Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I know we need to let go but..

+6
Reebok_Rebel
largehat
doffcocker
Sluffy
Hipster_Nebula
Lofty_Love
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1I know we need to let go but.. Empty I know we need to let go but.. Thu May 10 2012, 18:33

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

He needs to fuck off..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2I know we need to let go but.. Empty Re: I know we need to let go but.. Thu May 10 2012, 18:34

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We need to move on...

Copyright.

3I know we need to let go but.. Empty Re: I know we need to let go but.. Thu May 10 2012, 18:34

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Gary who?

4I know we need to let go but.. Empty Re: I know we need to let go but.. Thu May 10 2012, 18:37

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Am I reading this right? Dignified words from Gary Megson about Bolton Wanderers Football Club?

Credit where it's due, even though his words are probably empty!

What's sad is that he's never understood that if he'd behaved this way when he was at the club, he'd have bought himself the fans' patience. Look at Clueless!

5I know we need to let go but.. Empty Re: I know we need to let go but.. Thu May 10 2012, 18:42

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I see it as him not trying to come across as a sour bastard like he has, he had no problem slagging us off when he had a job at Wednesday, can't imagine any new potential employees for megson would be impressed if he kept on slagging us off in the press,

Totally hollow words. From a totally hollow man.

6I know we need to let go but.. Empty Re: I know we need to let go but.. Thu May 10 2012, 18:45

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Perhaps he read my post about making him Chief Scout and is building bridges. Colin Harvey is getting on a bit.

7I know we need to let go but.. Empty Re: I know we need to let go but.. Thu May 10 2012, 18:45

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think he'd come back to Bolton in a heartbeart, not that it would ever happen in a million years.

Such is the solidity of the man's face.

8I know we need to let go but.. Empty Re: I know we need to let go but.. Fri May 11 2012, 09:27

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

however much I despise the guy, I do have to grudgingly agree with largehat on this one. I agree he would make a better kind of 'director of football' than a manager - looking after the scouts and the whole 'behind the scenes' bits of everything, leaving somebody else to work with the players and actually coach the team.

you cant really argue that he did have an eye for a player.

he signed cahill, lee and Holden didn't he?

9I know we need to let go but.. Empty Re: I know we need to let go but.. Fri May 11 2012, 09:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If Megson was in charge we wouldn't be moaning about relegation, we'd be moaning about the shit football and finishing 14th.

10I know we need to let go but.. Empty Re: I know we need to let go but.. Fri May 11 2012, 10:49

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:If Megson was in charge we wouldn't be moaning about relegation, we'd be moaning about the shit football and finishing 14th.

You are bloody well right.

11I know we need to let go but.. Empty Re: I know we need to let go but.. Fri May 11 2012, 11:04

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

he signed cahill, lee and Holden didn't he?

Coyle signed Holden as his first transfer, and Cahill and Lee were pretty much the only decent player Megson bought

12I know we need to let go but.. Empty Re: I know we need to let go but.. Fri May 11 2012, 11:06

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And Klasnic as well.

13I know we need to let go but.. Empty Re: I know we need to let go but.. Fri May 11 2012, 11:07

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

He can't even make the starting line up in the team we have now

14I know we need to let go but.. Empty Re: I know we need to let go but.. Fri May 11 2012, 12:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:He can't even make the starting line up in the team we have now

If Coyle had stuck with Klasnic for the season we'd be 10 points better off. Yes, we'd be frustrated with his play, but he'd have snaffled up the chances when they came.

One of the main reasons Coyle has failed so miserably is, with one game to go, he doesn't know who his best striker is.

15I know we need to let go but.. Empty Re: I know we need to let go but.. Fri May 11 2012, 12:33

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

He doesn't know his best side never mind best striker/

He might snot be able to make the starting 11 but still is our leading goal scorer, does make you wonder how many goals he would be on if he's played more games.

16I know we need to let go but.. Empty Re: I know we need to let go but.. Fri May 11 2012, 13:18

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha you seem to have this knack of being a champion of players who aren't in the team. A month ago it was Kevin Davies.

Klasnic is not suited to a 4-5-1 in any way, which is what has been employed for most of the season, out of necessity as our midfield has been so poor in a 4-4-2. This to me, explains his limited opportunities. He's a penalty box player, and not a very mobile, strong or physical one.

17I know we need to let go but.. Empty Re: I know we need to let go but.. Fri May 11 2012, 13:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:
Klasnic is not suited to a 4-5-1 in any way, which is what has been employed for most of the season, out of necessity as our midfield has been so poor in a 4-4-2. This to me, explains his limited opportunities. He's a penalty box player, and not a very mobile, strong or physical one.

Agreed. But it doesn't change the fact that if he'd played every game he'd have 20 goals right now. Even with our crap team, we do create chances from time to time.

18I know we need to let go but.. Empty Re: I know we need to let go but.. Fri May 11 2012, 13:54

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

If Klasnic played for Arsenal he would have 30+ goals easy.....they would create triple the amount of chances ....and most at the feet.
Just another one of those wasted talents who is a little too old now.
As for Ginger ..... we seem to be worse off now, and his signings seem better than OC's for the most part. The football is not any better despite claims to the otherwise. Most of us prefer OC but I think his good personality has us all fooled a tad.... It's not happening on the field .....at the moment.

19I know we need to let go but.. Empty Re: I know we need to let go but.. Fri May 11 2012, 15:13

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I don't agree with the idea that "Megson had an eye for a player".

He made a couple of good signings. The rest (and we're talking over £30m worth, not forgetting a 50% increase in the wage bill) were either bad or just OK.

20I know we need to let go but.. Empty Re: I know we need to let go but.. Fri May 11 2012, 15:36

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I agree with doffcocker, if Megson had such a good eye for a player why do people slag off the high earners that he left with us?

Megson was a joke, and if he had stayed with us we wouldn't be in the premier league.

How do people forget so quickly? his defensive, negative long ball football was terrible, it didn't even work, Stoke and Big sams era show how it should be done, hence the reason we went from a top table club to in a relegation battle.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum