Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gary Madine signs

+5
luckyPeterpiper
wanderlust
karlypants
Keegan
BoltonTillIDie
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Gary Madine signs Empty Gary Madine signs Wed Jul 01 2015, 12:42

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Confirmation of striker's permanent deal with the club
Bolton Wanderers have completed the signing of Gary Madine on a two-year deal.

A product of Carlisle United’s youth academy, the 24-year-old striker started his professional career with the Cumbrians, spending brief stints with Rochdale, Coventry City and Chesterfield during his time at Brunton Park.

Linking up with Sheffield Wednesday in January 2011, Madine made over 100 appearances for the Owls alongside temporary spells back at Carlisle, Coventry and latterly Blackpool.

Following the expiration of his contract at Hillsborough this summer however, Wanderers have secured the frontman’s services.

http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/gary-madine-signs-for-bolton-wanderers-2518386.aspx

2Gary Madine signs Empty Re: Gary Madine signs Wed Jul 01 2015, 14:18

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Guarded yay!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

3Gary Madine signs Empty Re: Gary Madine signs Wed Jul 01 2015, 19:01

Cough up LPP

4Gary Madine signs Empty Re: Gary Madine signs Wed Jul 01 2015, 19:06

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How good is this guy?

Is he just the same as Cavies if not better?

5Gary Madine signs Empty Re: Gary Madine signs Wed Jul 01 2015, 20:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:How good is this guy?

Is he just the same as Cavies if not better?
He's worth every penny we paid for him.

6Gary Madine signs Empty Re: Gary Madine signs Thu Jul 02 2015, 11:03

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:Cough up LPP
Did it yesterday mate Smile

7Gary Madine signs Empty Re: Gary Madine signs Thu Jul 02 2015, 11:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Cough up LPP
Did it yesterday mate Smile

Let's hope the rest of your doomsday scenario is wrong too LPP.

8Gary Madine signs Empty Re: Gary Madine signs Thu Jul 02 2015, 11:51

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Make no mistake, I want to be woefully, painfully, abysmally wrong. 

I'll be happy to finish the summer with a box of Tesco Large Fresh Eggs on my face. Smile

I dunno why I've been so down so far this summer, it's not like me to be so damned pessimistic all the time, especially not when things have been going so well on the home front and in my work life these last few months. Sorry guys, I guess I've been taking it all out on here as well. I'll try to be more optimistic from now on.

9Gary Madine signs Empty Re: Gary Madine signs Thu Jul 02 2015, 11:59

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:Make no mistake, I want to be woefully, painfully, abysmally wrong. 

I'll be happy to finish the summer with a box of Tesco Large Fresh Eggs on my face. Smile

I dunno why I've been so down so far this summer, it's not like me to be so damned pessimistic all the time, especially not when things have been going so well on the home front and in my work life these last few months. Sorry guys, I guess I've been taking it all out on here as well. I'll try to be more optimistic from now on.

Based on previous experience there is every reason to be pessimistic and even when we've made good signings we've been terribly unlucky with injuries, Marc Tierney being a recent case in point.
However at this stage it just comes across as a little premature i.e. before we've either signed or failed to sign the targets.

Add to that the likelihood that NL probably has several targets for each position and will work down the list until he can do a deal we can only expect a lot of rumours not to materialise.

I just think we need to be patient and see what happens.

10Gary Madine signs Empty Re: Gary Madine signs Thu Jul 02 2015, 12:03

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I know lusty but this runs a bit deeper. Usually I tend not to say a lot about the transfers in the summer window but I've been feeling down about life in general and there isn't really a good reason for it. I've kept it away from work and home but pretty much lashed out on here. Sorry guys, will try to be a bit more reasonable about things in future.

11Gary Madine signs Empty Re: Gary Madine signs Thu Jul 02 2015, 12:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:I know lusty but this runs a bit deeper. Usually I tend not to say a lot about the transfers in the summer window but I've been feeling down about life in general and there isn't really a good reason for it. I've kept it away from work and home but pretty much lashed out on here. Sorry guys, will try to be a bit more reasonable about things in future.

Hope you find yourself in a better place soon amigo.

12Gary Madine signs Empty Re: Gary Madine signs Thu Jul 02 2015, 12:27

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Thanks mate. It's weird, you'd think I'd have been down after the car crash, maybe after the second op on the ankle when i spent a lot of time in pain but not now when I've got back to work, been promoted, my family are all well and pretty much everything is humming along nicely on the home and professional front. Maybe it's because I've had to accept it's unlikely Neil's gonna sign a fat forty six year old with a duff ankle now. Sad

13Gary Madine signs Empty Re: Gary Madine signs Thu Jul 02 2015, 12:32

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:I know lusty but this runs a bit deeper. Usually I tend not to say a lot about the transfers in the summer window but I've been feeling down about life in general and there isn't really a good reason for it. I've kept it away from work and home but pretty much lashed out on here. Sorry guys, will try to be a bit more reasonable about things in future.

Same wishes from me to Peter.

14Gary Madine signs Empty Re: Gary Madine signs Thu Jul 02 2015, 12:35

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

theres only one job for a doom monger on here and Rebel already has it  Laughing

15Gary Madine signs Empty Re: Gary Madine signs Thu Jul 02 2015, 12:41

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Norpig wrote:theres only one job for a doom monger on here and Rebel already has it  Laughing
And he can keep it mate. I don't like being the 'Voice Of Doom' very much.  Evil or Very Mad

But the realisation that I won't be scoring the winning goal for BWFC in the FA Cup final one day after all has upset me. Sad 

I was sure Neil was going to call and offer me a million quid a week until I realised that you don't time my sprints with a stopwatch, you do it with a calendar and that my shooting boots were more clogs that couldn't hit the side of the Macron stadium from six yards out let alone the back of the net. Add in that I'm middle aged, more than a bit chubby with less hair than Howard Webb and, well, it looks like my dream of being the next Super John McGinlay won't come true after all.  Sad

16Gary Madine signs Empty Re: Gary Madine signs Thu Jul 02 2015, 14:12

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I watched Madine's goals on Youtube.  Mostly tap in's.  Just based on that (which isn't much) I did not see him beat a man or take a good shot on goal.  Not as good as ALF is my first impression. But we shall see.

17Gary Madine signs Empty Re: Gary Madine signs Thu Jul 02 2015, 14:46

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Same wishes from me to Peter.

I'll echo that as well pete. You seem like a good guy and hope you can find yourself in a good place soon. 

You shouldn't really be apologising for being pessimistic though. A lot of fans share the same views as you and that is the whole point of a forum, to give your opinions and if that is your opinion then give it. Just because people don't agree with it doesn't make it wrong. Keep saying what you think and don't tailor your views to suit others as that would be far more wrong than showing pessimism IMO.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum