Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Yorkshire cricket & racism

+2
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Yorkshire cricket & racism Empty Yorkshire cricket & racism Tue Nov 16 2021, 10:43

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just been reading the coverage of the Parliamentary hearing so far and it makes for less than great reading!

I have been following the story for the last few weeks but there is lots coming out today and it looks like Vaughan's career in the media is likely to be over if its true what he's alleged to have said.

I never thought cricket had a big issue with racism to be honest so this has all been a big surprise to me.

2Yorkshire cricket & racism Empty Re: Yorkshire cricket & racism Tue Nov 16 2021, 10:56

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The link to the coverage is below if anyone wants to follow what's going on

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/cricket/59294668#lx-commentary-top

3Yorkshire cricket & racism Empty Re: Yorkshire cricket & racism Tue Nov 16 2021, 11:03

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It does surprise me that Yorkshire has had this issue, there are big Asian communities all across Yorkshire.

Growing up in Bolton and especially Halliwell it was always a very multicultural area and even though i didn't meet many asians before i went to Secondary School (Smithills) i did have a lot of Asian friends as school and am still in touch with some of them now. Racism never entered my mind, that's not to say it didn't happen because i'm sure it did but i never understood it.

4Yorkshire cricket & racism Empty Re: Yorkshire cricket & racism Tue Nov 16 2021, 11:24

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Rafiq has finished his evidence now and next up is Roger Hutton, ex chairman of Yorkshire, could be fireworks i reckon!

5Yorkshire cricket & racism Empty Re: Yorkshire cricket & racism Thu Nov 18 2021, 17:39

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So Rafiq has had to apologise for sending anti-Semitic messages on facefuck to a fellow cricketer. :facepalm::facepalm:

6Yorkshire cricket & racism Empty Re: Yorkshire cricket & racism Thu Nov 18 2021, 18:42

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I want to know more about Kevin the dog.

There should definitely be an investigation costing millions to determine whether Kevin was appropriately named. Then perhaps Kevin can apologise for anti-cat posts he made in 2014.

7Yorkshire cricket & racism Empty Re: Yorkshire cricket & racism Thu Nov 18 2021, 18:54

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No one watches cricket. This isn't going to help.

8Yorkshire cricket & racism Empty Re: Yorkshire cricket & racism Thu Nov 18 2021, 23:30

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

There seem to be some assertions that Rafiq is deeply in debt from gambling and is largely looking for both media payments and also a potential book deal to clear them. This may be entirely untrue but I’m sure it will all come out in the wash. Whatever, the previous anti Semitic tweets accorded to him do sort of undermine his case a little. From what I can gather, much of what Rafiq terms racism results from “banter” as in fairness were his anti Semitic comments and you do have to wonder whether some of what has obviously gone on was exaggerated? I’m not though in any way trying to defend intentionally racist comments or actions but anyone who has played sport at any decent level knows that banter does get very personal sometimes bordering on acceptable, even when not involving racism. I,must admit to not really understanding a lot of what is supposed to offend, especially the Kevin label. My father was Scottish and was always referred to as Jock,my mothers side was Welsh and there were regular quips about being Welsh but none of it was taken as racism. Clearly people are more sensitive these days and what may have been acceptable previously is not acceptable now!!

9Yorkshire cricket & racism Empty Re: Yorkshire cricket & racism Sun Nov 21 2021, 11:14

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

10Yorkshire cricket & racism Empty Re: Yorkshire cricket & racism Sun Nov 21 2021, 15:37

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why have you got a Yorkie avatar?

11Yorkshire cricket & racism Empty Re: Yorkshire cricket & racism Sun Nov 21 2021, 16:09

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Why have you got a Yorkie avatar?
Reminds him of a lovely meal he had in Korea.

12Yorkshire cricket & racism Empty Re: Yorkshire cricket & racism Sun Nov 21 2021, 16:31

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why what’s wrong with it?

13Yorkshire cricket & racism Empty Re: Yorkshire cricket & racism Sun Nov 21 2021, 16:31

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
Reminds him of a lovely meal he had in Korea.
Laughing

14Yorkshire cricket & racism Empty Re: Yorkshire cricket & racism Sun Nov 21 2021, 20:13

karlypants wrote:When you start pointing fingers, they have a habit of pointing back.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10224543/Azeem-Rafiq-accused-sending-creepy-texts-teenage-girl.html

Completely irrelevant to the allegations he’s made.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum