Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I know we need to let go but..

+6
Reebok_Rebel
largehat
doffcocker
Sluffy
Hipster_Nebula
Lofty_Love
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21I know we need to let go but.. - Page 2 Empty Re: I know we need to let go but.. Fri May 11 2012, 15:42

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:

Megson was a joke, and if he had stayed with us we wouldn't be in the premier league.

How do people forget so quickly?

I haven't forgotten, he was awful. But Coyle is worse.

22I know we need to let go but.. - Page 2 Empty Re: I know we need to let go but.. Fri May 11 2012, 15:49

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Also I totally reject this notion of Klasnic being some amazing finisher, yes he is decent, but he wouldn't never score 30+ goals for Arsenal!

Kevin Davies : 30 league apps, 5 goals

Klasnic : 28 league apps, 8 goals

for a guy whos only attribute is his ability to score and is a burden to the team at all other times thats pretty poor..

23I know we need to let go but.. - Page 2 Empty Re: I know we need to let go but.. Fri May 11 2012, 15:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:Also I totally reject this notion of Klasnic being some amazing finisher, yes he is decent, but he wouldn't never score 30+ goals for Arsenal!

Kevin Davies : 30 league apps, 5 goals

Klasnic : 28 league apps, 8 goals

for a guy whos only attribute is his ability to score and is a burden to the team at all other times thats pretty poor..

How many sitters has Klasnic missed?

24I know we need to let go but.. - Page 2 Empty Re: I know we need to let go but.. Fri May 11 2012, 16:00

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

How many sitter do we get?

25I know we need to let go but.. - Page 2 Empty Re: I know we need to let go but.. Fri May 11 2012, 16:11

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

When Klasnic has got time to think about it, his finishing is actually rubbish!

Away at Spurs in the cup, he was through on goal and put it in the side netting. The commentator made out that Klasnic never misses. Actually, he does! Not as often as any of our other strikers, but he's not lethal enough to justify his place in the side!

If people think that if he got a decent run in the side, he'd be banging them in weekly, well take a look at his run in the side earlier in the season when he went 8 without scoring.

26I know we need to let go but.. - Page 2 Empty Re: I know we need to let go but.. Fri May 11 2012, 16:22

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:How many sitter do we get?

I reckon Ngog has missed more sitters in the last 4 games than Klasnic has missed all season.

27I know we need to let go but.. - Page 2 Empty Re: I know we need to let go but.. Fri May 11 2012, 16:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:When Klasnic has got time to think about it, his finishing is actually rubbish!

Away at Spurs in the cup, he was through on goal and put it in the side netting. The commentator made out that Klasnic never misses. Actually, he does! Not as often as any of our other strikers, but he's not lethal enough to justify his place in the side!

If people think that if he got a decent run in the side, he'd be banging them in weekly, well take a look at his run in the side earlier in the season when he went 8 without scoring.

You need to take the season as a whole. He's scored 8 despite starting less than half our games. If he'd started every game he'd have scored 20 goals. And that would have kept us up.

28I know we need to let go but.. - Page 2 Empty Re: I know we need to let go but.. Fri May 11 2012, 16:32

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:

You need to take the season as a whole. He's scored 8 despite starting less than half our games. If he'd started every game he'd have scored 20 goals.

There's no way you can make that assumption. If his goals were spread out over the season, then it might be fair to assume he would have applied the same sort of ratio over a full season. But you can't make that assumption with a player that scores 3 in 3 and then zero in eight.

I won't even get started on the assumption that if he'd played and scored the number of goals you assume he would have, we'd have necessarily stayed up.

(a synonym for the verb to assume anyone?)

29I know we need to let go but.. - Page 2 Empty Re: I know we need to let go but.. Fri May 11 2012, 16:37

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:

I won't even get started on the assumption that if he'd played and scored the number of goals you assume he would have, we'd have necessarily stayed up.

Ha ha, any team with a 20 goal striker would stay up. ANd you know it.

30I know we need to let go but.. - Page 2 Empty Re: I know we need to let go but.. Fri May 11 2012, 16:38

If we had a 20 goal striker we'd be top 10.

31I know we need to let go but.. - Page 2 Empty Re: I know we need to let go but.. Fri May 11 2012, 16:46

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:

Ha ha, any team with a 20 goal striker would stay up. ANd you know it.

21 goalscorer Andy Johnson springs straight to mind. Crystal Palace, 2004-2005.

32I know we need to let go but.. - Page 2 Empty Re: I know we need to let go but.. Fri May 11 2012, 16:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:

How many years ago is that? I'm talking right now in the shitest PL of all time.

33I know we need to let go but.. - Page 2 Empty Re: I know we need to let go but.. Fri May 11 2012, 17:00

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:

How many years ago is that? I'm talking right now in the shitest PL of all time.

Sorry, I forgot to consider the time value of goals.

34I know we need to let go but.. - Page 2 Empty Re: I know we need to let go but.. Fri May 11 2012, 17:41

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

We'd have had to have stuck with 4-4-2 for the whole season to accommodate Klasnic. Even if Natasha is correct, that's 12 more goals in at one end, but how many more shipped at the other?

35I know we need to let go but.. - Page 2 Empty Re: I know we need to let go but.. Fri May 11 2012, 18:32

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Klas has lost interest now. He will be gone soon and I don't blame him. I still believe he would have scored a boat load for Arsenal .... they played that donkey Bentnar for years ....
Anyway a striker has to play regularly to get match sharp ..... off the bench all the time wears thin. Anyway it doesn't matter now. Sunday will be his last appearance in a Bolton Shirt.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum