Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Summer Transfer Window

+26
Numpty 28723
inf
HarveyKorman
Lyric Todkill
chris_bwfc
Angry Dad
bwfc71
Lofty_Love
gloswhite
xmiles
chipbutty
rammywhite
Mallorca Trotter
Michael Bolton
TheHateCamel
Keegan
aaron_bwfc
Reebok_Rebel
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
largehat
Sluffy
Copper Dragon
wanderlust
terenceanne
Hipster_Nebula
30 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 19]

1Summer Transfer Window Empty Summer Transfer Window Thu May 17 2012, 14:33

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Never a bad time to start the Transfer thread.

Just saw Burnley linked with Adam Clayton from Leeds.

I've been saying we should go after him since last year, absolutely fantastic midfielder.

transfer listed and Leeds only asking 400k! Ridiculous bargain.

Last edited by Passi on Sat Sep 08 2012, 12:29; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Made into a sticky.)

2Summer Transfer Window Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Thu May 17 2012, 14:37

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

You're a tad early ..... I like to wait till 11:55pm on the last day of the window before doing anything.
signed Fat Phil.

3Summer Transfer Window Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Thu May 17 2012, 14:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A defence would be useful.

4Summer Transfer Window Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Thu May 17 2012, 15:11

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm led to believe that Clayton turned down a new deal at Leeds because of wages and Leicester are in for him. So that will probably rule us out.

5Summer Transfer Window Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Thu May 17 2012, 15:14

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

All speculation of course but i read he'd turned down a 9k a week deal looking for 15k a week. Not over the top IMO for someone of his quality.

In other news NIXON has us in for a "young centre half"

6Summer Transfer Window Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Thu May 17 2012, 15:18

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

There are suggestions swirling this morning that Wanderers may add a new player to their ranks in the form of U2 bassist -- er, I'm sorry, Leeds United midfielder Adam Clayton. There is nothing anywhere near official on this yet but it's interesting given how Bolton Wanderers have been actively looking to cut the wage bill by as much as half.

Coyle had scouted Clayton back in January when Leeds took on the Arsenal in the FA Cup.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The 5 foot 9 inch tall midfielder made 43 appearances in the Championship last season with 42 of those being starts. In that time, he scored six goals and assisted five more. The midfielder is only 23 years old and the rumor is that his wage demands are anywhere between £9,000 and £15,000 a week. Both numbers, while in the fairly high range, would still likely provide a cost savings to Bolton Wanderers after all of the current roster cuts are complete.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

7Summer Transfer Window Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Thu May 17 2012, 15:22

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That echos what i read in the Burnley report except appears to link us with him instead of burnley!

I would love to see him in white!

8Summer Transfer Window Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Thu May 17 2012, 15:29

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:That echos what i read in the Burnley report except appears to link us with him instead of burnley!

I would love to see him in white!

Here you go mate

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

9Summer Transfer Window Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Thu May 17 2012, 15:31

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lovely football from Leeds here.

10Summer Transfer Window Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Thu May 17 2012, 15:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hate these threads. Pointless.

11Summer Transfer Window Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Thu May 17 2012, 15:54

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just a place to put all the rumours.

Don't like them, don't read them!

Or as you would say.

"If you can't contribute fuck off"

12Summer Transfer Window Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Thu May 17 2012, 16:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

But no one has gone to any effort here, just people with nothing better to do than make things up and get other people over-excited.

13Summer Transfer Window Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Thu May 17 2012, 16:11

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How can you go to any effort on a football forum.

This is just the thread to post rumours in.

14Summer Transfer Window Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Thu May 17 2012, 16:20

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:But no one has gone to any effort here, just people with nothing better to do than make things up and get other people over-excited.

The irony.

15Summer Transfer Window Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Thu May 17 2012, 16:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:How can you go to any effort on a football forum.

How dare you! I work my fingers to the bone putting in effort on here.

16Summer Transfer Window Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Thu May 17 2012, 22:05

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If we could pinch another Burnley player then I would plump for Jay Rodriguez.

17Summer Transfer Window Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Thu May 17 2012, 23:27

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm sure you would Reebok Trotter. Very Happy

I'd like to think that as a born and bred Burnley lad and a Burnley FC fan that he'd never sign for a club managed by Susan's lad.

Without wanting to appear derogatory or bitter you understand.

18Summer Transfer Window Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Fri May 18 2012, 09:28

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:But no one has gone to any effort here, just people with nothing better to do than make things up and get other people over-excited.

hey, sport journalists have made decent, well paid careers out of doing this... Laughing

19Summer Transfer Window Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Fri May 18 2012, 17:03

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bolton have joined Wigan and Blackburn in the race to sign prolific Huddersfield Town striker Jordan Rhodes.

Bolton's chief scout was at the Galpharm Stadium on Tuesday night to see Rhodes score his 37th League One goal of the season in the playoff semi-final second leg.

The Scotland Under-21 hitman is expected to leave Huddersfield if they fail to achieve promotion against Sheffield United at Wembley on May 26 with a whole host of suitors lining up to make their moves.

Manchester United were also represented at the game but Bolton's main rivals for the 22-year-old hitman are expected to be Wigan and Blackburn.

Bolton and Blackburn will be fighting for promotion back to the Premier League next season and will need a regular goalscorer to finish off the chances, but Wigan may struggle to accommodate Rhodes in their 3-4-3 formation which needs a stronger, back to goal-type striker at its spearhead.

Owen Coyle is thought to be a big fan and may be looking to add more Scottish blood to his squad next season, following the addition of Greg Wylde.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

20Summer Transfer Window Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Fri May 18 2012, 20:19

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

If he leaves on a free, if that's what the article means this would be a fantstic signing, with our finances at the moment you could see us easily get outbid on him.

Rhodes and Sordell up front?....i'd take that in the premier league.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 19]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum