Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

To boo or not to boo

+5
boltonbonce
Norpig
rammywhite
Banks of the Croal
doffcocker
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1To boo or not to boo Empty To boo or not to boo Sat Aug 01 2015, 01:46

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The Alan Stubbs thread got me thinking.

I've compiled a list of players from my lifetime as a Bolton fan (and maybe a bit before) whose departure was significant transfer news. All you need to do is what I've done which is to pick the ones you've got an opinion on - and can be arsed to write about it.

Jason McAteer -
Alan Stubbs -
Sasa Curcic -
Alan Thompson -
Gerry Taggart -
Arnar Gunnlaugsson -
Nathan Blake -
Per Frandsen (first time) -
Andy Todd - Nasty piece of work. Boo!
Neil Cox -
Mark Fish -
Claus Jensen - Cheer.
Eidur Gudjohnsen - Cheer.
Robbie Elliot -
Michael Ricketts - If he'd ditched us for Spurs or somet, fair enough, but Boro? And the sheer lack of respect in his comments. Massive boo! 
Simon Charlton - Excellent player for us and speaks highly of the club all the time. Massive cheer!
Radhi Jaidi - Apparently he really wanted to get away. Boo I suppose.
Tal Ben Haim - Excellent signing. Speaks highly of the club to this day. Allardyce said at the time it was the club's fault he didn't renew his contract, not the player's. Undecided.
Abdoulaye Faye - Great player and still lives in the town now I believe. Don't begrudge him moving to Newcastle with Allardyce. Cheer!
Nicolas Anelka - Arguably played some of his best football with us, never really sulked despite his reputation, and didn't exactly try his damn best to get out, like a dick. Cheer!
Abdoulaye Meite - Things turned bitter between him and Megson supposedly, which considering Megson could make enemies in an empty room, I'm not gonna judge him for. But he did behave like a petulant child in the end apparently. Undecided.
El Hadji Diouf - Clearly thinks the world of the club and fans, but basically started to orchestrate a transfer when the club was deep in the shit, relegation-wise. Boo!
Kevin Nolan - Always talks highly of his time at Bolton, didn't exactly wanna leave when he did, and he always gave 100% even if he wasn't always effective.
Johan Elmander - Didn't seem to have much remorse for being basically shit for three years then leaving on a free when he cost us nearly £20m in total. Boo!
Joey O'Brien -
Matt Taylor - Always put the effort in. It was right to move him on in the end though. Cheer.
Ali Al Habsi - Seems grateful for all the club did for him and played well when called upon. Cheer.
Gary Cahill - Cheer.
Nigel ReoCoker - All round trouble maker it seems. Boo!
Gretar Steinsson - Excellent relationship with the fans, albeit a dreadful defender. Cheer!
Martin Petrov - Bad attitude. Boo!
Jussi Jaaskelainen - Massive cheer obviously!
David Ngog -
Kevin Davies - Sad that it didn't end kindly, but a massive cheer nonetheless.
Sam Ricketts - Cheer.
Marcos Alonso - Talks highly of the club on Twitter, but it's hard to appreciate a player that just buggers off on a free after what the club went through with him.
Chris Eagles - Cheer.
Zat Knight - Pass.
CYL - Cheer.
Marvin Sordell - Boo.
Matt Mills - Complete idiot. Boo!
Andy Lonergan - Cheer.
Jermaine Beckford - I honestly think he tried harder than the fans give him credit for. Certainly wouldn't boo him.
Adam Bogdan - Can't blame him for taking the Liverpool opportunity. Cheer.

2To boo or not to boo Empty Re: To boo or not to boo Sat Aug 01 2015, 02:01

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Out of all those players mentioned,  at first glance and a few beers    I've always rated and liked Alan Thompson and CYl.

So it's a Cheer for those Two.

3To boo or not to boo Empty Re: To boo or not to boo Sat Aug 01 2015, 08:28

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Big cheer from me for Kevin Nolan.
Slightly smaller cheer for Alan Thomson

4To boo or not to boo Empty Re: To boo or not to boo Sat Aug 01 2015, 08:56

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

the ones i was most upset about at the time were Gunnlaugsson, Fish and Ricketts. Elmander got booed in his last game at the Reebok because he wouldn't sign a new deal after having one good half season out of 3 so he would be due a boo as well

The rest i have no issues with really

5To boo or not to boo Empty Re: To boo or not to boo Sat Aug 01 2015, 09:47

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lost my voice for 2 days after booing Franny Lee when he came to Burnden with City.
Stuffed em 3-0,Garry Jones getting a hat trick.
Freddy Hill and Wyn Davies were also in the City side,but it was Lee that got it big style.
42,000 at Burnden......Magic. Very Happy

6To boo or not to boo Empty Re: To boo or not to boo Sat Aug 01 2015, 09:54

Elmander, stubbs, reo coker and bogdan would all get booed.  None of the rest would.

I have got an amazing anecdote for you bonce about franny Lee that is 100 percent real. Smile

7To boo or not to boo Empty Re: To boo or not to boo Sat Aug 01 2015, 09:57

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:Elmander, stubbs, reo coker and bogdan would all get booed.  None of the rest would.

I have got an amazing anecdote for you bonce about franny Lee that is 100 percent real. Smile
Don't you start!
It's bad enough trying to get Manda to cough up. Mad

8To boo or not to boo Empty Re: To boo or not to boo Sat Aug 01 2015, 09:59

boltonbonce wrote:
y2johnny wrote:Elmander, stubbs, reo coker and bogdan would all get booed.  None of the rest would.

Don't you start!

Franny Lee mithered my nan like mad to go out with him constantly back in the day. Anyway after the 100th time of asking her out she agreed. But then the true object of her affections (my grandad) asked her out and she stood up franny lee. And the rest as they say is history Smile

9To boo or not to boo Empty Re: To boo or not to boo Sat Aug 01 2015, 10:00

See manda you anecdote tease you. Its not hard to lift the spirits of our bonce

10To boo or not to boo Empty Re: To boo or not to boo Sat Aug 01 2015, 10:01

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good for your nan. cheers

She did well to avoid that little bog roll bandit.

11To boo or not to boo Empty Re: To boo or not to boo Sat Aug 01 2015, 10:04

boltonbonce wrote:Good for your nan. cheers

Hahahaha. She hated him with a passion. She said she only said yeah to get him to stop asking. My grandad was in the army and then a joiner. So not minted like franny lee was. But he had THEE best outlook on life my grandad.

Damu nzito kuliko maji

12To boo or not to boo Empty Re: To boo or not to boo Sat Aug 01 2015, 10:20

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:Good for your nan. cheers

Hahahaha.  She hated him with a passion.  She said she only said yeah to get him to stop asking. My grandad was in the army and then a joiner. So not minted like franny lee was.  But he had THEE best outlook on life my grandad.

Damu nzito kuliko maji
did you fall on the keyboard for that last sentence or does it mean something Johnny?  Very Happy

13To boo or not to boo Empty Re: To boo or not to boo Sat Aug 01 2015, 10:23

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Blood is thicker than water. I think. scratch

14To boo or not to boo Empty Re: To boo or not to boo Sat Aug 01 2015, 10:36

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I absolutely hated henrik pedersen. I really fucking hated jlloyd Samuel as well. 

As for returning players can't really think of any thay truly fuck me off. 

Ibrahim Ba was the worst player technically I've ever watched live.

15To boo or not to boo Empty Re: To boo or not to boo Sat Aug 01 2015, 12:27

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Any player that joined the club after 2011are all twats imo.

16To boo or not to boo Empty Re: To boo or not to boo Sat Aug 01 2015, 12:58

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Doff, interesting you put a boo against Andy Todd. Great player and, ironically, an Allardyce type of player. But for his indiscretions I would suggest he would more than likely been one of the first players on the team sheet when Big Sam came

17To boo or not to boo Empty Re: To boo or not to boo Sat Aug 01 2015, 13:01

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

y2johnny wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:

Don't you start!

Franny Lee mithered my nan like mad to go out with him constantly back in the day. Anyway after the 100th time of asking her out she agreed.  But then the true object of her affections (my grandad) asked her out and she stood up franny lee.  And the rest as they say is history Smile

How ironic, kids used to have to mither Franny Lee for his autograph, he was too tight to give that. I think your nan swerved well there!!

18To boo or not to boo Empty Re: To boo or not to boo Sat Aug 01 2015, 13:10

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:Doff, interesting you put a boo against Andy Todd. Great player and, ironically, an Allardyce type of player. But for his indiscretions I would suggest he would more than likely been one of the first players on the team sheet when Big Sam came
i always liked Andy Todd as well, but his temper was too much as Phil Brown will testify to   Very Happy

19To boo or not to boo Empty Re: To boo or not to boo Sat Aug 01 2015, 13:14

I remember Trevor Morgan saying that he got a better reception when he came back as an opposition player than he ever got when he played for us.

Very Happy

20To boo or not to boo Empty Re: To boo or not to boo Sat Aug 01 2015, 13:31

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

call that an anecdote? Wheres the drama, the tension, the nearly unbearable pain of anticipating the denouement, the action, the character development, the heartwarming yet gently humourous interaction building to the crescendo of delight when the main protagonist meets Brucey....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum