Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tour de Yorkshire

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Tour de Yorkshire Empty Tour de Yorkshire Thu Apr 30 2015, 23:39

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I know I'm in a minority when it comes to following cycling but a new 3 day race starts this year - in Yorkshire (mainly but I think it does stray a little bit into Lancashire and Derbyshire too) - and it kicks off tomorrow.

I know one or two off here live towards that part of the world, so if it is nice at the weekend why not take the family out for a picnic or something and catch a bit of the race as it passes?

It's free, Sir Bradley Wiggins will be in it and also the fastest man on a bike these days, a German called Kittle.

This is roughly what they are doing each day - and if it does seem like a good idea to have a look then please click on the link at the bottom of this post which is the official site for the race and gives more details as to when the race will pass as close as it gets to where you live/work.

Hope some of you do catch it and you and yours enjoy's the experience.

FRIDAY
Stage one - Bridlington to Scarborough, 174km
It has been billed as a stage for the sprinters with the finish on the promenade of the east coast seaside town. However, numerous short, sharp climbs as the race winds its way through the North York Moors and a final one away from Robin Hood's Bay, 28km from the finish, could put pay to the hopes of the pure sprinters.

SATURDAY
Stage two - Selby to York, 174km
A few lumps and bumps early in the stage through the Yorkshire Wolds are unlikely to stop the prospect of a big sprint for the line given the flat finish that three laps of a circuit around York offers.

SUNDAY
Stage three - Wakefield to Leeds, 167km
Much of the route takes the riders on the roads used in last year's Tour de France, albeit in reverse, as the race heads to Haworth via Holmfirth. With six categorised climbs and a fast finish into Leeds, there could be a shake-up in the peloton meaning it's difficult to predict whether it will be a mass sprint for a line, or a smaller, more selective bunch.

Official site -

http://letour.yorkshire.com/

Sluffy's one to watch - Belgium's Greg van Avermaet (BMC Racing).

Sluffy's one to cheer - Yorkshire's born and bred Ben Swift (Sky).

Sluffy's tips

Day one winner - Kittel
Day two winner - Kittel (again)
Day three and winner overall - van Avermaet.

2Tour de Yorkshire Empty Re: Tour de Yorkshire Fri May 01 2015, 23:24

Would you care to reappraise your selections there, Sluff.....?

Bit under "das wetter" apparently Very Happy

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest-news/marcel-kittel-abandons-tour-de-yorkshire-on-stage-one-169373

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum