Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Radio Stations do you listen to?

+9
gloswhite
Reebok Trotter
Mr Magoo
Banks of the Croal
Bwfc1958
BoltonTillIDie
boltonbonce
scottjames30
karlypants
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I haven't switched a radio on since last season to listen to a Bolton commentary. There is a radio in the car but I prefer silence
Thinking back to the 1990s for a few years radio was the main form of entertainment.There was no internet in those days and I chose not to have a TV at the time.
The hours that I would listen to the radio in the 1990s are now mostly spent watching shite on youtube

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've got a DAB radio, but it's as easy to listen on my phone or computer. I do miss the old style radio though.
Spent many a night as a young lad listening to Radio Caroline under the covers. Or perhaps a Test Match from down under.
Those extendable aerials caused a few problems. How times have changed.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I don't listen to the radio at all unless I'm driving and only then BBC 5Live Sport or Talksport.

However when my daughter gets in the car the first thing she does is switch on the radio and has set it to numerous stations she listens to which I have to endure.

One day she clicked on to Magic and I quite liked it for a change.

So now I listen to 5live (unless it's brain dead stuff like 606 football fans chat, or anyone trying to talk up women's football!) then turn over to Talksport (unless it's brain dead stuff again or the adverts) then over to Magic until the adverts come on, then back to 5Live and repeat until I either get to where I'm going or simply get sick of it all and switch it off completely.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My brother built a basic short wave radio with a kit from Tandy in the 70s but ran a forty foot wire to a nearby telegraph pole for an aerial and managed to tune in to radio stations on the east coast of America, European forces stuff and some very strange conversations between radio hams that were always good for a laugh.
SW radio fascinated me as we had it on our 1960's stereogram and as a kid I always wanted to know where the strange places on the dial - like Hilversum - were.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Remember when poor Victor got his car back from the garage.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I only listen to radio X now

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum