Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

For the good of the team....

+5
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
Copper Dragon
karlypants
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1For the good of the team.... Empty For the good of the team.... Wed Feb 11 2015, 17:48

Evening all,

After last night's car park experiment appeared to provide conclusive proof that my watching / listening to / even just participating in the Chatbox discussion of Bolton games seems to have a negative effect on the team's performance, I have reluctantly concluded that I have a responsibility to everybody else to try and get us promoted by avoiding the games and doing something else instead.

(And I'm not making any of this up - the evidence speaks for itself: 

I haven't been to an away game for years but I go against Rotherham and we ship 4 goals inside an hour.
I leave the ground and we suddenly buck up and score 2.

Against Derby five days ago, we're happily drawing, I log into the Chatbox, it all turns to shit immediately, Derby score 3 goals in 8 minutes and we lose 4-1. 

Then last night happened. We looked like we were heading for a draw, I logged off and went and stood in the car park for the last ten minutes and we scored within 75 seconds. Then we scored again and won the game comfortably....)

So......

What would you like me to do for the Watford game to ensure we get the win?

I'll consider anything within reason but I'm not doing anything illegal and / or involving domestic livestock.

Have at it.

2For the good of the team.... Empty Re: For the good of the team.... Wed Feb 11 2015, 17:58

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Maybe take a trip to longstanton spice museum and see if that helps? Very Happy

3For the good of the team.... Empty Re: For the good of the team.... Wed Feb 11 2015, 18:00

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

You could go and watch Wigan?

4For the good of the team.... Empty Re: For the good of the team.... Wed Feb 11 2015, 18:01

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You're clearly a 'Jonah' of epic proportions,
2 minutes before the  KO of each of our remaining games,I suggest you watch this on a loop.
It'll take your mind off everything,and is not 'Brucie' related.
I myself find it quite terrifying.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

5For the good of the team.... Empty Re: For the good of the team.... Wed Feb 11 2015, 18:25

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:

Surely the long term answer is suicide?

Shit fan if you don't.

6For the good of the team.... Empty Re: For the good of the team.... Wed Feb 11 2015, 18:28

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Breadman wrote:

Surely the long term answer is suicide?

Shit fan if you don't.

:nono:

7For the good of the team.... Empty Re: For the good of the team.... Wed Feb 11 2015, 18:31

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Write an article for nuts. Smile

8For the good of the team.... Empty Re: For the good of the team.... Wed Feb 11 2015, 18:34

Thanks.

KP - I'll get Lynn to book me a ticket and may well consider it next time we play Norwich or Ipswich.

Copps - We've already dismissed that idea (I was going to start going to Ewood) because we decided that Karma would probably then decide to resurrect Uncle Jack from the dead and they'd become all successful again and nobody wants that.

And Boncey......that bloke looks like a sex pest so there's no way I'm letting him hypnotise me. Not after what happened the last time. Even now, if I hear someone counting backwards from ten, I start to feel drowsy and develop a stabbing pain up my chuff. No thanks......

9For the good of the team.... Empty Re: For the good of the team.... Wed Feb 11 2015, 18:36

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Write an article for nuts. Smile

Give me a subject mate and I'll do it.

:like:

10For the good of the team.... Empty Re: For the good of the team.... Wed Feb 11 2015, 18:36

Go on a Nottingham Forest forum and extol the virtues of young Douglas.

11For the good of the team.... Empty Re: For the good of the team.... Wed Feb 11 2015, 18:54

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
BoltonTillIDie wrote:Write an article for nuts. Smile

Give me a subject mate and I'll do it.

:like:

Erm...Bolton Wanderers Smile

Your thoughts on Lennon and the team. The loan signings. Add a bit of your humour and we'll be in for a cracking read.

12For the good of the team.... Empty Re: For the good of the team.... Wed Feb 11 2015, 19:00

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fantastic idea BTID! Smile

Breadders it would be great if you could type an article out for either me or BTID to publish which would be put up on newsnow and make you possibly famous to other Boltonians! Very Happy

13For the good of the team.... Empty Re: For the good of the team.... Wed Feb 11 2015, 19:11

I'll see what I can do.

Although I'm not sure I want to be famous amongst other Boltonians. 

Look what it's done to Whittam.......

14For the good of the team.... Empty Re: For the good of the team.... Wed Feb 11 2015, 19:16

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't show us up.
Some of us have a reputation to maintain.

15For the good of the team.... Empty Re: For the good of the team.... Wed Feb 11 2015, 19:16

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Am I the unluckiest fan in the world?

That could be your title, just tell your story, make it funny - and put in a lot of name checks to the 'Bolton Nuts' community.

Simple - job done - can't wait to read it!

16For the good of the team.... Empty Re: For the good of the team.... Wed Feb 11 2015, 19:24

Why do I feel like I've just been fleeced......?

This is like the time I wound up buying that timeshare apartment in Narvik.

I only went to the presentation because they promised free butties.

I don't even know where bloody Narvik is.....

17For the good of the team.... Empty Re: For the good of the team.... Wed Feb 11 2015, 19:26

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

It's between North Narvik and South Narvik.

Hope the butties were good.

18For the good of the team.... Empty Re: For the good of the team.... Wed Feb 11 2015, 19:51

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Why do I feel like I've just been fleeced......?

This is like the time I wound up buying that timeshare apartment in Narvik.

I only went to the presentation because they promised free butties.

I don't even know where bloody Narvik is.....

Smile

19For the good of the team.... Empty Re: For the good of the team.... Wed Feb 11 2015, 21:12

Bolton Nuts

Admin

We could have you put down Breadman. I know a dodgey vet. (see another thread)

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

20For the good of the team.... Empty Re: For the good of the team.... Wed Feb 11 2015, 21:17

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie, I think we all should put you down if you don't get an avatar!

Not having one is like being naked and we all don't want that! 

Just because you can't match my beauty is no excuse! Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum