Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Preston - what a dump

+2
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Preston - what a dump Empty Preston - what a dump Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:51 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

according to the BBC news Preston has been found to have the unhealthiest high street in the country, Nat must be so proud  Very Happy

A league table of the "unhealthiest High Streets" has named Preston as the UK's worst offender.
The Royal Society for Public Health assessed 70 areas in the UK according to the types of businesses found there.
Bookmakers, loan shops, tanning salons and fast-food outlets were viewed as having a "negative impact" on public health, while leisure centres and health services were deemed positive.
Shrewsbury, in Shropshire, was named as having the "healthiest" High Street.
The society has called for a limit of 5% of each "unhealthy" type of business on a High Street to avoid saturation.

this got me thinking about Bolton, on the occasions i come back and go through the town centre it's probably not that far behind Preston and gets worse and worse each time.

Because of out of town shopping complexes and the internet it looks like town centre shopping is dying out but what could be done to get people to come back?

2Preston - what a dump Empty Re: Preston - what a dump Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:53 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preston City Centre is a shithole.

I don't live in Preston City Centre.

Norpig - I'm still going to hunt you down and skin you alive.

3Preston - what a dump Empty Re: Preston - what a dump Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:54 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Preston City Centre is a shithole.

I don't live in Preston City Centre.

Norpig - I'm still going to hunt you down and skin you alive.

bait taken Nat, well done Laughing

4Preston - what a dump Empty Re: Preston - what a dump Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:55 pm

Because Norpig has an animal in his user name though this would make you no better than rebel.

just saying

5Preston - what a dump Empty Re: Preston - what a dump Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:56 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

6Preston - what a dump Empty Re: Preston - what a dump Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:57 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

can you delete my double post please KP, i can't seem to do it

7Preston - what a dump Empty Re: Preston - what a dump Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:58 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:can you delete my double post please KP, i can't seem to do it

Sorted. Smile

8Preston - what a dump Empty Re: Preston - what a dump Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:58 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

fast work KP  Very Happy cheers matey

9Preston - what a dump Empty Re: Preston - what a dump Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:01 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:fast work KP  Very Happy cheers matey

No problem. Very Happy

10Preston - what a dump Empty Re: Preston - what a dump Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:08 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

on a  serious note though what can be done to improve Bolton town centre, it is a dump, Bradshawgate used to be rammed at weekends with all the bars doing good business but my mate tells me its dead these days. Couple that with there being no decent places to eat and its in a sorry state.

Hopefully the work being done in the market place with the cinema, bars and restaurants will make a difference but when is that due to open and will it make that big a difference?

11Preston - what a dump Empty Re: Preston - what a dump Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:13 pm

Norpig wrote:on a  serious note though what can be done to improve Bolton town centre, it is a dump, Bradshawgate used to be rammed at weekends with all the bars doing good business but my mate tells me its dead these days. Couple that with there being no decent places to eat and its in a sorry state.

Hopefully the work being done in the market place with the cinema, bars and restaurants will make a difference but when is that due to open and will it make that big a difference?
i picked my Aunty up from near yates' on "black friday" and to me it looked no busier than the average night out about ten years ago.

Most places are the same these days though.  Whatever there is a need for is what will dominate the high street.  and because of the economic climate and all that jazz it is discount stores etc.

It's a shame really, but i can't see it changing much in the way of footfall into the town centre.

12Preston - what a dump Empty Re: Preston - what a dump Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:20 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Most pubs these days in Bolton town centre are just full of piss heads day in day out.

Walked past Yates's on weekday morning and I saw a couple already in there around 10:30am with a bottle of rose wine all to herself!

Business rates need to be lowered a huge amount to entice new businesses into the town centre and you are right Norpig, nowhere decent to eat.

It just says it all really.

When I take the Mrs out, we usually jump on the train and head to Manc as it is so much better in every way and it just takes 15-20mins!

Bolton council needs a whole reshuffle as they are top heavy and needs younger ideas bringing in as well.

13Preston - what a dump Empty Re: Preston - what a dump Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:36 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i'ma actually coming to Bolton this weekend for a night out, a meal in the Retreat on Chorley New Road and then out drinking somewhere, maybe even in town so i'll be able to see how bad it's got.

14Preston - what a dump Empty Re: Preston - what a dump Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:41 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Play it safe and go to The Spinning Mule (Wetherspoon) at Nelson square, it's always packed and has a good atmosphere.

15Preston - what a dump Empty Re: Preston - what a dump Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:49 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i bet not much has changed since i was traipsing up and down Bradshawgate when i still lived in Bolton.

The tradition of having one drink and then moving on seems very strange to my missus and all her Manchester friends as they all tend to meet in one pub and stay put for the night.

16Preston - what a dump Empty Re: Preston - what a dump Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:53 pm

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

karlypants wrote:
Walked past Yates's on weekday morning and I saw a couple already in there around 10:30am with a bottle of rose wine all to herself!

Pfffffftt amateurs.

They are queuing up to get in the Station Hotel in Nelson at 9.15 am (doors open at 9.30).

17Preston - what a dump Empty Re: Preston - what a dump Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:54 pm

Jake McHale

Jake McHale
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

My old man was shagging a woman in preston when i was a kid ,i saw him at it as he'd taken me with him and i had to wait outside, he said dont tell your mum but i did she was'nt bothered, life is strange.

18Preston - what a dump Empty Re: Preston - what a dump Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:56 pm

Jake McHale wrote:My old man was shagging a woman in preston when i was a kid ,i saw him at it as he'd taken me with him and i had to wait outside, he said dont tell your mum but i did she was'nt bothered, life is strange.
You're much more lucid in the mornings aren't you JM Smile

19Preston - what a dump Empty Re: Preston - what a dump Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:57 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:i'ma actually coming to Bolton this weekend for a night out, a meal in the Retreat on Chorley New Road and then out drinking somewhere, maybe even in town so i'll be able to see how bad it's got.

Good, I know where to find you.

20Preston - what a dump Empty Re: Preston - what a dump Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:43 pm

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Loads of slappers in Preston, good night out.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum