Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Petrov signs on again for us - Coyle interview about next seaon

+6
rammywhite
Numpty 28723
xmiles
Lofty_Love
Reebok_Rebel
Sluffy
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Well to be honest he never actually says Petrov as signed on again BUT he names him in the players he has for his squad next season - so I guess he must have.

Quite a long article and he gets in the obligatory 'Barclay' Premier League' and 'take our medicine' but an upbeat article about the future of the club.

Read it here -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

good stuff, we need to keep the core of the squad together if we are to have any chance of staying up. fuck the penny pinching shit - we cant have both, if we want to bounce back its going to cost us a bit more.

sell/release all our best players and we have a bit more money in the bank (possibly the same as we would get if we got promoted) but a squad of championship players with no realistic chance of coming back up.

the main thing I want this season though is to make those bloody Wendy's shut the fuck up! already giving it the 'we are a massive club' crap on 606...

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It's not a good feeling and as the manager I have the ultimate responsibility and I accept that

finally.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Lofty_Love wrote:It's not a good feeling and as the manager I have the ultimate responsibility and I accept that

finally.

Amen, and I shall move on. I am going to try to be positive at least until we have played 10 games in the Championship. sunny

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It's official then.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

xmiles wrote:
Lofty_Love wrote:It's not a good feeling and as the manager I have the ultimate responsibility and I accept that

finally.

Amen, and I shall move on. I am going to try to be positive at least until we have played 10 games in the Championship. sunny

after the initial depression, im actually quite looking forward to it....as it stands.

my mood is liable to change though if garty sells any player of any value/quality we have before we kick off...

so... as it stands, bring on the championship!

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok Rebel- I agree with you. After a week of misery and depression I'm feeling much more optimistic.

I think we could be in for a really enjoyable and up beat season- so bring it on.

There's nobody in this division that worries me- unlike the Prem where every game had a nervous edge to it. Provided Coyle does what he's said in the last couple of days- I think we can look forward ro a really successful campaign. It won't be easy but at least we're in with a good chance of points in every game that we play

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well done Coyle, good to see your policy of youth is going well. Dean Windass is still available I hear.

Coyle out.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And yet in every other thread you've been crying and whining about us needing experience.

Flip Flopper.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:And yet in every other thread you've been crying and whining about us needing experience.

Flip Flopper.

An experienced CAPTAIN and defender. Not a winger who blows hot and cold (mainly cold) and is about as committed to BWFC as an Aberdeen Angus cow is to fast food.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ah of course i knew there would be a caveat.

Tiresome.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Ah of course i knew there would be a caveat.

Tiresome.

Please link me to where I said we shuld start buying experienced players in all positions.

Can't? Because you made it up. Again.

I have said for two seasons we need a captain, a leader. You're an idiot if you can't see this.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I remember your suggestions, Owen Hargreaves and Patrick Viera.

one who spent the whole season injured and the other was retired.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I remember your suggestions, Owen Hargreaves and Patrick Viera.

one who spent the whole season injured and the other was retired.

I did suggest Viera as a captain before he retired. Do you honestly think we'd have gone down with a Viera in the team?

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Haha, Hipster is owning you big time today Nat.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:Haha, Hipster is owning you big time today Nat.

Anyone can twist words. So are we saying Viera wouldn't have been a good captain?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Roy Keane would have been a good one too....

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Roy Keane would have been a good one too....

Now you're just being stupid.

At the time Viera was undecided about retiring so answer the question, would an experienced player like Viera benefit our team?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Even if the answer was "he'd have won us the title" do you really think Patrick Viera who'd just finished playing a season for Man City and was offered a lucrative job behind the scenes at the club would have rocked up at Bolton.

Give over.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I think we should have approached Bryan Robson. He's been at a loose end for a while.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum