Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jay Spearing - what's the story?

4 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Jay Spearing - what's the story? Empty Jay Spearing - what's the story? Thu Aug 06 2015, 12:14

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Amazed he's still around but it's looking very much as though he's part of Lennon's plans as things stand.
Nobody seems tempted to buy him so I'm wondering if NL now feels he is fully rehabilitated and back on form?

Or is he just hanging around because we can't get rid until his contract is up?

2Jay Spearing - what's the story? Empty Re: Jay Spearing - what's the story? Thu Aug 06 2015, 12:57

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

Or is he just hanging around because we can't get rid until his contract is up?

I think you knew the answer.

3Jay Spearing - what's the story? Empty Re: Jay Spearing - what's the story? Thu Aug 06 2015, 12:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd take Spearing over Trotter.

4Jay Spearing - what's the story? Empty Re: Jay Spearing - what's the story? Thu Aug 06 2015, 13:01

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I'd take Spearing over Trotter.

Slut.

5Jay Spearing - what's the story? Empty Re: Jay Spearing - what's the story? Thu Aug 06 2015, 13:15

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i'd rather my dead Granny played over Trotter, he is truly appalling.

6Jay Spearing - what's the story? Empty Re: Jay Spearing - what's the story? Thu Aug 06 2015, 13:23

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Trotter may well have good Prozone stats though as he is deceptively mobile, even if he looks like he's out for a stroll - and Prozone guides a lot of managers. I remember when Manure sold Tevez and Fergie argued that Berbatov covered more ground and a higher workrate etc - which was hard to believe at the time but it was true.

Some players just look lethargic.

7Jay Spearing - what's the story? Empty Re: Jay Spearing - what's the story? Thu Aug 06 2015, 13:25

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Trotter may well have good Prozone stats though as he is deceptively mobile, even if he looks like he's out for a stroll - and Prozone guides a lot of managers. I remember when Manure sold Tevez and Fergie argued that Berbatov covered more ground and a higher workrate etc - which was hard to believe at the time but it was true.

I'm sure Trotter looks just great from your armchair.

In the flesh he is a slow useless ponce with the skills of an 85 year old donkey.

8Jay Spearing - what's the story? Empty Re: Jay Spearing - what's the story? Thu Aug 06 2015, 13:33

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Trotter may well have good Prozone stats though as he is deceptively mobile, even if he looks like he's out for a stroll - and Prozone guides a lot of managers. I remember when Manure sold Tevez and Fergie argued that Berbatov covered more ground and a higher workrate etc - which was hard to believe at the time but it was true.

Gail Platt looks good from the armchair.

9Jay Spearing - what's the story? Empty Re: Jay Spearing - what's the story? Thu Aug 06 2015, 13:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

In the flesh he is a slow useless ponce with the skills of an 85 year old donkey.

As you well know, the Norfolk armchair isn't currently occupied. Nonetheless, I agree with your assessment of Trotter - disappointing especially as I thought we were getting the guy who was scoring for fun at Millwall.
My reference to Prozone was merely to suggest a possible reason as to why he hasn't been let go.

10Jay Spearing - what's the story? Empty Re: Jay Spearing - what's the story? Thu Aug 06 2015, 13:43

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
My reference to Prozone was merely to suggest a possible reason as to why he hasn't been let go.

I suspect the reason is the 3 year contract he holds in his chubby hands.

11Jay Spearing - what's the story? Empty Re: Jay Spearing - what's the story? Thu Aug 06 2015, 14:00

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

lets just save his wages and release Trotter and then he can find his true level in league 2 or the conference

12Jay Spearing - what's the story? Empty Re: Jay Spearing - what's the story? Thu Aug 06 2015, 16:21

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:lets just save his wages and release Trotter and then he can find his true level in league 2 or the conference

Not sure you can do that mid-contract without mutual consent.

13Jay Spearing - what's the story? Empty Re: Jay Spearing - what's the story? Thu Aug 06 2015, 16:28

wanderlust wrote:
Norpig wrote:lets just save his wages and release Trotter and then he can find his true level in league 2 or the conference

Not sure you can do that mid-contract without mutual consent.

Can we not just bin him under current employment legislation which basically says that unless you've got two years' continuous service under your belt, your boss can just flirt you without reason?

Or is that just for poor people like us?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum