Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Big news from the Bolton News

+7
wanderlust
MartinBWFC
Boggersbelief
karlypants
Sluffy
finlaymcdanger
BoltonTillIDie
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Big news from the Bolton News - Page 2 Empty Re: Big news from the Bolton News Thu Jul 09 2015, 18:17

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Its the guy who owns Ryan air.

22Big news from the Bolton News - Page 2 Empty Re: Big news from the Bolton News Thu Jul 09 2015, 19:24

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
rammywhite wrote:
Don't fret about it.
Park outside Halfords on Middlebrook for free and you get away just as quick as the  official car park. It'll be that scruffy bit down behind the police station anyway

I'd like to hazard a guess that Hipster has never been to Middlebrook in his life.

Obviously I have plenty of times.

23Big news from the Bolton News - Page 2 Empty Re: Big news from the Bolton News Thu Jul 09 2015, 19:25

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Really Hips?

24Big news from the Bolton News - Page 2 Empty Re: Big news from the Bolton News Thu Jul 09 2015, 20:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Oasis in 2000.

25Big news from the Bolton News - Page 2 Empty Re: Big news from the Bolton News Thu Jul 09 2015, 21:02

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
rammywhite wrote:I'm surprised that securitisation of season ticket sales hasn't been done so far as it is part of normal financial planning by other clubs. It's standard practice in the financial community and has been common practice on mortgages and long term leases for decades.

Can you explain to me how it creates new income? Surely they get what they get from season ticket sales? Securing loans against anticipated sales would just add cost wouldn't it?
It brings forward a sizeable slab of money up front. For example if BWFC season ticket sales are worth  (say) £3.5m a season (that's 10,000 people at £350 a time) that would be £10.5m over three seasons. Sell that now for about £10m and use that to pay down debt or buy  some new players.
It means lower revenues in future years, but if you're a gambler for success then there's a logic in bringing revenue forward. It simply means we get the money now rather than wait for it. There's virtually no new cost involved.
Ta. Get what you're saying but we lose 0.5 million (in three years time) plus transaction costs which I imagine would be determined by risk i.e. season ticket sales could drop. And we're a pretty risky proposition these days so I'd have thought we'd not be getting a cheap deal. Still it's jam today so it would come down to what we make of it.

This Board has lived on credit so I guess mortgaging the family jewels would be no surprise.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum