Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Olympic Torch Relay: Sad or Sad?

+3
largehat
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Olympic Torch Relay: Sad or Sad? Empty Olympic Torch Relay: Sad or Sad? Tue May 22 2012, 14:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've witnessed some utter shite in this country over the years, but seeing people line the streets to see 10 seconds of a small flame pass by is about as sad as it gets.

It's a flame. You can make your own at home for pennies. Free if you watch Ray Mears regularly.

Who are these sad fuckers who are lining the streets to see this charade?

The torch will be passing Whittam Towers in the near future, I'm going to tip the contents of my bath on it.

2Olympic Torch Relay: Sad or Sad? Empty Re: Olympic Torch Relay: Sad or Sad? Tue May 22 2012, 14:25

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

we get it everything is "sad." Apart from you of course.

3Olympic Torch Relay: Sad or Sad? Empty Re: Olympic Torch Relay: Sad or Sad? Tue May 22 2012, 14:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:we get it everything is "sad." Apart from you of course.

You think it's healthy to worship a flame?

4Olympic Torch Relay: Sad or Sad? Empty Re: Olympic Torch Relay: Sad or Sad? Tue May 22 2012, 14:32

It is a load of bollocks. I don't think they will get the same turnout in Blackburn.

5Olympic Torch Relay: Sad or Sad? Empty Re: Olympic Torch Relay: Sad or Sad? Tue May 22 2012, 14:34

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I love the Olympics. I applied to be a volunteer and was offered a role as a team leader in the press operations team at the velopark. I had to turn it down in the end due to a change in my circumstances but I'd have loved to have done it.

No strong views either way about the torch relay. Natasha, I hope you get stuck behind it on your way to work, and take a diversion and find yourself behind a slow moving funeral convoy.

6Olympic Torch Relay: Sad or Sad? Empty Re: Olympic Torch Relay: Sad or Sad? Tue May 22 2012, 14:34

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:we get it everything is "sad." Apart from you of course.

You think it's healthy to worship a flame?

It's a rare event, the Olympics coming to the country, whats the harm in celebrating it?

7Olympic Torch Relay: Sad or Sad? Empty Re: Olympic Torch Relay: Sad or Sad? Tue May 22 2012, 14:35

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

No strong views either way about the torch relay. Natasha, I hope you get stuck behind it on your way to work, and take a diversion and find yourself behind a slow moving funeral convoy.

Ha ha, good one.

I love the olympics and am looking forward to them. But I don't understand people wasting their day waiting for a flame to pass by.

8Olympic Torch Relay: Sad or Sad? Empty Re: Olympic Torch Relay: Sad or Sad? Tue May 22 2012, 16:50

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bolton Hater wrote:It is a load of bollocks. I don't think they will get the same turnout in Blackburn.

Of course not, it will be a larger audience for the flmae..... and then see all the 'Burners going " oooooo, flickering light!"

9Olympic Torch Relay: Sad or Sad? Empty Re: Olympic Torch Relay: Sad or Sad? Tue May 22 2012, 16:57

bwfc71 wrote:

Of course not, it will be a larger audience for the flmae..... and then see all the 'Burners going " oooooo, flickering light!"

That doesn't even make sense. Blackburn people have more sense than to queue up for this crap. They'll be at Ewood picking up season tickets for our Champions season.

10Olympic Torch Relay: Sad or Sad? Empty Re: Olympic Torch Relay: Sad or Sad? Tue May 22 2012, 17:04

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bolton Hater wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

That doesn't even make sense. Blackburn people have more sense than to queue up for this crap. They'll be at Ewood picking up season tickets for our Champions season.

All 3 fans have picked up their "losers" season tickets......

Kean + Venky's + still no sponsors + less 30 million due to less TV = lack of cash = having to sell players = weaker team = GOING DOWN to League 1!

11Olympic Torch Relay: Sad or Sad? Empty Re: Olympic Torch Relay: Sad or Sad? Tue May 22 2012, 17:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chris, stop bullying the fat bastard. It's cruel Very Happy

12Olympic Torch Relay: Sad or Sad? Empty Re: Olympic Torch Relay: Sad or Sad? Tue May 22 2012, 17:40

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

According to an IGN Money survey yesterday. 55% of Blackburn season ticket holders won't be renewing, by far the highest in last season 's PL.

13Olympic Torch Relay: Sad or Sad? Empty Re: Olympic Torch Relay: Sad or Sad? Tue May 22 2012, 18:02

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

What I don't understand is why anyone would want to buy one for over £100,000 - and that is not a typing error.

I question the morals of someone selling one in the first place (aren't the runners selected on their community activities in the first place?) - but why on earth would someone want to pay so much money for one - apparently three already have sold for £100,000 or more.

There's 8,000 of them being handed out - so it is a limited supply - but torches from previous games, including London 1948 and Berlin 1936, have sold for as little as £6,750 - and I would think there are even fewer of them about.

Do you think one or two might well end up in some pampered millionaires footballers homes - I do!

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Olympic-bearer-sells-torch-auction-site-pound-153/story-16151866-detail/story.html

14Olympic Torch Relay: Sad or Sad? Empty Re: Olympic Torch Relay: Sad or Sad? Tue May 22 2012, 18:12

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I've no issue with these sales if the money goes to community causes, though clearly, with this kind of money on offer, some torch bearers are going to sell them for personal gain, which is sad, and I would say "they should be ashamed", but £100,000+ would change most people's lives for the better.

If you could get your hands on £500,000 you would never have to work again.

You could use it to buy 4 flats in places like Bucks and Herts, rent them out for £1,000-£1,250 per month each, and live of the rent income, and then when you come to retire, sell the flats.

That's one thing that pisses me off about the National Lottery. They shouldn't have 1 prize of £20m or whatever, they should change it so the top prize is £500,000 and have as many winners as possible.

Sorry to change the subject.

Anyway, who cares if millionaires buy the torches, at least the money is ending up in the hands of ordinary folk.

15Olympic Torch Relay: Sad or Sad? Empty Re: Olympic Torch Relay: Sad or Sad? Tue May 22 2012, 18:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:What I don't understand is why anyone would want to buy one for over £100,000 - and that is not a typing error.

I question the morals of someone selling one in the first place (aren't the runners selected on their community activities in the first place?) - but why on earth would someone want to pay so much money for one - apparently three already have sold for £100,000 or more.

There's 8,000 of them being handed out - so it is a limited supply - but torches from previous games, including London 1948 and Berlin 1936, have sold for as little as £6,750 - and I would think there are even fewer of them about.

Do you think one or two might well end up in some pampered millionaires footballers homes - I do!

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Olympic-bearer-sells-torch-auction-site-pound-153/story-16151866-detail/story.html

It's a fucking outrage if these runners are making money from a community event. An absolute disgrace.

16Olympic Torch Relay: Sad or Sad? Empty Re: Olympic Torch Relay: Sad or Sad? Wed May 23 2012, 01:06

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It's going past top of our street ,I'll be there waving my Little Union Jack.

17Olympic Torch Relay: Sad or Sad? Empty Re: Olympic Torch Relay: Sad or Sad? Wed May 23 2012, 10:30

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Sad but folks seem to like stuff like this,so whatever makes them happy, personally wouldn,t stop who i was doing to watch it.

18Olympic Torch Relay: Sad or Sad? Empty Re: Olympic Torch Relay: Sad or Sad? Wed May 23 2012, 10:38

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Banks of the Croal wrote:It's going past top of our street ,I'll be there waving my Little Union Jack.

You live on a canal boat?

If I was over there, andwhen it stops off in Bolton, I would have been there wearing my Union Flag t-shirt

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum