Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mars, Venus & The Moon.

+6
scottjames30
Keegan
Bwfc1958
Hipster_Nebula
boltonbonce
wanderlust
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Mars, Venus & The Moon. Empty Mars, Venus & The Moon. Mon Feb 23 2015, 15:56

If anybody's interested, if it's clear tonight, you should be able to see Mars and Venus quite well with the naked eye, quite close together looking South West.

As a reference point, if you look at the Moon between 6 and 7 pm, they're the two bright lights just down a bit and to the right.

The view was actually better on Friday night but I got pissed and forgot to post about it, but it should still be worth seeing tonight.

(If you're a nerd like me, that is.)

2Mars, Venus & The Moon. Empty Re: Mars, Venus & The Moon. Mon Feb 23 2015, 16:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:If anybody's interested, if it's clear tonight, you should be able to see Mars and Venus quite well with the naked eye, quite close together looking South West.

As a reference point, if you look at the Moon between 6 and 7 pm, they're the two bright lights just down a bit and to the right.

The view was actually better on Friday night but I got pissed and forgot to post about it, but it should still be worth seeing tonight.

(If you're a nerd like me, that is.)

Is Venus very large and full of gas like Uranus?

3Mars, Venus & The Moon. Empty Re: Mars, Venus & The Moon. Mon Feb 23 2015, 16:07

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:

The view was actually better on Friday night but I got pissed and forgot to post about it
The spirit of Patrick Moore lives on.
A decent pair of binoculars will do for me. A small hip flask may be needed.

4Mars, Venus & The Moon. Empty Re: Mars, Venus & The Moon. Mon Feb 23 2015, 16:28

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Had a fantastic view of Jupiter last night but sadly a lot of cloud cover around the moon, couldn't see Venus or Mars.

5Mars, Venus & The Moon. Empty Re: Mars, Venus & The Moon. Mon Feb 23 2015, 16:30

This is like being back at school again.....

Being picked on by the cool kids.

And Bonce.... Very Happy

6Mars, Venus & The Moon. Empty Re: Mars, Venus & The Moon. Mon Feb 23 2015, 16:48

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Don't worry bread. I like this stuff. I'll be having a look later and I'm cool as fuck me Very Happy

7Mars, Venus & The Moon. Empty Re: Mars, Venus & The Moon. Mon Feb 23 2015, 16:51

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good old Patrick Moore. Had a lengthy correspondence with him in the 70's that very often took a bizarre turn.
Answered every letter he received personally on his battered old typewriter,and we'll certainly never see his like again.

8Mars, Venus & The Moon. Empty Re: Mars, Venus & The Moon. Mon Feb 23 2015, 19:12

Bwfc1958 wrote:Don't worry bread. I like this stuff. I'll be having a look later and I'm cool as fuck me Very Happy

Good man 58.  :like:

Just a shame it's cloudy and pissing down......

It's not easy this being a scientist lark.

9Mars, Venus & The Moon. Empty Re: Mars, Venus & The Moon. Mon Feb 23 2015, 19:17

boltonbonce wrote:Good old Patrick Moore. Had a lengthy correspondence with him in the 70's that very often took a bizarre turn.
Answered every letter he received personally on his battered old typewriter,and we'll certainly never see his like again.

Is there anybody on telly that you haven't stalked at one time or another?

Where were you when Jill Dando kopped it....?

Shocked

10Mars, Venus & The Moon. Empty Re: Mars, Venus & The Moon. Mon Feb 23 2015, 19:26

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ken Dodd is in hiding.
I could tell you a few things,believe me.
Diddy men my arse.

11Mars, Venus & The Moon. Empty Re: Mars, Venus & The Moon. Mon Feb 23 2015, 20:11

boltonbonce wrote:
Diddy men my arse.

It's shouting that, that got him in trouble with the Operation Yewtree lot.......allegedly.

12Mars, Venus & The Moon. Empty Re: Mars, Venus & The Moon. Mon Feb 23 2015, 20:16

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
Diddy men my arse.

It's shouting that, that got him in trouble with the Operation Yewtree lot.......allegedly.
Never.
He was too busy trying to fuck the tax man

13Mars, Venus & The Moon. Empty Re: Mars, Venus & The Moon. Mon Feb 23 2015, 20:18

:rofl:

Can't top that!

14Mars, Venus & The Moon. Empty Re: Mars, Venus & The Moon. Mon Feb 23 2015, 20:28

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I saw Venus.
Mars, Venus & The Moon. 8106077209_12bbd7628c_z

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

15Mars, Venus & The Moon. Empty Re: Mars, Venus & The Moon. Mon Feb 23 2015, 20:36

Looks like she's only got one cock too.........

16Mars, Venus & The Moon. Empty Re: Mars, Venus & The Moon. Mon Feb 23 2015, 20:56

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Quality scary space alien stuff.

17Mars, Venus & The Moon. Empty Re: Mars, Venus & The Moon. Mon Feb 23 2015, 21:04

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Where is the moon?

18Mars, Venus & The Moon. Empty Re: Mars, Venus & The Moon. Mon Feb 23 2015, 21:14

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:Where is the moon?
There.
Mars, Venus & The Moon. Fingersmoon

19Mars, Venus & The Moon. Empty Re: Mars, Venus & The Moon. Mon Feb 23 2015, 21:20

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thats not the real moon, thats someone with a torch pissing about, i think i can see the Star of gabriel, its ok, and a shooting star Just flew past, and someting with the NASA logo on the side, Don't know what that was.

20Mars, Venus & The Moon. Empty Re: Mars, Venus & The Moon. Mon Feb 23 2015, 21:31

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

scottjames30 wrote:Thats not the real moon, thats someone with a torch pissing about, i think i can see the Star of gabriel, its ok, and a shooting star Just flew past, and someting with the NASA logo on the side, Don't know what that was.

It's a recruitment campaign -

NASA = Need Another Seven Astronauts.

Mars, Venus & The Moon. 1

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum