Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-0 Millwall

+9
karlypants
scottjames30
terenceanne
Keegan
Norpig
boltonbonce
Bwfc1958
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Bolton 2-0 Millwall Empty Bolton 2-0 Millwall Fri Mar 13 2015, 10:16

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thought I'd start a belated prediction thread seeing as we're all so depressed about the Rovers game, nobody else could be arsed.

Over the season to date there's nothing to suggest that any of the bottom three could catch us but it's not unheard of for a struggling team to go on a late run and save themselves - and with a new manager, that team could be Millwall.
We certainly don't want to give them any encouragement.

We need to forget the injury problems and forget our dire performances and league position and make this one our cup final so we can put our relegation fears to rest once and for all.

Hate to say this, but anything less than all three points would be a huge setback and will only serve to pile on the pressure during the upcoming tough run in.

2-1 to us.

2Bolton 2-0 Millwall Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Millwall Fri Mar 13 2015, 10:23

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We'll stay up even if we don't win another point.

Even so, should win this one. 1-0 to us.

3Bolton 2-0 Millwall Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Millwall Fri Mar 13 2015, 11:29

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Even if we somehow managed to lose this game I don't think we would go down. Having said that, even with Holloway gone, Millwall are shit, so we'll win this one. 2-0 Bolton.

4Bolton 2-0 Millwall Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Millwall Fri Mar 13 2015, 12:09

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

3-0 Whites. Don't think even we can cock this one up.

5Bolton 2-0 Millwall Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Millwall Fri Mar 13 2015, 13:25

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

it is a must win, we need to pick up points from the teams around us now to make sure we don't get sucked into a nervous last month.

6Bolton 2-0 Millwall Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Millwall Fri Mar 13 2015, 13:26

Natasha Whittam wrote:We'll stay up even if we don't win another point.

Even so, should win this one. 1-0 to us.
Has Hell has just frozen over

7Bolton 2-0 Millwall Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Millwall Fri Mar 13 2015, 15:14

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

We'll win by 2 goals.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

8Bolton 2-0 Millwall Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Millwall Fri Mar 13 2015, 16:35

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Manager confirms on-loan Manchester United goalkeeper to start the weekend's game at Macron Stadium
Ben Amos is set to continue in goal for Bolton Wanderers in the weekend’s Sky Bet Championship game against Millwall, Neil Lennon has confirmed.

The on-loan Manchester United stopper has started in the last four games following injuries to Andrew Lonergan and Adam Bogdan.

And despite both goalkeepers now returning to full training, Lennon has been impressed with deputy Amos who he says will feature against Millwall this weekend.

“We’ve no real reason to change it,” the manager said at his pre-match press conference. “Andy was on the bench on Wednesday night and he will remain there, because Ben has been very good for us.

“We’re very happy with Ben’s performances, and with Adam not too far away now we’ll soon have a decision to make over three goalkeepers.”

Read more at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

9Bolton 2-0 Millwall Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Millwall Fri Mar 13 2015, 20:08

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

1-1  We have stopped scoring goals and Millwall will want it more than us I feel. So smells like a draw to me.

10Bolton 2-0 Millwall Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Millwall Fri Mar 13 2015, 20:12

I agree with Tezza.

We should beat these easily, so the pressure will be on to produce.

And we all know we don't deal well with pressure at the mo, so I'm going for a scabby draw.

We're at home so we will score but they've got a new gaffer, so they'll be up for it.

1-1.

11Bolton 2-0 Millwall Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Millwall Fri Mar 13 2015, 20:18

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think they could come out and batter us, on the other hand they're shit so we could batter them, but come to think about it we couldn't batter anyone, not even Chorley so its a 50/50 one this, they have a new manager and our manager has given up on the season so it really could go either way.

Mmmmmm.

12Bolton 2-0 Millwall Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Millwall Fri Mar 13 2015, 21:19

6 -1 to us

13Bolton 2-0 Millwall Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Millwall Fri Mar 13 2015, 21:20

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:6 -1 to us
I'll have what he's having.

14Bolton 2-0 Millwall Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Millwall Fri Mar 13 2015, 21:20

boltonbonce wrote:
Pepsi max and dairy milk Smile

15Bolton 2-0 Millwall Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Millwall Fri Mar 13 2015, 21:22

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
I've only got Irn Bru.
But I've got a chunky KitKat.
Close enough. Very Happy

16Bolton 2-0 Millwall Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Millwall Fri Mar 13 2015, 21:25

boltonbonce wrote:
y2johnny wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
I've only got Irn Bru.
But I've got a chunky KitKat.
Close enough. Very Happy
Youll do for me cocker Smile

17Bolton 2-0 Millwall Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Millwall Sat Mar 14 2015, 01:47

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I feel like Lonners in goal and Bannan on the pitch or at least available for the pitch is better than Bannan dropped and Amos in goal. Amos in goal is the defensive option - which, given how poorly we defend, is understandable. I think this current iteration of the Whites needs a couple of goals to the good to see out a game.

18Bolton 2-0 Millwall Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Millwall Sat Mar 14 2015, 10:07

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preview: Bolton v Millwall

SETTING THE SCENE

Bolton Wanderers host Millwall on Saturday, looking to bounce back from their last-minute derby defeat away at Blackburn Rovers in midweek.

However, having seen Lions legend Neil Harris replace Ian Holloway as manager earlier in the week, relegation-threatened Millwall will be desperate to start his for now temporary reign with a positive result as they look to avoid the drop.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Having lost just once at Macron Stadium in the league since Neil Lennon’s appointment as manager, the Whites will be hoping to once again make home advantage count.

TEAM NEWS

Manager Neil Lennon has confirmed that Ben Amos is likely to continue in goal despite Adam Bogdan (ankle) and Andrew Lonergan (concussion) both resuming full training last week, while Emile Heskey (knock) is an injury doubt after limping off against Blackburn on Wednesday night.

Meanwhile, Mark Davies (knee) has stepped up his rehabilitation after returning to light training earlier this month but is some weeks away from a first team return.

Max Clayton (knee), Zach Clough (shoulder), Kevin McNaughton (leg), Darren Pratley (hamstring), Marc Tierney (leg) and David Wheater (hamstring) all remain long-term absentees.

LAST MILLWALL XI (v Norwich City, L1-4)

Forde, Dunne, Hooiveld, Harding, Nelson, Williams, Bailey (Tonge 45), Woolford (Gregory 61), Fabbrini, Fuller (O’Brien 65), Taylor-Fletcher.

ONE TO WATCH

One of a number of players to have joined Watford from sister-club Udinese in recent seasons, Diego Fabbrini left the Hornets to sign for Millwall on loan until the end of the season back in January.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The forward started his career with Empoli before signing for Udinese in 2011. He joined Watford after a half-season loan stint with Palermo, but returned to Italy to sign for Siena on loan six months later.

A full Italy international, Fabbrini made his debut for the Azzurri against England in August 2012.

LAST TIME THEY WERE HERE (Bolton 3-1 Millwall, 9 November 2013)

Bolton Wanderers recorded their first home win of the 2013/14 season with a 3-1 victory over Millwall the last time the Lions made the trip to Macron Stadium.

Boyhood West Ham United fan Rob Hall had opened the scoring for the Whites early on in the game, only to see his effort cancelled out by Jermaine Easter just before the half hour mark.

Not to be deterred however, Bolton hit back through Jermaine Beckford two minutes before the break before Andre Moritz made sure of the points with his first goal for the club a minute from time.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

19Bolton 2-0 Millwall Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Millwall Sat Mar 14 2015, 10:07

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Press Conference:

20Bolton 2-0 Millwall Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Millwall Sat Mar 14 2015, 10:16

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Andy Haines takes charge of Wanderers against Millwall

Andy Haines will oversee Wanderers’ home clash with Millwall this coming Saturday.

The Tyne and Wear based official has officiated Bolton games on three occasions in the past, the last being the Whites' league meeting with Sheffield Wednesday back in September 2014.

Prior to that, he had taken charge of the Trotters' win over Barnsley on Boxing Day 2013 and home victory against Hull City in February 2013.

Alf Greenwood and Matthew Jones will run the line, while Scott Duncan is the fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum