - he had 4 or 5 chances to bury one.
Couple cleared off the line though. Think he was unlucky there.

15Chelsea and Man City out of the cup Empty Re: Chelsea and Man City out of the cup Mon Jan 26 2015, 12:26

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Matt smith will always be a league one player

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum