Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

top 5 favourite books

+12
Hip Priest
xmiles
scottjames30
Jake McHale
Keegan
finlaymcdanger
karlypants
boltonbonce
okocha
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
Bwfc1958
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41top 5 favourite books - Page 3 Empty Re: top 5 favourite books Fri Jun 26 2015, 13:01

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Although I have a kindle,nothing beats the touch and smell of a book. I've tried many times over the years to part with a few,and failed miserably. 

“You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.” 
― C.S. Lewis.

42top 5 favourite books - Page 3 Empty Re: top 5 favourite books Fri Jun 26 2015, 17:04

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very true is that. The only thing kindle is good for is firewood.

43top 5 favourite books - Page 3 Empty Re: top 5 favourite books Mon Jun 29 2015, 22:29

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Lord of the Rings
Thomas Covenant The Unbeliever vol 1 to 3
Wind in the Willows
Watership Down

44top 5 favourite books - Page 3 Empty Re: top 5 favourite books Wed Jul 08 2015, 10:42

i've decided i am going to read a bit more.  i've got two autobiographies at home that i haven't even opened.  both signed copies too.

With the gaps inbetween work i am normally watching films or tv series but i am seriously running out of things to watch so Chris Jericho and Bret Hart are my first two i will start with.  I prefer Autobiographies so if anyone has any football, wrestling or musician related one's which are good then please let me know.

Ta

45top 5 favourite books - Page 3 Empty Re: top 5 favourite books Wed Jul 08 2015, 10:54

Just read The Phantom of the Open. Even if you don't like golf it's a very funny read. 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/cr/0224083171/s=sd/ref=mw_dp_cr

46top 5 favourite books - Page 3 Empty Re: top 5 favourite books Wed Jul 08 2015, 11:05

I was into rock at college and read a fair few biographies because of it. 

One of my favourites was Slash from Guns n Roses, if you like their music or not the excess makes for a great read I'd really recommend it.

Another favourite of mine was Hendrix, there's loads of bio's on him but Charles R Cross's Room full of mirrors was my favourite.

47top 5 favourite books - Page 3 Empty Re: top 5 favourite books Wed Jul 08 2015, 11:20

bwfc1874 wrote:I was into rock at college and read a fair few biographies because of it. 

One of my favourites was Slash from Guns n Roses, if you like their music or not the excess makes for a great read I'd really recommend it.

Another favourite of mine was Hendrix, there's loads of bio's on him but Charles R Cross's Room full of mirrors was my favourite.
Thanks for that, might start using my tablet and download them on that. Smile

48top 5 favourite books - Page 3 Empty Re: top 5 favourite books Wed Jul 08 2015, 11:21

Barb Dwyer wrote:Just read The Phantom of the Open. Even if you don't like golf it's a very funny read. 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/cr/0224083171/s=sd/ref=mw_dp_cr
not a huge fan of golf, but if it is funny then it my hold my wandering mind Very Happy

49top 5 favourite books - Page 3 Empty Re: top 5 favourite books Wed Jul 08 2015, 11:41

Its a good book, true story about Maurice Flitcroft.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/1547158/Maurice-Flitcroft.html

50top 5 favourite books - Page 3 Empty Re: top 5 favourite books Wed Jul 08 2015, 13:16

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i read a lot of musician autobiographies and music in general i would recommend

Pete Townsend - Who i am
Mark E Smith - Renegade
Shadowplayers - the story of Factory records
Morrisseys autobiography
Bernard Sumner and Peter Hooks autobiographies (just to see the big differences!)

51top 5 favourite books - Page 3 Empty Re: top 5 favourite books Wed Jul 08 2015, 16:21

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I can't be bothered reading books, box sets are far easier.

Nonetheless, the ones that spring to mind from over the years are Fever Pitch, About a Boy and A Long Way Down all by Nick Hornby; Bobby Robson's autobiography and Misery by Stephen King.

52top 5 favourite books - Page 3 Empty Re: top 5 favourite books Wed Jul 08 2015, 16:24

doffcocker wrote:I can't be bothered reading books, box sets are far easier.

Nonetheless, the ones that spring to mind from over the years are Fever Pitch, About a Boy and A Long Way Down all by Nick Hornby; Bobby Robson's autobiography and Misery by Stephen King.

I love nick hornby books. Very surprised you haven't included high fidelity in that list doff

53top 5 favourite books - Page 3 Empty Re: top 5 favourite books Wed Jul 08 2015, 16:26

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

y2johnny wrote:
doffcocker wrote:I can't be bothered reading books, box sets are far easier.

I love nick hornby books. Very surprised you haven't included high fidelity in that list doff

Never got round to that one johnny, but it's in the wardrobe somewhere, will certainly give it a go some day.

54top 5 favourite books - Page 3 Empty Re: top 5 favourite books Wed Jul 08 2015, 16:28

Out of all of them that's my favourite one. It's the reason i love doing to 5 lists of everything Smile

55top 5 favourite books - Page 3 Empty Re: top 5 favourite books Wed Jul 08 2015, 18:50

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

y2johnny wrote:i've decided i am going to read a bit more.  i've got two autobiographies at home that i haven't even opened.  both signed copies too.

With the gaps inbetween work i am normally watching films or tv series but i am seriously running out of things to watch so Chris Jericho and Bret Hart are my first two i will start with.  I prefer Autobiographies so if anyone has any football, wrestling or musician related one's which are good then please let me know.

Ta
Hi y2j, try Floodlit Dreams by Ian Ridley, to my mind, the best football book ever written

56top 5 favourite books - Page 3 Empty Re: top 5 favourite books Wed Jul 08 2015, 18:53

Chairmanda wrote:
y2johnny wrote:i've decided i am going to read a bit more.  i've got two autobiographies at home that i haven't even opened.  both signed copies too.

Ta
Hi y2j, try Floodlit Dreams by Ian Ridley, to my mind, the best football book ever written
thanks manda, will have a look.  waiting for your autobioraohy to come out, "cleggy and me" and i will deffo give that a read Very Happy

57top 5 favourite books - Page 3 Empty Re: top 5 favourite books Wed Jul 08 2015, 20:01

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

most football books are pants but a couple of good ones are the Maradona biography by Jimmy Burns, The Damned Utd and a Brian Clough biography called Provided you don't kiss me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum