Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-0 Millwall

+9
karlypants
scottjames30
terenceanne
Keegan
Norpig
boltonbonce
Bwfc1958
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41Bolton 2-0 Millwall - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Millwall Sun Mar 15 2015, 21:27

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Champions league, Bayern Munich????, have you been smoking something you should'nt have, or are you just fishing for a slanging match??, wel i aint biting, as far as im cocirned

42Bolton 2-0 Millwall - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Millwall Sun Mar 15 2015, 21:28

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I don't think it was near as bad as people are making out. At least we got to see two excellently taken goals - a class performance from a striker in general actually, which has been a rarity at Bolton for a long time. It would have been interesting if ALF had got his hat-trick. We'd have gone 13 years without one hat-trick, and got two in the same season both from Cardiff loanees.

I also think Gudjonsen had another good game. If you look at his assist for the second goal, you'd never think he was 36 years old. His vision is still superb and he's not easily knocked off the ball. For me, he's turned into virtually the only player we've got that's exciting to watch.

43Bolton 2-0 Millwall - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Millwall Sun Mar 15 2015, 21:33

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Champions league, Bayern Munich????, have you been smoking something you should'nt have, or are you just fishing for a slanging match??, well i aint biting, as far as I'm concerned we were shite, the players were appalling and let the fans the club and themselves down, because even these players are better than that!!!!

44Bolton 2-0 Millwall - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Millwall Sun Mar 15 2015, 21:34

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

God knows what happened there!!!

45Bolton 2-0 Millwall - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Millwall Sun Mar 15 2015, 21:45

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bryan458 wrote:God knows what happened there!!!
That was usually Dougie's post match analysis.

46Bolton 2-0 Millwall - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Millwall Sun Mar 15 2015, 22:03

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Haha yeah!!!

47Bolton 2-0 Millwall - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Millwall Mon Mar 16 2015, 08:21

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

the point i was trying to make Bryan was that your expectations seem a bit unrealistic. We've been on a bad run and have had no confidence and a scrappy win and a clean sheet will do them the world of good.

And no player on the pitch let me down , stop over-reacting

48Bolton 2-0 Millwall - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Millwall Mon Mar 16 2015, 08:59

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's no secret that Lennon wants to rebuild in the summer and has already written off any target other than survival this term so there is plenty of incentive for players to perform to the best of their ability if they want to be part of the squad moving forward.
No player can play to the best of their ability every week, but even so they should be trying.
So if Bryan can differentiate between quality and effort and reckons that the effort side of things is lacking then surely he's perfectly entitled to say so.

49Bolton 2-0 Millwall - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Millwall Mon Mar 16 2015, 09:08

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:It's no secret that Lennon wants to rebuild in the summer and has already written off any target other than survival this term so there is plenty of incentive for players to perform to the best of their ability if they want to be part of the squad moving forward.
No player can play to the best of their ability every week, but even so they should be trying.
So if Bryan can differentiate between quality and effort and reckons that the effort side of things is lacking then surely he's perfectly entitled to say so.

and i'm perfectly entitled to say i disagree with him, i don't quite understand why you feel the need to defend him Lusty.
I've not seen any other poster query the workrate or effort of any of the players on Saturday only Bryan. Yes they can be accused of lacking a bit of quality but certainly not effort.

50Bolton 2-0 Millwall - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Millwall Mon Mar 16 2015, 09:54

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
wanderlust wrote:It's no secret that Lennon wants to rebuild in the summer and has already written off any target other than survival this term so there is plenty of incentive for players to perform to the best of their ability if they want to be part of the squad moving forward.

and i'm perfectly entitled to say i disagree with him,

Quite right Norpig. I'm defending his right to say it partially because he has that right and partially because assessing the effort players put in is an imprecise art without the benefit of Prozone or similar so is very subjective.
Interested in this issue since Manure sold Tevez and kept Berbatov on the basis that Berba had a much higher work rate - although you wouldn't have guessed it from their playing styles. Tevez tore round like a demon possessed whilst Berba looked like he was out for a stroll - and yet Berba covered more ground and put in more tackles.
ATEOTD it's a very subjective matter - until you see the numbers.

51Bolton 2-0 Millwall - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Millwall Mon Mar 16 2015, 09:58

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

ATEOTD? its still early what does this mean? Very Happy

52Bolton 2-0 Millwall - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Millwall Mon Mar 16 2015, 10:55

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bryan458 wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:
bryan458 wrote:2 hours later and I'm still fuming, to put things in context I reckon 11 blind chimps could have handed Millwall their arse!!!!!!!
I really don't get this. We won, kept a clean sheet and no one got injured or sent off. In our current circumstances that's about as good as it gets for us and why someone would be fuming about it baffles me. It was a professional job, perhaps not the sexiest of football but pretty much everything went right and we bagged a comfortable win and three valuabII
If your satisfied with that level of performance/commitment then I'd say your pretty easily pleased, I left the stadium feeling very frustrated, I pay shit loads of money every season and expect a little more effort from players who are much better than they showed, it looked like most of em couldn't be arsed!!!!!!
bryan I would have liked better football when I went to watch us v Blackburn. I left that game seething myself. I do understand where you're coming from because I too think we have a right to expect at least some entertainment in return for our money. However I do think to be seething about Saturday's game is a little unfair under the circumstances. No it wasn't pretty and I'd have liked to see (or at least hear) us passing the ball about and playing with some flair but it got an important job done. 

Right now I think that's about all we can really hope for and expect but make no mistake. ONce our crocks are all back and Neil's had the summer to do what he can in the market I expect, no, I require that we see better and more entertaining football next season. All I'm saying now is that we're very much a patched together work in progress and as such I don't yet expect us to out tiki taka Barcelona. This season is all about getting to the end of it now imo, preferably without any more long term injuries to key players.

53Bolton 2-0 Millwall - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Millwall Mon Mar 16 2015, 10:56

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

At the end of the day

54Bolton 2-0 Millwall - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Millwall Mon Mar 16 2015, 11:11

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:At the end of the day

aaah! sorry couldn't figure that one out, breaders would have a field day with all these abbreviations again Very Happy

55Bolton 2-0 Millwall - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Millwall Tue Mar 17 2015, 01:13

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

last word!!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum