Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

QPR in a little bit of shit

+9
Reebok Trotter
boltonbonce
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
karlypants
Bwfc1958
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
MartinBWFC
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1QPR in a little bit of shit Empty QPR in a little bit of shit Mon May 11 2015, 10:36

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

QPR who got relegated yesterday are to be investigated under FFP, possibilities they could be heavily fined or kicked out of the league.

Source, www.skysports.com/football

2QPR in a little bit of shit Empty Re: QPR in a little bit of shit Mon May 11 2015, 10:45

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was annoyed when they outbid us for SWP and Anouha but on reflection I guess we dodged a bullet there.

3QPR in a little bit of shit Empty Re: QPR in a little bit of shit Mon May 11 2015, 10:49

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Kicked out of the league! Haha. Right. Hope so! One less team that will embarrass us home and away next season if they are.

4QPR in a little bit of shit Empty Re: QPR in a little bit of shit Mon May 11 2015, 10:54

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

They won't be kicked out of the football league but will probably get fined heavily for taking the piss. More smaller sized clubs would do well to look at a club like Burnley and how they are run. QPR don't have the players to justify the 8th highest wage bill in the prem so what the fuck they've been offering players I don't know. It seems they have a bunch of bang average players at best on astronomical wages.

5QPR in a little bit of shit Empty Re: QPR in a little bit of shit Mon May 11 2015, 11:49

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I bet the fine isn't that much!

It's supposed to be pound for pound, can't see it being that!

6QPR in a little bit of shit Empty Re: QPR in a little bit of shit Mon May 11 2015, 11:54

Looks like Harry knew what was coming and got out of the mess he probably started.

Good ol' 'arry

7QPR in a little bit of shit Empty Re: QPR in a little bit of shit Mon May 11 2015, 13:23

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

they'll need to have a massive clear out, they have a long list of players out of contract like Ferdinand, Dunne, Zamora to name a few to get the wage bill down. Even then they will still be in trouble. Didn't this all start just before they went up last year?

8QPR in a little bit of shit Empty Re: QPR in a little bit of shit Mon May 11 2015, 13:54

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They avoided the fine when they got promoted. But now they are back in the Football league the fine is payable.

The Football League and Queens Park Rangers remain locked in discussions over whether they face a fine under financial fair play rules after the owner of the club posted a huge cut in losses but wrote off £60m in loans.

The figures, made public on Monday by the club, show that losses were cut from £65.4m in May 2013 to just £9.8m a year later. If those figures are accepted by the Football League, QPR could expect to receive only a minimal fine under the FFP rules.

It is understood that talks are continuing over how £60m in loans, written off by Tony Fernandes and other shareholders, should be accounted for under the rules.

QPR said they were able to reduce expenditure by £22m during their season in the Championship, which ended in a return to the Premier League via the play-offs.

“The club has previously filed accounts with the Football League in accordance with the requirements of the League’s Financial Fair Play rules,” said a League spokesman. “The treatment of certain items in those accounts, and how the League’s FFP rules should be applied to them, remains a matter of ongoing discussion between QPR and the Football League. It would therefore be inappropriate to comment further at this time.”

If QPR’s losses had been comparable to their £65.4m loss in May 2013, they would have faced a fine of more than £45m. Clubs still within the Football League that fall foul of FFP are punished with points deductions and transfer embargoes, but those who have been promoted and exceed the maximum allowable loss are fined.

The Football League has been examining the accounts since 1 December and liaising with QPR’s accountants. Ever since, there has been conjecture over the size of the fine that QPR could receive.

Fernandes has said he will appeal any fine, while the Football League has said that if QPR fail to comply with its decision they could theoretically be refused re-admission and would be forced to play in the Conference if they were relegated from the top flight.

“The club’s shareholders and directors are of the opinion that the club is moving in the right direction and on track with its mid-term and long-term business plans,” said a QPR statement.

“The impact of relegation and promotion inevitably has a material impact on the short-term financial results of clubs but the shareholders are comfortable that the medium-term outlook is positive with Premier League revenues growing and the club’s costs continuing to fall.”

The club said they had been able to reduce expenditure by £22m by reducing player costs during the season in question.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/mar/02/qpr-football-league-ffp-negotiations

9QPR in a little bit of shit Empty Re: QPR in a little bit of shit Mon May 11 2015, 14:26

I'm probably being a bit numb now because I don't really understand all this stuff, but......

...if I've read it right, the problem lies with the fact that QPR's owner (TF) has written off a big chunk of their debt as a personal loss, as opposed to a loss by the football club.

So how would we fare if ED does something similar to facilitate the sale of the club to this Irish fella?

Would we get our plums felt by the Football League too?

Thanks in advance,

Thick of Worsley.

10QPR in a little bit of shit Empty Re: QPR in a little bit of shit Mon May 11 2015, 14:32

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dear Thick of Worsley,
This might help,but not much.
These people live in a world of their own.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/22707/9844856/qpr-financial-situation-qa-explaining-why-they-face-a-huge-fine

11QPR in a little bit of shit Empty Re: QPR in a little bit of shit Mon May 11 2015, 14:46

Dear Creepy Looking Old Man in Gimp Mask,

Cheers for that but I'm still none the wiser.

Thick of Worsley.

12QPR in a little bit of shit Empty Re: QPR in a little bit of shit Mon May 11 2015, 14:47

Breadman wrote:Dear Creepy Looking Old Man in Gimp Mask,

i think i love you

Thick of Worsley.
affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid

13QPR in a little bit of shit Empty Re: QPR in a little bit of shit Mon May 11 2015, 14:50

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Neither was I.
This should help.

14QPR in a little bit of shit Empty Re: QPR in a little bit of shit Mon May 11 2015, 19:57

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good. It couldn't happen to a more deluded bunch. We played them on our opening day game at Loftus Road the previous time they got promoted and the greedy bastards were charging £54 to away fans to sit in that shithole. They shafted their own fans by doubling season tickets as soon as they got into the Premiership and TF had the gall to tell the press that QPR were London's new ' Boutique ' club whatever the fcuk that means.
Warnock was the manager at the time and we tonked them and finished up being the top of the premier League for one day only.

Last edited by Reebok Trotter on Mon May 11 2015, 20:54; edited 1 time in total

15QPR in a little bit of shit Empty Re: QPR in a little bit of shit Mon May 11 2015, 20:39

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We should all chip in and give them à few quid.

16QPR in a little bit of shit Empty Re: QPR in a little bit of shit Mon May 11 2015, 20:46

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:Good. It couldn't happen to a more deluded bunch. We played them on our opening day game at Loftus Road the previous time they got promoted and the greedy bastards were charging £54 to away fans to sit in that shithole. They shafted their own fans by doubling season tickets as soon as they got into the Premiership and TF had the gall to tell the press that QPR were London's new ' Boutique ' club whatever the fcuk that means.
Warnock was the manager at the time and we tonked them and finished up being the tiop of the premier League for one day only.

Yes it's the QPR fans I feel for.

I've read quite a bit of their forums over the last two seasons and to a man they all think that they are a car crash club, and are completely embarrassed by their club.

17QPR in a little bit of shit Empty Re: QPR in a little bit of shit Mon May 11 2015, 20:47

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It couldn't happen to a nicer club

18QPR in a little bit of shit Empty Re: QPR in a little bit of shit Mon May 11 2015, 21:02

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Their players are just a bunch of mercenaries hiring out their services to the highest bidder. When Warnock got them promoted they spent big and most of the players who actually got them up found themselves twiddling their thumbs on the bench. Remember the car crash purchase of Christopher Samba and his incredible transfer which went completely wrong? He only played 10 games!

On 31 January 2013, Samba joined Queens Park Rangers for a reported fee of £12.5 million, signing a four-and-a-half year deal.

Following his transfer, QPR's manager Harry Redknapp commented that "Chris is just what we need. He's a monster. Great in the air, quick, a leader, strong, fantastic in both boxes, hard as nails. He's a proper centre-half. He was willing to take a massive pay cut."

On 2 July 2013, Anzhi Makhachkala agreed a fee of £12m to bring Samba back to Russia after only half a season with Queens Park Rangers, following their relegation from the Premier League. Rangers were looking to cut their wage bill after dropping out of the English Premier Division, with Samba one of the highest earners on a reported £100,000 per week.

Another cracking bit of football business by Flash Harry.

19QPR in a little bit of shit Empty Re: QPR in a little bit of shit Mon May 11 2015, 21:36

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

And so it begins  Rolling Eyes ..........

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32699118

20QPR in a little bit of shit Empty Re: QPR in a little bit of shit Mon May 11 2015, 21:38

Do people see ffp as a good thing or a bad thing. I'll be honest I'm undecided

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum